[LA 13] - Collecting One's Thoughts (Expecting)

Nozomi

Re: [LA 13] - Collecting One's Thoughts (Expecting)

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:00 am

"I am absolutely taking you up on that, Umeno. I'll find a way to fit into this world eventually, but I'm going to be stubborn about it, especially when I think part of it's dumb." Which was to say... pretty much all the time. It was probably good that she was heading out with Shinsei when this finished. She'd have an easier time fitting in around pragmatic wanderers with delusions of enlightenment than she was ever going to be in the courts that Bayushi's workers would eventually lurk in the shadows of one day.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:32 am

"We're not all meant to fit in," she remarked as she stood and stretched, grunting as she settled. Her tent was only so tall, so she couldn't stretch near as much as she wished. "Doesn't mean you won't find your place, but you've still got a bit of Hikaru in you Phi, and that's nothing to be ashamed of."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:48 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:32 am
"We're not all meant to fit in," she remarked as she stood and stretched, grunting as she settled. Her tent was only so tall, so she couldn't stretch near as much as she wished. "Doesn't mean you won't find your place, but you've still got a bit of Hikaru in you Phi, and that's nothing to be ashamed of."
"Hmmmph, we never were exactly good at not standing out like sore thumbs when the gatherings would be called, were we?" A shake of her head. "I imagine Shinjo's been doing a good job civilizing the rest of them, just like I hear that Akodo character's been doing with the Noriaki. Hah, that's going to be a battle and a half for him, getting them to calm down."
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:01 am

Umeno shrugged. "Have a good bit of Kuwagaya to help, so that's something. Just like Shinjo has other tribes."

She paused, parting a tent flap and looking outside, giving a grunt. "Fortunes... looks like it's stopped again. It's a wonder that rain didn't do anything to that tent at least. Wouldn't want to go the rest of this trip with a tent full of holes." A beat. "Maybe you should go check on your tent and make sure it's all right? And maybe someone else's tent too?"

That brought a bit of a catty smirk.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:48 am

She snorted and laughed a little. "Sora wrecked it fighting that thing. I'm probably going to be sneaking into someone else's tent tonight, but don't go spreading it around," she said, leaning in to wink at Umeno. "If you ever figure out how to get what's making you heat up to happen, don't hesitate, alright? No regrets, Umeno. Oh, and try not to die down in that pit. I'll catch you later."

And, with that, now that they had a little breathing room, she slipped out, into the rest of the camp. Hopefully at least the rain was damned well done for now...

/exit

Return to “The Camp”