[LM 13] Seeking Destiny (Open)

Noriaki no Yamadono

Re: [LM 13] Seeking Destiny (Open)

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:34 am

When the thing transformed, the inner rage and brutality that had long been hidden within the older man emerged. His shoulders rolled back, arms outstretched, his cloak dramatically being flung off. He stood in his armor, just before his daughter.

"I will send you to hell, and kill you again, before you even lay a single touch on my daughter, you beast!" He roared, his long hair flowing beneath his fur cap.

"Matsu! Behind me!"
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:35 am

Where'd you get to, you son of a bitch...

Sora unlimbered his dagger-axe and tried to piece out where the thing had gone...

Who put that fucking tent there?

[16. Ouch.

Tent-rip reroll: 20 Fortune of Dung, hear my cry.]
Last edited by Jiyo Sora on Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:36 am

Matsu, somewhat stunned by the transformation, moves behind her father without question.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:37 am

[Note: players can choose to make more than one roll per post during their hunt, but must accept the total distance moved from failures even if they exceed the success limit.]
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:39 am

Nanzi started hunting for the creature, meanwhile applying jade to his blade just in case.

OOC: Hunting: 5d10o10k2 47
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:42 am

[TN to beat because I'm silly and forgot to post it: Stealth roll: 9d10o10k4 25 ]

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:05 am

Ryoko, lost and frankly a bit confused, ran about the camp, trying to spot the thing.

Where had it gone? What was it?

Was it after Tago? Or maybe the Hantei... or maybe Reiko?

Rushing one way, and then the other, she wasn't much help.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:06 am

Nanzi keeps looking trying to find the wretched creature!

OOC: Hunting again!: 5d10o10k2 27 up to 2 successes.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:09 am

Aha!

No.

Shit. Just another goddamn tent flap.

Wait. THERE!

No. SHIT.

Say one thing for Sora, he knew how to tear a tent down in a hurry.

[On four rolls, two successes, two failures.

Tent re-rolls on the two failures: 2 successes

We got it, and Sora has only put himself out of position.]
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:15 am

As the tent comes down, the creature belts out in anger, barely 5 feet from Sora.

Yay....

Current positions:

Yamadono; within 5 feet in front of Matsu
Nanzi; 15 feet to the left of Matsu
Ryoko; 15 feet to the right of Matsu
Sora; 35 feet in front of Matsu, 5 feet from "Shinsei"

Everyone roll initiative and prepare for combat!

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:27 am

LM13 - The Ow of Shinsei - Initiative (IR2, Reflezes 3): 5d10o10k3 28
Attack Stance
ATN 25 (20 + Light Armor 5)
Reduction 3
Wielding Tetsubo
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:28 am

Nanzi pointed his blade at the creature and prepared to move to intercept.

OOC: Defensive stance, Jade on the Blade Edge, ATN 31, Reduction 3, Inits: 5d10o10k3+6 37

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:34 am

Ryoko, finally realizing what was happening, with tonfa in her left hand, and spiky bat made stick in the other, turned back toward Matsu, determined now to ensure the girl wasn't harmed.

----

Initiative: 18
Defense Stance
Tonfa+Jo staff
ATN: 27+Light Armor(5)+Defense Stance(4) = 36
Reduction: 3
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:35 am

"GREETINGS FROM THE EMPIRE, MOTHERFUCKER!"

[Initiative 31, 36 on first round thanks to polearm (good ol' Dagger-Axe)
Attack stance
ATN 25 (5 from armor), Reduction 3]

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:43 am

"Shinsei"
Initiative: 6d10o10k4 29

Initiative 29
Attack Stance
ATN: 30
Reduction: ???

Initiative order

Nanzi. 37
Sora 31(36)
"Shinsei" 29
Yamadono. 28
Ryoko 18

Matsu acts on the initiative turn of whoever orders her. Please post ghosting plans in your private forums in case they become necessary.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:51 am

Nanzi was quick to react moving quickly across the camp leaping over the remnants of tents and towards the thing that called itself Shinsei. He shouted over his shoulder, “It wants Matsu, protect her!”

OOC: Defensive Stance, simple move to move 20 feet, and then another to move 10 feet putting him at five to ten feet from Shinsei but opposite of Sora hopefully.

ATN 31 (5 from Armor), Reduction 3, No Wounds taken, Blade has Jade on it.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:58 am

Sora nodded, his vision's meaning pretty clear under the circumstances.

He swung his dagger-axe at the thing, but missed, the thing's weird outlines throwing off his aim.

[Attack stance
ATN 25 (5 from armor), Reduction 3]

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:06 am

The false Shinsei snarled angrily at Sora. "Your eye has seen its last!"

One hand began to glow in a sickly green light, then whipped around and passed through Sora's hip as if it hadn't even been there at all. But the pain it caused was very real.

Attack Sora: 9d10o10k4 25

Damage: 5d10o10k2 21 before reduction

"Shinsei" turned and fled, diving behind another tent for cover as it tried to skirt around Matsu's defenders.

Free move
Simple enter stealth
Stealth (Ambush): 9d10o10k4 40

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:15 am

"Ryoko! Keep Matsu safe!" Yamadono called out, as he remained near his daughter, switching to a guarded stance, trying to spot where the creature went.

LM13 - The Ow of Shinsei - Where Are You, You Bastard!? (Perception 3, Investigation 3, Notice Emphasis, TN40): 6d10ro1o10k3 30

Attack Stance
Guard (Matsu)
ATN 20 (20+5-5 for Guard)
Reduction 3

Free - call to Ryoko
Complex - Skill check that failed

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:22 am

Ryoko gestured toward the pair, no argument from her, calling out in a carrying voice, "Come quick, and put up your guard, Matsu, this thing is hunting you!" ([ur=https://orokos.com/roll/813028l]Command as simple action[/url])

As Matsu moved to her, she raised her tonfa, ready to cover for the girl (guard as simple action)

The pair were edging away from where the beast was last seen, keeping the most protection in place that they could. (Free move away from where monster vanished, 10')

----

(OOC, Matsu swap to defense stance, move to Ryoko)

Initiative: 18
Defense Stance
Tonfa+Jo staff
ATN: 27+Light Armor(5)+Defense Stance(4) = 36-5 (-guard penalty)
Reduction: 3
Void: 2/3

Return to “The Camp”