[Early Afternoon, Day 13] A Tents Situation (Open)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Early Afternoon, Day 13] A Tents Situation (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:36 am

"There are ramifications to their presence in Ningen-Do that might have been... missed. For one, you may note that while Hantei still carries the glow of Tengoku, Shinjo does not. Nor do the others, not even the Emperor- because coming to this Realm has changed them, just they have changed it. They are of the Celestial Heavens, but they have become mortal. Very powerful, but still mortal."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:21 am

''Well...'' he began on an even thoughtful tone ''...I do agree that Nanzi's way is flawed as I believe he missed the deeper meaning of the final duel between Shiba and Togashi. So it follows that basing your own challenge on that just compounds his misunderstanding with, what I feel, is your own.''

He paused

''I have seen many gods worshipped in my travels over the years...Local gods, village gods, gods of ponds and mountain gods. They are all worshipped for various reasons and different times. A god of harvest is not invoqued for battle, neither is the god that safeguards fishermen...would you challenge a goddess who is prayed at childbirth for healthy infants to hit you on the head with a hammer to prove her power?''

He tilted his head towards Sora

''An one who would have becomed mortal on top of that?'' he smiled ''But, most important of all, did you not come here for your tribe and to assure it's ways are respected? Should Shinjo have struck you down with your hammer in one swing, as your requested, how would that have proven that she was going to respect the beliefs and rituals of the Seidou?''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:44 am

“I realize now that the challenge was misguided based on an incomplete understanding of their divinity. However, it is important to remember I did not challenge her to kill me, but instead just knock me out. I challenged Hantei first, but he refused...”

Satone looks over to where the tent of the Kami sits.

“I have used this test for many years, so while it may not be used by all Seidou, it is still a custom in a way.”

“After seeing Shinjo turn into a horse, I am much more certain that they are divine in some right, but I am still unconvinced they are not here to conquer us all.”
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:35 pm

"Oh, some will no doubt want to. Neither Wu nor I chose to follow the more... aggressive specimens."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:53 am

''It is yours but it is similar to Nanzi's which you admit is flawed.'' the dragon pointed out ''Sometimes tradition can stiffle personal growth.''

He nodded at Sora's words

''There will always be those who seek to impose their will on others...be they gods, spirits or other mortals. You are right in being wary of what change may bring Satone-san but change is on the horizon. We cannot go back but we can shape what is to come for those who cannot.''

he paused

''If you are still uncertain about where the future of Seidou lay... I can make you an offer.''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:57 am

"Indeed, it was flawed, though it had a purpose that up til know I felt was appropriate. I can see that it was not well taken however, and may have hampered by ability to negotiate with the Kami, thus forcing these inevitable changes instead of having a say in them."

Satone looked away from the Kami's tent and back to Wu.

"I am interested in what you have to say, so please share your thoughts. "
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:46 am

''I would prefer to take more time with this matter but the future is perilous and uncertain.'' he began

''My offer is thus: once this ordeal is done you and your leader are invited to journey into the lands of the Dragon, witness our ways, speak to our people and meet with Togashi-no-Kami. Should what you see can be considered compatible with the tradition of the Seidou or even possibly be considered to be a fertile ground for your tribe to flourish, I will make sure that your people will be able find a place there as the Seidou and not as vassals of either the Wu or the Saru.''

He paused

''I am not one who would wish to see the various ways of the tribes disappear for there is wisdom to learn form all of them. The Dragon clan and the Seidou could learn plenty from each other.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:47 am

"Likewise, as I have said, I would be happy to introduce you to Shiba. He heard my concerns with an open ear, and understands that our ways do not exist for no reason."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:02 am

"When you say as the Seidou, do you mean we would be a family inside the Dragon? That does appeal to me. I was intending to speak with Shinjo about the possibility based off a conversation with Jin, but then speaking with Shinsei I thought better of it. Being able to be a family inside a clan would be a great benefit to what I am trying to do.."

Satone smiles at Sora

"I have not forgotten your offer. Speaking with the Emperor would be quite helpful as well. Honestly, the best outcome would be if the Emperor would allow the remaining Seidou, as well as any others who do not wish to join the Kami, to become our own clan, led by ourselves, but under the Emperor as well. Outside of that, I believe becoming a family that does the same would be an excellent alternative. Plus, the Dragon have a similar practice of tattooing as the Seidou do, or so I have heard."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:05 am

"Swearing fealty to the Emperor would certainly give the more aggressive types pause. Maybe not as all one clan, though- maybe as several smaller ones under Imperial protection..."

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:12 am

Wu gives an affirmative nods

''Both are options and both have their advantages and disadvantages but now you know for certain that a place will be made for you should you wish it.''

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:57 am

'I am certainly appreciative to the both of you. Life has taught me that very few people act out of the kindness of their hearts however, so I must ask, and I apologize if it seems offensive, but what do either of you gain by assisting me with this matter?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:54 am

Sora smirked.

"I get to tweak the noses of those who would demand you and those like you join on their terms or die. That's worth a great deal to me."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:15 am

Satone smirks at that and then looks to Wu

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:57 am

''The Empire will benefit from having different opinions and the people to voice them when the need arise.'' he says simply

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:45 am

"I see."

Satone motions between the two of them.

"If I remember correctly Sora, you said Wu has similar ideals as you?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:06 am

"Broadly. We differ in some respects, but not in any way I find insurmountable- and we share similar concerns, even if we might address them differently."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:08 am

"So that makes you, Jin, Shinjo's husband, and Wu. Are there others?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:13 am

Sora laughed.

"Oh, Wu's not part of my little philosophy circle with my Ki-Rin friends."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Satone tenses a little.

"Oh. I see. None the less, I think the Dragon seem the best fit so far, considering how I have slighted Shinjo. Having a family of our own makes for a lot more freedoms. Ideally, full independence would be desired, but the chances of that happening are extremely slim, I would think. I do not know a ruler who would allow another 'empire' inside their own."

Return to “The Camp”