[Early Afternoon, Day 13] A Tents Situation (Open)

Jiyo Sora

[Early Afternoon, Day 13] A Tents Situation (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:33 pm

Sora surveyed his handiwork.

Then spat on the ground and got to work.

As a Hikaru raider, he'd trashed plenty of tents in his time. He'd also set more of them up than he ever wanted to think about again.

Let's see, this one HAS to be Phi's. It WOULD be the one I actually ran over. Hrnh
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Wu

Re: [Early Afternoon, Day 13] A Tents Situation (Open)

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:59 pm

Some distance away Wu had just came back from his herb gathering expedition. He had a good all, more then enough to share, but now he was not sure were to put it.

Reaching his camp ground he was struck with disbelief.

What happened here? What happened to my tent?
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:05 pm

Satone sat grumpily outside her and Haruyo's tent, which was unbroken, with her hammer on her shoulder.

"Not sure what happened, but quite a few have been torn down. I think someone was looking for something."
She says to Wu as he approaches
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:22 pm

Wu let out a soft sigh and put down his herb basket.

''I see, thank you Seidou-san'' he took a few steps closer and crouched to observe the scene ''Looks like a fight broke out...a chase maybe?''

He looked up to the tribeswoman

''I guess there is nothing to do now but put it back up and hope for the best''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:10 am

"My name is Satone. And I have no idea what happened, but there was quite a commotion. Some sort of fight."

Satone stands and walks over

"Can I help you put it back up?"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:58 am

''I will not refuse the help if it is graciously offered.'' he replied, thankful.

The first step would be to remove what was inside. Hopefully nothing was broken.

''How is the expedition so far for you? Everything is going well?''

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:22 am

"I'm not sure, to be honest."

Satone begins to assist with resetting the tent up.

"After I challenged Shinjo, things have felt...heavy"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:37 am

Oh shit. That5 was Wu's tent? Damn.

As he continued sorting out Phi's debris, he called over to the Dragon and the Seidou.

"Be right with you, had to start somewhere, and, uh..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:18 am

Seidou Satone wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:22 am
"I'm not sure, to be honest."

Satone begins to assist with resetting the tent up.

"After I challenged Shinjo, things have felt...heavy"
''I see'' he seemed to think the situation over ''Is it because you are not sastisfied with the result or perhaps a clear path ahead as not shown itself?''
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:37 am
Oh shit. That5 was Wu's tent? Damn.

As he continued sorting out Phi's debris, he called over to the Dragon and the Seidou.

"Be right with you, had to start somewhere, and, uh..."
''No rush Sora...things look salvageable'' he replied to the Imperial, not sure why he was flustered.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:20 am

"Hope so, at least I didn't actually run over yours when I tore it down..."

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:25 am

Wu raised his head in confusion

''You tore my tent down? I would be curious to know what happened to require such a mesure''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:27 am

"Oh, you haven't heard? Shinsei's embodied hubris showed up, tried to kill Matsu. It was using tents as cover, so I, ah... knocked three of 'em over tracking the thing down."

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:30 am

''Shinsei's embodied ubris?''

That was something you heard everyday

''How is the child? Did harm come to her?''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:36 am

"No. Ryoko interposed herself and tried to grapple the thing, and Yamadono smacked the hell out of the thing until it ran away. Nanzi and I did some useless flailing, but couldn't even connect."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:40 am

"Well, that certainly sounds exciting."

She turns back to Wu.

"I feel conflicted because the challenge, while proving to myself what I needed to know, made everyone else disown me and want nothing to do with me. "

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:42 am

Wu seemed more relaxed

''It is good to know. A few tents are well worth the life of a child''
Seidou Satone wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:40 am
"Well, that certainly sounds exciting."

She turns back to Wu.

"I feel conflicted because the challenge, while proving to myself what I needed to know, made everyone else disown me and want nothing to do with me. "
''Why would they disown you over a challenge? It is certainly not one I would call for myself but no harm was done.''

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:48 am

"It seems to my interpretation that people think it was arrogant and fool-hearty, and not worth wasting time on. "

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:17 am

Wu does not repond for a moment as he tries to salvage the ropes

''I do not believe that to test someone who would seek to rule is in anyway arrogant. But I wonder...why this type of challenge? I would like to know your reasons in your own words, if it does not bother you to do so.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:24 am

Yes, why DID you ask Shinjo of all people to pound you like a tent peg?

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:32 am

Satone gives a nod to Sora.

“Sora has told me that Nanzi of the Crane seeks to inplinebt a means of determining the truth, or a means of settling disputes, be having people swing swords at one another, the first to strike their opponent being deemed the winner.”

Satone frowns

“I personally find that flawed, but it did make me think of my own method. Surely a god would be comfortable with any weapon.

“And surely a god could strike me unconscious in a single blow, which no one has ever been able to do. So, my test was to have they prove they are gods, and are worthy of being followed.”

“For me, so far the answer points both to no.”

Return to “The Camp”