[D13LA] Real Acid?

Seppun Chisei

[D13LA] Real Acid?

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:42 am

(eggspecting, but open?)

And the day had been going so nicely, too...

Well, in fact, it hadn't been going especially nicely. In fact, now that they'd entered the Shadowlands, it had grown rather bleak. But even a fairly poor day could be made worse when acid started falling from the sky.

Yelping in surprise, Chisei dove into the first tent he saw. He hissed through his teeth, a sound to match the mild hissing of his traveling cloak, steam rising off of it from the burning rain.
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Jiyo Sora

Re: [D13LA] Real Acid?

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:49 am

Sora arched an eyebrow at his sudden guest.

"Seppun-san, is it? Welcome to the grand tent of the Imperial contingent. It won't be too crowded, with any luck."

He frowned at the tent flap, and the cascade of caustic water falling beyond it. Ordinarily, he loved the rain.

"This place does not improve upon longer acquaintance, I fear."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:03 am

Chisei glanced up, blinking in surprise. "Hmmm? Oh. Hello there. Sorry for the unannounced visit." He chuckled dryly. "Burning rain makes me rude, I suppose."

He cleared his throat, giving a brief bow. "Seppun Chisei. Well met..." Chisei frowned, "Sora-sama, right?"

Grimacing, he tilted his head, peering awkwardly outside. "It does not. I think burning rain is perhaps my least favorite. Just edging out the swamp that followed us."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:33 pm

"Chisei... You were of the Tribe of Isawa, I believe? Nice to formally meet. The trail has not exactly encouraged much... Sociability. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind touching this jade?"

He held out a small piece.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:58 pm

Chisei's eyebrows went up. "Originally I was, yes. I actually spent some brief time with the Imperials, as well. And from there to the Seppun, when I married."

Grunting, Chisei studied the piece of jade for a moment. "Of course." He said, smiling gently. Reaching out, he took it between two fingers for a few moments; long enough to show that it did him no harm. "In truth, I'm glad people haven't become more paranoid. Infiltrators that can take the forms of others are a danger to more than just sociability."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:51 am

"Well, I wasn't exactly a social butterfly before all of this, but I take your point."

Sora chuckled.

"So what induced you to join our merry little romp to the south?"

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:18 am

"Hmmm." Chisei frowned, crossing his arms over his chest. "A number of things. I feel as though I owe Emperor Shiba. And Lord Hantei. And my new family. And Reiko. A multitude of obligations."

He smiled, spreading his hands. "But besides that... curiosity isn't quite the right word, but it's not too far off. A chance to see the world. Rescue a god." Chisei shrugged. "It is worth a risk."

"You?" He asked.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:38 am

"Well. Yuzuru and I talked the Emperor out of coming, because his responsibilities to the entire Empire- and its future- make the risks to him that we foresaw too great. Yuzuru is... not suited for combat. The Emperor's daughters... need their mother. So I volunteered. Like you, there are also obligations in play- to the Emperor and to Reiko, to Shiba's children in particular and to all children and the future they will inherit in general. There is also a philosophical dimension to my presence here, since success here would demonstrate to the more...prideful among the Kami that they need us just as much, if not more, than we ever needed them."

He grinned.

"And as so often happens, the obligations that I put on myself are far heavier than any another could put on me."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:43 am

Chisei chuckled. "As so often happens, indeed." He gave the other man a slow nod of understanding.

"But a philosophical dimension, you say? Intriguing." Chisei gave Sora an encouraging nod. "One does note that, while there are Kami on this journey, they are outnumbered twenty-five to one by humans." Chisei tilted his head. "And two to one by Nezumi, come to think of it. Who have also proven themselves on this journey."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:03 am

"The Nezumi... I hope we can build a better future with them. We all have things in the past that are best left there."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:03 am

Chisei raised an eyebrow, but he wasn't about to ask questions about that.

He cleared his throat. "I have some hope that we will be able to. I had quite a fascinating conversation with one of their..." He cleared his throat again, "-smart rats, I believe he called himself. The ones responsible for creating and caring for their memory sticks."

Chisei grimaced. "A college of mine, Anjing Xia and I, even made some attempt at studying the sticks. It wasn't especially fruitful, but perhaps we can cooperate with them more in the future."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:56 am

"One of their Rememberers- quite charming, actually- mentioned that they might be willing to help us transcribe some of their lore into written form for the Imperial Library."

He chuckled.

"And I might- might- have mentioned to Anjing-san that sucha project- the library- could be a good home for her talents."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:31 am

"Imperial library..." Chisei frowned thoughtfully. "That does sound intriguing."

He tilted his head, looking at Sora. "Are you one of Xia-san's correspondents? She mentioned that she had a few." He frowned. "And I think that she might be more..." the frown deepened, "-fulfilled in a library."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:35 am

"I'd never met her before this expedition set out. My loss. I think she'd be a good fit."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:42 am

"Oh. Well, you should become one." Chisei gave the man a gentle smile. "I think she could use more. I think she's a bit stifled in the Anjing, actually. Her intellect isn't appreciated as much as it should be."

He chuckled softly. "I think she'd enjoy being surrounded by books. Perhaps even a few smell-sticks, just for variety."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:45 am

"That's the idea. Plus, it lets me play a little political game- I offer a position at a prestigious Imperial project to one of the Crab Clan."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:07 am

"Oh?" Chisei said, folding his arms over his chest with a gentle smile. "Do you consider yourself to be a player of political games, Sora-sama? By choice, or by necessity?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:27 am

"Let us say that my responsibilities have forced me to adapt to some new developments."

He adopted a stage whisper.

"I hate that part."

Return to “The Camp”