Watching Among the Flames [D15, EN, Open]

Nanzi

Re: Watching Among the Flames [D15, EN, Open]

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:04 pm

"New to most of us, Nanzi has learned much on this journey," he replied.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm

She nodded her head after Nanzi's explanation, the Crane's acknowledgment helping validate for her that she had at least come away from the morning planning with some understanding of what was going on. "Indeed, I too have learned much, especially on these spiritual realms and the practices and ways of the shamans. I have no ability in that, but it has been most interesting to hear and bear witness to such things and it has provided new perspective on the forest I call home."
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:54 pm

"Do you intend to return to your people?" he asked.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:45 am

She nodded her head, but only after a couple moments passed, and a small one at that, not emphatic or assured. "I think so. At least, return for enough time to return the things I borrowed from some of those in my village for this trip, let people see that I have made it home safely, visit my mother, share what I have seen and heard on this journey, things of that sort. After that... I do not quite know. There is much of this land I do not know - my eyes have been opened to that - and there is much I might like to see yet. And I have much to think about regarding what the future might hold for me." She did a quick scan of the eyes around, still seeing that patrols were being taken care of, before returning attention back to Nanzi and offering a small smile.

"I imagine that you return to Lady Kami Doji after we return to the city?" And looking over to Taochusu. "And back on the road for you, whether somewhere in mind or wherever the roads lead you? Or something else perhaps?"
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:52 am

"I'm heading north if I survive. Protecting the Ryoshun on their travel home. Both of them are craft folk, so they're not dedicated warriors or hunters," he says with a shrug. "No clue from there. Maybe I'll stay up there with them."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:01 am

“Nanzi has many responsibilities, but he will find some time to enjoy family as Duty permits,” he responded warmly.

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:57 am

"Are there little ones that await your return, good sir?" she inquired.

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:01 am

"Two girls and a third that still waits to be born, Nanzi is a dutiful husband and his seed is strong," he said chuckling.

"And you?"

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:43 am

"Girls? How wonderful! I hope your household is bountiful with the joy of many children to come. Does one wish for a boy this time around or content no matter what?" At his question, the tribeswoman shook her head.

"No partner that waits for me at home in the Chinsei Mori let alone any little ones waiting for me as well. But I do hope to one day have a very full and very wondrous household of my own. Another item to add to my pile of considerations once we return home."

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:54 am

"Children are a blessing no matter the gender," he said warmly.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:47 am

Family talk leaves Taochusu with no real input to provide. He simply looks out and keeps watch over the camp.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:57 am

"Wholeheartedly agreed," she responded to Nanzi with a bright smile before turning attention to Taochusu for a moment. "You said you might travel with those of Family Ryoshun, walk far, maybe stay some time: do you think you might join Clan-Tribe Bat while you are at it? I know you wander much, have wandered much, but I know one of your skill will likely be welcomed anywhere that you choose to settle: not your final steps, but a place one might find rest and respite before the journey begins again."

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:59 am

"It takes more than skill to join a Clan, one needs dedication and a willingness to serve something greater than themselves," Nanzi added.

"It is not like joining a tribe, this Empire is like nothing that has come before for humanity."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:10 am

"My willingness to work and protect folks other than myself was never an issue. Tribe superstition and fear of outsiders made them unwilling to do more than let me trade and visit for a day or three. My father always taught me that it was about the tribe first, the family second and the self last. My mother always taught me that if you don't strengthen yourself you can't protect your family and if you don't strengthen your family you cant protect your tribe. And try as I might, nothing I did helped me save them from the illness that took all of them and nearly took me." He looks at the fire for a moment.

"No matter how much you might wanna live for someone else, if they won't let you then you can't."
Wanderer • Large

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:13 am

"The Clans and Empire are not the tribes," is his only reply.

Return to “The Camp”