Na na na na na na na na na na.... (D13, EA, Closed)

Jin

Re: Na na na na na na na na na na.... (D13, EA, Closed)

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:15 am

She will be a hero indeed.

"Thank you. That aura, the mantle of destiny she wears even now, can you show me it as it appears in your sight so I might seek it in others."

(2 asked, spell complete once answered)
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:23 am

Matsu's image becomes a dark silhouette with a shining light coming from where her heart would be.

Then the water settles and the image fades.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:29 am

"I thank you spirit for your time and your wisdom. You have done us a great boon."

Jin quickly moves his arm away, wrapping the wound, so the remaining blood does not befoul tent or water. No need to waste what was in the pot after all.

Once it is secure he looks up to the others, "I thank you for this. It was perhaps even more effective than I had hoped." He focuses on the youngest warrior, "Matsu, it is true that you bear a mark of destiny within you. One that can be seen by those who know what to seek. But you are not alone in this. You will be a hero, as the others have said that is no surprise, but you will not stand and fight alone. There will be others by your side in your darkest hour." He does his best to offer a reassuring smile, "And remember that destiny is the end of a journey not the path that takes you there. None of this changes who you are or who you shall become. The path that takes you to that destiny will always be the one that you choose to walk."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:39 am

"Yes. Always remember that destiny is what you make of it," she said after watching the display. She did not see what Jin could see in all likelihood and could not speak the tongue of the elements of the kami. Those were his to carry and his burden to bear, particularly as destiny was as fickle a thing as men's hearts at times. "Whatever destiny you choose to make, little thunder, make it yours and claim it in your way, with your hands."
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:52 pm

The pair watched with rapt attention. For his part, Yamadono was awestruck by the vision of his daughter. Sword, similar to what Ninube had shown them earlier in the expedition.

The armor. The visage of her face.

He knew without a shadow of a doubt that she would grow to that. To be a beacon of the tenets of bushido.

He sat in silence as he looked to Matsu.

She had taken a seat across from Jim for the duration. Seeing the vision, what was apparent was that she didn't gloat about what she saw, or seem scared, or angry. There was a grim determination.

"Destiny can arrive when it chooses. I will meet it at the appointed time. But I won't be afraid, or look for it. I have my duty to the Clan, to the Empire. I swear. I will not wait for Destiny. I will seize life with my hands, and live as fully and bravely as I can, because I am samurai." She wasn't nervous as she spoke, then she looked to Phi, smiling widely, the little girl coming through the seriousness of it all.

"I am in command of my life, Phi-sensei."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:58 pm

She chuckled a little. "Nobody's ever called me sensei." She wasn't entirely sure how she felt about it, but she was willing to do that for the girl either way. She didn't think of herself as a teacher, though as she'd gotten younger, she had taken the rod to many a young Hikaru brat still fresh out of their loincloths to keep the in line. You had to learn young.

"But I do have faith. It's strange to say that, because I only came here with determination, but the lot of you... has given me a lot of reason to be down here. I want to see you when you become that woman." She wanted a lot of things. That was definitely on the list.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Return to “The Camp”