[LM 13] Seeking Destiny (Open)

Bakuriel

Re: [LM 13] Seeking Destiny (Open)

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:24 am

[Round 1 complete]
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:27 am

Nanzi stayed focused as he searched but did not find the creature, unlike Sora he did not rip apart tents.

OOC: Nanzi tried to search and failed to find - Investigation + Wary: 4d10o10k3 19, Defensive Stance, ATN 31 (5 from Armor), Reduction 3, No Wounds taken, Blade has Jade on it.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:55 am

Sora didn't even flinch as the injury, , although as the thing ran away, he did scowl as he shiftred his stance and moved closer to Matsu.

[OOC: About to go to work and the book's not handy-
Take an action for Investigation, which fails, switch to Defense Stance, use any actions left to move closer to Matsu. Turtling up seems a sound option, given this thing's speed and stealth] 18 wounds taken, still Healthy, ATN 29]
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:06 am

Matsu ATN: 32 w/ guard

A blur of motion zips free of the tents like an arrow, straight towards Ryoko and her young charge. Another flash of green blurs through the air, passing cleanly through the ogress with minimal effort.

Free move, Simple move to get in range
Attack Ryoko TN 31: 9d10o10k4 50
Damage: 8d10o10k2 18 before reduction
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:28 am

Seeing the creature move to assault Ryoko, who was defending Matsu, made Yamadono see red. Disregarding his own personal safety, he charged the thing with a blood curdling yell. His tetsubo connected as he charged in, the great club just laying into the monster.

LM13 - The Ow of Shinsei - GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH! (Agi 3, HW 5, Tetsubo Emphasis, Full attack +2k1, 2 raises for extra damage, TN40): 10d10ro1o10k4 50

Damage to the Creature (Str 3, DR 3k3, Large +1k0, +2k0 raises, +4 Forest Killer): 9d10o10k3+4 50 SMAAAAAAAAASH! ignore 2 points of reduction

Full Attack
ATN 15
Reduction 3

Free - 15 move to Creature
Complex - Beat to absolute hell
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:30 am

["Shinsei" suffers 22 damage]

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:39 am

The pain of the attack as it passed through her body was noted, and suppressed for later. After days of pounding headaches, full body aches, and a burning sensation under her skin, one more discomfort was, for now, filed away as 'not fatal,' to be cried about later.

As the giant club smashed into the... thing... Ryoko dropped her Tonfa, hoping beyond hope Matsu would keep defending herself as instructed, and threw herself at the monster, hands grasping for purchase.

Smashing into the middle of the shade, she clung tight, holding it in place for the others to strike... hoping that they didn't accidentally cleave her half as well.

Her battle cry was more of whimper, but it was the thought that counted.

----

https://orokos.com/roll/813048
Hit, initiate grapple with fake shinsei
(27 for maintain control)

Initiative: 18
Full Attack Stance
Tonfa+Jo staff (dropped)
ATN: 5
Reduction: 3
Void: 1/3
Wounds: 15/51, +0 penalty
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:47 am

[Round 2 complete]

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:55 am

Nanzi would have cursed but he was Crane, so instead he looked gracefully perturbed briefly, and started running towards the creature. He slid under an opening through Saruko’s tent came into a roll ducking through random camp debris before appearing near the creature in the stance that would in a thousand years be iconic of the Nanzi Bushi school.

Both hands gripped on the hilt the blade pointed at the enemy as he probed for an opening. Doji’s Favor hungry for battle.

OOC: Defense stance, ATN 31, two simple moves to cover the distance to put him in melee with the monster.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:04 am

[Ghosting]

Sora rushes up towards the creature, ready to strike it down.

Attack Stance
ATN 25
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:18 am

"Shinsei's" eyes flared brightly as the ogress grabbed onto him. "Which half of you thought you were strong enough to best me?"

With a sinuous twist of it's body, Ryoko is flung to the ground, hard.

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:33 am

[Ghosting]

Yamadono says something inspiring about Matsu and smacks the false Shinsei hard.

Attack "Shinsei" TN 30: 10d10ro1o10k4 33

Damage: 9d10o10k3+4 38
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:34 am

[18 damage suffered, 40 damage taken in total]

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:48 am

Ryoko rolled over, pushing herself to her feet, again putting herself between Matsu and the monster, arm's outstretched. She didn't answer, though her ruby eyes blazed with anger and pain.

She wasn't running away - she wasn't a monster, or a coward! She wasn't anyone's lesser!

(Stand up, guard action on Matsu)

-----

Initiative: 18
Defense Stance
Tonfa+Jo staff (dropped)
ATN: 20+4(defense stance)+5(light Armor)-5(guard action)=24
Reduction: 3
Void: 1/3
Wounds: 15/51, +0 penalty
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:49 am

[Round 3 complete]

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:52 am

Nanzi tried to strike at the creature but the nimble creature evaded his attack.

OOC: Full Attack stance, Jade Edge, ATN 15, Attack + Full Attack TN 30: 10d10o10k4 27

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:58 am

[Ghosting]

Nanzi doesn't need to feel too bad, as Sora doesn't hit him either. Fortune of Dung.

Attack "Shinsei" TN 30: 7d10o10k4 29

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 am

Desperation and fury twist the creature until it's little more than a glowing half-formed representation of the man it was trying to immitate. It swipes furiously at the ogress, scoring two powerful hits.

Attack Ryoko, TN 34, full attack stance: 2#10d10o10k5+2 46 54

Damage: 2#5d10o10k2 24 15

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:19 am

The thing dared to strike at Matsu. It had the absolute gall to lash out at Ryoko.

"Fight me you son of a bitch!" Yamadono roared as his great club impacted into the shadowy beast again.

LM13 - The Ow of Shinsei - GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH! 3rd strike (Agi 3, HW 5, Tetsubo Emphasis, Full attack +2k1, 2 raises for extra damage, TN40): 10d10ro1o10k4 39 it is in FA so TN30 rather.

Damage to the Creature (Str 3, DR 3k3, Large +1k0, +2k0 raises, +4 Forest Killer): 9d10o10k3+4 27 12 damage after reduction?

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:25 am

The false Shinsei bellowed in rage and lashed out at Ryoko again, but as its hand passed through her, the eery glow faded. It appeared that she felt nothing.

The spirit paused, then swiped again, this time at Yamadono, to the same effect. It focused, screamed, thrashed, but it could no longer hold its physical form in this world. Bright green "eyes" fixed themselves on Matsu with a feral growl.

"Your days are numbered, Thunder."

Then, just as swiftly as it arrived, it fled to the south heedless of any obstacles in its way.

[Combat is over, +10 Purity for victory]

Return to “The Camp”