[Day 11 - LE] Voice your Opinion (Closed)

Nanzi

[Day 11 - LE] Voice your Opinion (Closed)

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:52 am

Nanzi found a secluded place in the ruins he had no real care of the historical worth, it was old and it fell and who cares. Whatever civilization this one was, was done and they failed. They were lost and frankly that was not why he was here.

He finally voices his opinion to the Heavens, “Nanzi is here now… whatever you are. Speak your piece, whatever it is you think you are doing… evil darkness…. Or what have you, it must be out of fear. Nanzi has bested you once, Nanzi shall do so again.”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Canary

Re: [Day 11 - LE] Voice your Opinion (Closed)

Post by Canary » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:01 am

... Are you mistaking me for the barely-intelligent monster you fought in the cave? I tried to warn you about that.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:06 am

Canary wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:01 am
... Are you mistaking me for the barely-intelligent monster you fought in the cave? I tried to warn you about that.
“It is customary that one gives a name or title in conversation, this one is Nanzi of the Crane, daimyo of the Nanzi. If Nanzi seems short it is only because voices that have no face in a place that has tried to kill and trick us give him pause,” he said to the air around him.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Canary

Post by Canary » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:12 am

I... can understand your worry. You and your people have faced nothing but hardship and pain throughout these lands. Unfortunately... I have no name to give. It is part of why I am just a... It paused as if pained by the admission... A useless spirit without form. I have some awareness, feelings, I can give warnings. I suppose you could call me Nanashi for now, with that in mind.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:25 am

"Nanashi-san, what would you have me? You seem willing to help, but Nanzi must ask why? He is cautious but if Nanashi-san speaks he will listen," he offered.

Canary

Post by Canary » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:45 am

I'm a spirit... I can feel the rot Jigoku is inflicting on this land. The... the sickness. It's frustrating that I can't do anything about it, Nanashi replied. I could sense your troubled soul because I am also troubled. But... I might be able to help you. Like I said, I can feel things humans can't. Give warnings. Offer what I do know. It's not... much. But it's something.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:50 am

Nanzi listened and said, "Troubled soul. Nanzi has many burdens and troubles. Nanzi can accept such aid. Do you know something to aid the rescue of Fu Leng?

Canary

Post by Canary » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:32 pm

A little bit. Like I said... I can sense things, give some warning. I might be able to help navigate the landscape, but it's confusing even to spirits...

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:49 pm

Nanzi nodded and leaned against some stone walls and said, "Nanzi has reservations about Name magic, he has been told Names have power. Does Nanashi know what happens when a being is stripped of their name? Nanzi has seen the land change, the swamps that should not be. Nanzi will ask, is there something that this spirit wants in return or does it simply wish to help because fighting Jigoku is just?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:58 am

Names... are complicated things. Names carry a lot with them - power, sense of self, memory. Losing it is like losing a limb - for some, it's everything, but others can find ways to bear up under it and move forward. I have no Name, and I'm weaker, but I can still exist.

I don't have concrete sense of human justice, but it is a threat. I don't want to stay idle.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:13 am

Nanzi said, “That is what concerns Nanzi, that this will leave my brother diminished.”

He then said, “Do you know what you were before or have you always had no name? Why was your soul troubled? Why did you sought me out?”

“Nanzi has great name, it will be greater still than it is now. Is that why you have come to Nanzi?”

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:22 am

Your brother?

Like I said, Names carry memory. Whatever I might have been, if I ever had a name... I don't remember being anything other than this.

It's possible I was drawn to that? You seemed strong... like you could help against the darkness.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:27 am

He waved off the brother comment, even if he could not see who he spoke to.

“Nanzi is hero, great leader of the Crane, his wife a Goddess, and his children godlings. He has raced the wind and earned the favor of the Sun. Nanzi is many things, but mostly Nanzi is friend, and if you seek a powerful friend, then you come to Nanzi.”

“Though Nanzi will be seen as mad if he must speak aloud, must he give voice to his words for Nanashi-san to hear him?” he said.

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:36 am

I can really see why I was drawn to you. That's amazing.

I sensed your disquiet... If I stay close, I can probably sense your thoughts. It would make it easier to help, too, anyway.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:40 am

Nanzi tested that by thinking, If that is so then this will make it easier. The Empire, and by that matter the Crane need every advantage we can get.

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:41 am

Oh good, I can hear you... The Empire and the Crane?

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:47 am

Canary wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:41 am
Oh good, I can hear you... The Empire and the Crane?
Nanzi thought on that and replied, The Empire of Shiba, long may he reign. First of his name… a bit dull for my tastes but as samurai he is the first divine son. The Crane are a clan of heroes and artisans started by Nanzi and Doji, my wife holds the title of Champion and Nanzi is the daimyo of his family. Nanzi forgets these things may be new to others…

The Crane are one of many clans, Nanashi-san.

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:16 am

Fascinating... I don't remember anything like that. Not that it says much that I don't, it admitted. I am curious about more of this Empire, but you can tell me as you wish or feel the need.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:21 am

Nanzi thought it over and decided to fill in Nanashi on the Empire and inquired about what it did know about this region and what it had seen and how it can precisely be useful. He made it known that he did not think highly of the Imperial families, but they had his support, the Lion were useful hammers… the Crab were useful big hammers and make a good brew. The Stag were good and Honorable cousins… the Spider were off but very useful, the Bat exist, and the Dragon equally exist but try not to exist, it’ weird.

Oh, and the Scorpion made a show existing in the shadows, also useful allies. Crane were obviously the best of them, by default.

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:51 am

I know you're getting close enough to the lands tainted by Jigoku that it will start to affect people, even if they're not infected. I can't protect from the infection, but I can keep some of the effects of the surroundings at bay, it said. There are more water spirits... and the corrupted elemental spirits... gathering farther south. You may run into bad weather, and that's always extra bad the closer you get.

Return to “The Ruins”