Looting *cough* Archeology (Day 11 EE)

Ninube

Looting *cough* Archeology (Day 11 EE)

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:44 pm

Ninube looked around for any neat stuff.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Wu

Re: Looting *cough* Archeology (Day 11 EE)

Post by Wu » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:01 am

History repeats itself, we are told.

The day had been long for the daimyo of the Wu as politics were usually the affairs of Shirayuki. To change his mind he opted to take a look at the ruins.

They reminded him somewhat of nezumi architecture.
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:31 am

Ninube notices the Dragon. "Hey, Wu-sama. What'cha up to?" She bows and then approaches slowly, offering up a piece of jade to conduct the test.

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:24 pm

Ninube wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:31 am
Ninube notices the Dragon. "Hey, Wu-sama. What'cha up to?" She bows and then approaches slowly, offering up a piece of jade to conduct the test.
As Ninube turns towards the newcomer, something glints from within the dirt nearby, catching her attention.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:39 pm

She notices it and moves over, tapping it with her jade first and assuming nothing happens, starts digging. "I think I found something."

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:00 pm

What she ultimately finds is a broken shard of metal, possibly from some blade broken long ago, but the appearance is strange... It looks as if the metal has been folded over itself multiple times in a row.

[Ninube has found a scrap of folded metal, which could greatly impact forging techniques with enough time and study (post game effect)]
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:08 pm

"This is interesting." She holds it up for Wu to see. "I think it's some sort of special blade."

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:03 pm

''Ah, Ninube-san.'' He bowed before touching the jade ''I am taking some time to observe the architecture of these ruins.

Then cam ethe piece of metal

''That is very interesting...could I hold it?''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:57 am

Ninube looks at it for a moment. A find this important with no one else knowing about it... Ninube had a thief's eye, she knew something when something was important even if she didn't know why. But Wu isn't like Ninube. He is, what' called, honorable? Besides she did find it while she was approaching him.

"Sure." She hands it to Wu. "It looks like a piece of a weapon or something. I'll probably give it to Reiko. If anything, it will make an interesting addition to library."

If she wanted to be trusted, she had to learn to trust in return.

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:19 am

Wu did not take the metal piece with his bare hand, using the cloth of his sleeve instead.

He brought the metal piece closer to his eyes, inspecting the composition and the strange folds. Being a weaponsmith himself he pretty much could guess this was a blade

''This is *very* peculiar''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:39 am

"Yeah. I was hoping to find something special out here. I wonder who can made it. That looks fancier than a normal blade. They had to have skill."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:59 am

''Well...right now it is just a lump of unusable rust. There is not value in the material itself but I can still see some of the forging techniques used.''

He pointed carefully

''I would be interested in studying the way it was made.''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:20 am

Ninube nods. "If we could learn how to make that though...." She shrugs. "I mean, I wouldn't mind if you shared the information with the Spider, but I probably should give this to Reiko for her to make a decision. I will mention your offer of looking into it to her."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:55 am

''Of course'' he said giving the piece back ''Be careful, it could possibly crumble at any moment''

Once the piece was secure he considered the options

''Do what you think is fair.''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:25 am

Ninube nods. Despite her personality, she is remarkably good at taking care of things. She never had the ability readily replace things, so equipment was treated well. "Do not worry I will take care of it."

She nods to his comment about doing what is fair. "I plan to create a group I'm calling the Seekers of Knowledge. To go out and find all the knowledge we can for the Spider. I think this is a very nice first find. What is done with that knowledge, well, that is up for Reiko-sama and Fu Leng-kami to decide."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:07 am

Wu stared silently at Ninube for a moment before he was to speak again

''You loyalty is admirable but keep in mind that many trees will grow from the seeds we sow. Do not let yourself become a tool for you will rob yourself of a unique legacy.''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:19 am

Ninube considers what he says. "I understand. That is what the Seekers will be. My seed. Reiko has trusted me, well, far more than she should have. I will trust her in return."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:22 am

Wu nods

''Let it be so...but one other thing.'' looking around the ruins he reached for his charcoal pen and some parchement ''What you will do with the piece of metal is more important for your clan than the piece of metal itself, be mindful in you decision."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:29 am

Ninube thinks of this for a long bit. She then bows to the Dragon. "I understand. I trust Reiko. But I will make the Seekers are not simply tools for our lords blindly collecting knowledge for them."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:36 am

The dragon bows back

''We all serve the Empire and it's people"

Return to “The Ruins”