(D13LE, Bedtime preparation)

Jiyo Sora

Re: (D13LE, Bedtime preparation)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:07 am

"Oh, see, I want multiple massive libraries, using the first as a template..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:54 am

"I think it might be interesting to have a central library that connects to several smaller branches. Each of the Clans could have their own series of them," she said. "A larger one can have more facilities to create knowledge, rather than just storing what exists."
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:17 pm

"Oh. I definitely see the appeal and the practicality of a central hub. Just what we should make sure the system can still work if it gets cut off from the network for any reason. Maybe by enforcing that at least one copy of any book stored in one of the central libraries is also available in one of the smaller ones, so we can copy it back should anything happen to the original."
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:20 pm

"Making sure we have enough copies is going to be almost as big a task as the architectural work... Maybe bigger."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:48 pm

"When has it ever been easy?

It won't be done in a day sure. But it will be built to last.

I think our Crab friends who carved a city out of a mountain are on the right track there. Make things that can sustain the test of time even if that requires far much work in the now."
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:04 pm

"I think I'd like style notes from all of the Clans, but... ultimately, it's up to what the Emperor requests."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:16 pm

"Indeed.

Though you're easily in the top ten of humans who have the most influence upon him, in the end all his decisions are his and his alone."

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:46 pm

Kinyoubi nodded in agreement. "Though I'm sure he would like to have those style notes to consider. He seems like he appreciates multiple perspectives on any issue."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:49 pm

"Well. There's a reason I follow him."

Sora grinned.

"Besides the fact that he put up with my antics."

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:40 am

When next Sora looks in Kinyôbi's direction, she is no longer there. Ayumu is gone as well, as is the tent surrounding them. Instead there are walls. Distant walls of white and brown, towering over him.

Except... the white is not paint, but paper. Sheaf after sheaf of paper, scrolls stacked 10, 20, 50 feet high or higher, all straining to be contained by the meager wooden shelves that house them. The room itself is larger even than the camp, and from where he sits he sees halls branching off from the central room, filled with more of the same.

The smell of parchment and ink is thick in Sora's nose as reality wavers back into place.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:43 am

Sora blinked.

Beautiful. Beautiful. All of it, saved for... everyone. For the future.

"I think I might have to be rather insistent on this point, though."

Canary

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:31 am

Kinyoubi smiled warmly at that. "I'm looking forward to helping."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:09 am

He started laughing.

"Thank the Fortunes, because my enthusiasm in no way translates into expertise!"

Canary

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:36 am

"Considering how some of them would feel about this idea, you'll probably not lack for their help," she noted with a chuckle.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:54 pm

"Hey, Shinsei was grumbling earlier about Fukurokujin being quite involved with mortal affairs. Maybe they'll be kind enough to drop by and copy a few books in person. Would make for the kind of stories Saruko likes to tell."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:58 pm

"If Fukurokujin does put in an appearance, I just hope he's was happy with the result. The last thing I need is another divinity I'm on less than stellar terms with."

Return to “The Camp”