Camp du Drap d'Or (D13, EA)

Togashi Saruko

Re: Camp du Drap d'Or (D13, EA)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:44 pm

"Fascinating... did you work with silk like the Kuwagaya have too? Or did you use other type of fabrics?" Already she was looking him over to get a better impression of what Isawa textiles were like, in case he wore any now still even after leaving the Isawa.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:45 pm

Ayumu was wearing linen clothes of good quality but nothing extravagant or particularly remarkable. Maybe a bit better maintained, brushed and smoothed than average, but that's all.

"Silk? Only in very rare occasions. The day-to-day work was more about simple linen, made from the flax we cultivated. People need far more socks than party clothes. And most cannot afford silk at all."
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:36 am

"Ah... I wasn't sure if the Isawa had silk too, since I often hear talk about how advanced the tribe is compared to the other ones."

She began outlining her work space for the Imperial symbol.

"If you don't mind me asking, what made you decide to join Shiba - and the Jiyo?"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:07 am

"The Isawa don't produce silk, but they do import it. One of the advantages of having a monopoly on some rare resources is that you can trade them against equally rare resources."

He smiled:

"That's no secret. Actually, that's a story I have been telling a lot recently. I'll do the short version this time if you don't mind.

Simply put, I wanted to change the world. Nudge it into a kinder direction. And that's not something I could aspire to as a simple tailor, no matter how much I honed my skills. While working for Shiba, a true world shaper, opened such possibilities.

As for Jiyo... It's more of a compromise than anything else. Warriors just fit anywhere, as messengers, guards, scouts. Being one allows me to easily partake in events that may have the potential to shift the balance of the world. Like this very expedition."

A pause, a hesitation:

"Should I ask in return what had motivated you to risk your very life on this endeavor, or is this too personal?"
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:23 am

"That's a very fine motivation," she nodded approvingly of Ayumu's story. It made it easier to understand why Sora thought so highly of him too.

"Hmm... it's not too personal a question. But the answer has many facets. I promised to help, I wished to be here for my friends, a part of me also want to see this great moment in history myself so it can be retold later for generations to come..."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:30 am

"There is no shame in the later. Preserving the memory of what is happening there is important. I'm sure Shinsei would have something to say on that subject, something like the tales of today make the heroes of tomorrow.

And you, you're an incredible storyteller. We couldn't have hoped for a better person for that job."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:23 am

"I'm sure he would say something like that, yes," Saruko chuckled warmly. "... And thank you, for such kind praise. I only hope I will be able to do it justice."

And you know, survive to tell the tale.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:54 pm

"Apropos our respective talents, do you want to take charge for the next step? I have the technique to handle cloth and can provide support, but you've shown to have no equal there when it comes to marrying the colors."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:37 pm

"Ah, thank you. I... think I'll be able to take it from here, yes. It will be just like the winters back home, when the tribe would gather around to weave and sew clothes for the new year." Except she wouldn't have all of her cousins and friends around for it, but she was quite certain they were with her in spirit.

"My favorite part was always the embellishments - never could get the hang of weaving, or sewing like you do."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:05 pm

"Well, actually making clothes is more often repetitive hard work than an expression of creativity. Socks for example are pretty much something I could make half asleep since they always require the same exact movements. Measure, cut, tie, sew. It does not bother me, but I can understand a more dynamic person would have a hard time enjoying that.

Before I leave you to your own magic, would you like for me to give it a try at copying one of the ratlings symbol I saw as their "mon"?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:10 pm

"That would be very helpful, yes!" she said with delight. It would save her some time in trying to design one herself.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:33 pm

"It looked a bit like that. Except with a longer tail. And rounder eyes. A bit mightier in its posture too."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:00 am

"So, make it look more like our Nezumi ally at camp?" she said with a playful grin.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 am

"....

Yes."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:12 am

Saruko chucked. "I'll see what I can do. Your idea is a good one though, so I'll see what I can do to make it look more like him. Hey, who knows, maybe he'll volunteer to model."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:21 am

"Who knows? He has been nothing but surprising so far."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:24 am

"The Nezumi have been quite the surprising allies," she agreed with a nod. "Some of them are oddly charming, but all in all, they're fascinating and impressive. Especially their city. I've never seen anything like it before."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:59 am

"Indeed. I would love to explore it at length in more tranquil circumstances. Hopefully, that'll be something we'll be able to organize after our return."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:00 am

"Hopefully, yes. Though some if its ideas will return with us to the Empire. Such as their library."

The idea of a library was still shining pretty brightly in her mind.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:03 am

"Ah yes. Sora's pet project. I think he is getting everyone onboard that particular boat at the moment.

And he is definitely right to do so."

Return to “The Supply Wagon”