[Day 13 - EE] Touring the Damage

Nanzi

[Day 13 - EE] Touring the Damage

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:04 am

Nanzi decided that a tour of the camp was in order with hantei, and the two could discuss a few things and well be seen and look soldierly and in command. Plus he had to see the outcome of that awful smelling rain and the damage it might have done to the camp.

He sighed heavily and said to his companion, “We are nearing the end game of this endeavor, Hantei-sama.” He paused by a tent and knelt to make some minor repairs and check to make sure there were no injuries for those inside..
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Hantei

Re: [Day 13 - EE] Touring the Damage

Post by Hantei » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:41 am

Hantei strode next to Nanzi his normally formal mask of indifference had cracks of worry appearing at the edges that even Nanzi could notice. Though he still held his head high as he strode through the camp surveying everything and exuding an aura of command "Yes we grow ever closer to our goal, and deeper into this tainted land. I can only imagine what awaits us at our destination."
Kami | Paragon of Honor | Leadership | Virtuous | Irreproachable

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:53 am

“Family,” he said confidently.

“But for now we need to make sure we make it there intact, the camp will be better knowing that Shinsei has returned. Many seem to enjoy his words and he has proven useful, if bothersome. I feel for the Spider child, Matsu, to learn you might be a pivotal person in a battle between good and evil is… well that is quite a Destiny,” he said honestly.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:55 pm

Hantei nodded "There are some with great destinies that while not full proof are a force to be reckoned with. It is a great honor but also a very heavy responsibility."

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:31 pm

Hantei wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:55 pm
Hantei nodded "There are some with great destinies that while not full proof are a force to be reckoned with. It is a great honor but also a very heavy responsibility."
“Nanzi will not question these destinies but a strong defense and prepared Empire seems the better option. Relying on a destined few to one, carrying the day when we could be building towards that as a society and preparing ourselves accordingly seems the more prudent course. We need to be the storm to better accompany these Thunders,” he said to his friend.

“There is so much that Nanzi has learned over the last few weeks that cannot be unlearned that must not be unlearned.”

He added in the divine tongue, “Nanzi has spoken with the Scorpion samurai, Bayushi Umeno, she will relay his request to your brother when this has finished, Nanzi has not had much luck with the Lion but will simply speak to Akodo-ue directly at a later date.”

“Doji Kaze has shown interest in Seppun Dawei, an early union between our two clans bodes well for our future endeavors. The groundwork is being laid for future stability.”

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:38 am

Hantei nodded "Yes but fate and destiny usually find ways around whatever it is one has planned. We should obviously do our best to be prepared for anything that comes our way but destiny chooses people for a reason. It is not for even gods to question fate."

Hantei nodded to his second statement "It is good indeed, together our clans can hold much power and as a result use our power to protect the Empire, from itself if need be. My brothers both know what we seek is necessary and good for the future of the Empire, sacrifices need to be made for greatness, growing pains are to be expected. We cannot let the out cry of a few stop progress because change scares them."

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:56 am

Nanzi had his own thoughts on destiny and fate, but he felt no need to press on the subject on something that was so ephemeral. He agreed on the latter matter and smiled at the acknowledgement of the intent of the alliance.

“Yes my thoughts exactly, we can form a counter to any elements that will be detrimental to the long term health of the Empire. It pleases Nanzi that we have found this accord and alleviates much of his anxiety in the future not completely but it is helpful.”

He then added, “Nanzi is curious, you have been… relatively, mortal for more than five years now… what are your thoughts friend on this? Obviously things have not turned out as you would have liked.”

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:09 am

Hantei thought for a moment "Well things are what they are. As you said they have not gone the way I would have liked but I am making the best of it, I will do my best to make this a successful mission and then devote my life to helping humanity fulfill their potential."

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:19 am

Nanzi chuckled and said, "Nanzi would expect no less, but what is being human like for the great Hantei. Have better understanding of the people you wish to aid... perplexed? Nanzi looks around and still people surprise him every day."

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:51 pm

"It is.....interesting, I feel things differently now, more fully. I have a better grasp of emotions than I did before but they are also harder to control. They can be very distracting, its no wonder you humans have such a hard time getting things done." he mused "It certainly makes things like honor more difficult to deal with, I had never even felt its yoke before I touched this mortal plane and now it is heavy indeed."

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:18 pm

“Nanzi agrees that many of this generation will not take to it easily, they do not see the value in changing their way of living and being. Nanzi struggles with it, but he understands that it is important to who he wishes to be. That is the mortal thing, we all wish to be something that is valued by those we know and care about,” he responded.

“So what has Hantei enjoyed the most about his experience in the mortal world, and if you say something about Honor or Duty Nanzi will have to give him a stern talking to, get out more.”

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:39 am

Hantei thought for a moment "Well that is a tough question Kinsen-chan has been very adamant about sharing human experiences with me as I tasked her to do. Some would not be proper to talk about so openly." He said with a small chuckle "but no I believe I have enjoyed learning about humans and experiencing them, a sunset over a lightly cloudy day is more beautiful through human eyes, a gift given out of love is more touching, plus drinking is a uniquely fun experience as well." He finished with a smirk.

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:03 am

"Now you tell me you could have joined Bayushi, Hida, and myself for our little adventure before Hida's wedding," Nanzi joked.

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:46 am

Hantei chuckled "I have heard stories but I do not indulge myself the same way my brothers do Hida and Bayushi disagree on a great many things but their enjoyment of vice is not one of them."

Hantei paused before giving Nanzi a bit of side eye "Perhaps we could have had adventures of our own had you been to my wedding." He said with a slight up turn of his lips.

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:13 am

Nanzi chuckled, he knew this would come to light one day but he nodded and then gave a serious look. He replied, “There were complicating factors my friend, one it was the only time Nanzi had to go and seek his tribe and convince them to rejoin the Protected Lands and the Empire. Also, des[pite my vow to you there is still human complications of entanglement between us three.”

Nanzi gave him a look as he tapped Doji’s fan in his belt, “Perhaps it was petty of me or shortsighted but Nanzi was unsure of how things would be and it felt the best choice to avoid such but in hindsight it was a sign of cowardice and not Courage. You love Kinsen and should cherish her as a spouse just as Nanzi loves Doji and cherishes her; yet if there is one thing love rarely dies and it persists even after we say we have discarded it.”

He cracked a grin and added, “We return from this intact and we will have quite the carousing adventure, as Nanzi owes you for his rudeness. And if one or the other does not we drink for them in their memory. This is a bond between true friends.”

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:39 am

Hantei nods "Love does not die you are right in this but one thing you learn is that love is not the most important thing in the world. Honor gives me the strength to move on, duty shows me the way forward and what I must do. I cannot say that your wedding was easy for me but I was there as my duty to my sister and to you Nanzi-san as your new brother."

He smiled at the dark skinned man "Indeed we will, a drink of celebration at our safe return or one of remembrance for a fallen friend and family member." he said finishing with a smile.

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:51 pm

"Nanzi is humbled to have so filial a sibling," he replied respectfully.

"Drinks of celebration, Nanzi is sure Fu Leng will be ready to put all this madness behind him and Nanzi intends to get him good and drunk to start his new mortal life."

Return to “The Camp”