Camp du Drap d'Or (D13, EA)

Togashi Saruko

Camp du Drap d'Or (D13, EA)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:01 am

Saruko had asked Ayumu earlier that morning to meet her at the wagons later, about a new project for them to work at now that they had finished the shrine.

And so the lithe Dragon woman appeared by the wagons, carrying some of her robes bundled up in her arms, along with sewing supplies.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Ayumu

Re: Camp du Drap d'Or (D13, EA)

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:51 am

Ayumu appeared as agreed, carrying a small bag filled with his own tools of the trade as well.

"Hello Saruko. How does the day find you?

As for myself, I admit your mysterious project has got me quite curious."
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:08 am

"Finds me well enough, thank you." Despite terrible nightmares. Trying not to think about that. "I hope you're well too... as for my project; it's pretty simple!"

She held up one of her robes. Plain, unbleached white. And kind of tried to give it a wave like it was a flag. "We're going to make a banner!"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:31 pm

"I hope you're planning for a very nice one, to be worth the sacrifice of this fine dress.

What do you have in mind exactly?"
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:41 pm

"I have enough clothes to keep me clothed, so it's a fine sacrifice as this one will now have another purpose." Saruko didn't seem too overly concerned with looking fashionable during the trip to hell.

"The idea is a banner that symbolizes the united forces here. So, I'll have the Imperial Phoenix in the middle, circled by symbols of the Clans. And... I'll have to find a place for the Nezumi, and probably the tribes too. But anyway, that's the plan!"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:16 pm

"Sounds like a great idea to bolster morale!

Quite a complex pattern though. Do you have a drawing of what you expect it'll look like, or something similar? Would help me get the composition better.

Also, do most tribes even have an official symbol?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:39 pm

She dug around inside her robes for a moment to find the mock up sketch (apologies for varying quality on mon) she had done on a piece of parchment.

"I figured, for the tribes... maybe a circle? The empty field within would represent their as of yet unknown futures and potential."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:29 pm

"Ten siblings, accounting for Ryoshun and Fu-Leng. But only 8 circles around the Phoenix. I know Lord Bayushi loves to play sneaky, but might be more better to put his mon somewhere visible regardless.

Jokes about innocent mistakes aside, I think I've got it.

For the Nezumi symbol, I think I can help. I've studied their iconography a bit back when we visited their city. Not enough to reproduce their style perfectly, but enough to give this pseudo-mon a Nezumi feel at least.

For the tribes... I don't know. Feels pretty much like we're merging them all in one big blank thing.

Maybe we should only keep the ten clans as circles in the center, and have symbols reminding of the tribes and the Nezumi along the border instead. A decorative edging made of Isawa's rice, Chinsei's forest, Kuwagaya's silk, Hikaru's mountain, Nezumi's art..."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:47 pm

(fuck me, missed Scorpion mon lol that's what I get for rushing xD)

"D'oh!" Saruko laughed at her mistake of missing one.

She listened to Ayumu's suggestion for the others. "Perhaps... oof... going to have to work day and night to get so much done in time." Now she was actually becoming concerned if she had taken in too much work. There were so many tribes too...

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:21 am

"Might be too complicated indeed, especially in these circumstances. Maybe some more generic symbol, something we all share here regardless of origin?

All the non-claners I've been talking to in this expedition have put an emphasis on the importance of freedom and diversity. I don't know if we have some way to easily represent that though...

Maybe the blank circle isn't such a bad idea after all."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:27 am

"Mm... I just hope they won't be offended by it... If only I had had this idea sooner, I could've worked with what you suggested. But, we're getting closer to our destination now."

A glance at their surroundings made it very obvious that they were indeed pretty close.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:42 am

Ayumu took a minute to think about this. And finally:

"Maybe we could keep the idea of everyone having a mon, and representing those who are neither in-clan or Nezumi with a crow? Karasu is more or less the mascot of this expedition, and he is not aligned with anyone."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:43 am

"Huh."

She blinked a few times.

"That's... that's an interesting idea. Yes..." she thought, nodding, "that seems like a sound idea!"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:00 am

"So, in the end, the imperial phoenix at the center, the nine clans around it, and the rat and the crow on opposite sides?"

Taking out scissors of his bag, and opening them with a sinister sound:

"If we're good, I can begin the great sacrifice of your robe and extract the fabric we need from its corpse."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:14 am

"That's the plan!"

Though she wasn't quite sure on how she felt about Ayumu's... choice of words. "Uh... yeah. I'll help!"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:56 am

Snip.

Snip.

Snip.

The sleeves go. The existing decorations are unstitched. The edges are cut straight then sewed again to equalize them.

Fifteen minutes later, there is no more dress. Just a virginal rectangular piece of cloth awaiting its destiny.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:37 am

"Oh! Ayumu, you're amazing!" Saruko applauded as he finished the job.

Damnit, she had to learn how to do that herself!

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:52 pm

"Just doing what I can to help.

The canvas is ready, should you proceed with the actual magic?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:50 pm

"Ah, I certainly will," she nodded and began digging out her sewing kit from her things. At least she had a good idea for the Imperial Phoenix symbol already.

"So, I'm curious - were you a tailor in your tribe before? Before joining Shiba?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:23 pm

"Indeed. Back in the Isawa, that was my main occupation outside harvest season. During the later, I was too busy giving a hand at the familial farm."

Return to “The Supply Wagon”