Poking Dragons (D13, LN. Open, but expecting)

Togashi Saruko

Re: Poking Dragons (D13, LN. Open, but expecting)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:42 am

"True... I'm sure he'll want to hear much about our experiences here, and about what happened."

She suddenly remembered something. "Oh, by the way, did you see the library in the Nezumi city?"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:47 am

Nadare shook his head. "Alas I did not. That day I was watching an emerald snake shed its skin."

Flipping into a crow stance he casually added: "Also, what exactly is a libr-ary? Is it anything like a can-ary? Because I have seen many of them."
Dragon ClanEarthTattooed • Herbalist • Sane • Enlightened
Samurai Without Borders (Co-founder)
Tattoos: Lion (Chest); Balance (Back)
Equipment: Yumi, knife, sturdy clothing, travel pack.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:52 am

"Uh, what's a can-ary?" she asked puzzled. "Ah, uhm, anyway, a library is like... a place to store all knowledge, written down. So, anyone who can read can go into a library and read whatever they like in there. Like if you wanted to learn more about medicine, you could maybe go to a library and read what someone else had written about it."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:00 am

He have her a puzzled look. "You can't store all knowledge Saruko. Besides, think of all the learning opportunities I would miss while trying to work out what all those squiggly lines meant."

Anjing Xia had been making those lines though. Perhaps he would ask her about them?

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:15 am

"We can teach you how to read!" She said with almost overbearing enthusiasm. "If I can learn to read and write, I'm sure you can too. You're much intelligenter than me!"

Theme 2Profile

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:23 am

Rolling forward he moved into a head stand. "Perhaps. Tell me though: how is one to know that what is written is truth?" He closed his eyes and lifted up into a handstand.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:29 am

Saruko opened her mouth to argue, then kind of didn't know what to say so she was thinking really hard on it for a few moments.

She might not be the smartest among the Dragon, but that rarely stopped her from trying to find the answer. Even if it took many tries.

"Well, what is truth, though? As you've said before, it's a matter of perspective!"

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Camp”