[D 11 LE] Something Wonderful

Reo

Re: [D 11 LE] Something Wonderful

Post by Reo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:58 am

"I like where this is going!" Reo seems strangely enthused at the idea. "But yes, on the way back home. I don't want one hatching in the epicenter of what made this."
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:59 am

"And... what would you feed this giant spider? I doubt it would accept bugs. Or you would be likely to have enough bugs. And they don't eat vegetables or grain that I know of."
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:17 am

"I'm not saying we won't have a learning curve. But I mean, worth a try. People have dogs, right?"
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:21 am

Kyosei nods at this. "I even have a pet badger. Getting on in years, but my oldest and he play together. Not sure how a spider that size would be as good a pet."

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:24 am

"One way to find out. Even then, possibly good defenses. Don't want people moving through a part of a forest but don't want to have enough guards. Some of these will make it difficult to travel through and you could get by with less guards."

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Reo

Post by Reo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:27 am

"I admit there will likely be some problems, but we start small. And these have been hunting birds and rabbits well enough. It would take some breeding." Pause "Alright a tremendous amount of breeding but it seems possible."
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:44 am

"Maybe Fu Leng will have insight. He is a Spider himself after all."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:22 am

Not having gotten any results, or not enough, from the candle flame, he set it carefully aside, then pulled out a small knife. Unlike most others, it was neither the sheen of steel, nor gold of bronze. Instead, it was black in color, and seemed to reflect the lowering light of Lady Sun into a rainbow on the ground.

With a small grunt, he slices his left arm, in an area where many small scars are...

A bloom of heat starts further in, as he summons a ball of flame to a knot of the webbing, hoping to cause more damage, and start a stronger fire.

Canary

Post by Canary » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:00 pm

Kyosei of the Isawa wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:22 am
Not having gotten any results, or not enough, from the candle flame, he set it carefully aside, then pulled out a small knife. Unlike most others, it was neither the sheen of steel, nor gold of bronze. Instead, it was black in color, and seemed to reflect the lowering light of Lady Sun into a rainbow on the ground.

With a small grunt, he slices his left arm, in an area where many small scars are...

A bloom of heat starts further in, as he summons a ball of flame to a knot of the webbing, hoping to cause more damage, and start a stronger fire.
The webbing catches, but the only thing to spread is a smolder that refused to die, creating a thick, dark, oily smoke. Like campfires, it almost seems to try and make an effort to get into the faces of each person there.

[TN 20 Earth to resist gaining .1 Shadowlands Taint for inhaling Tainted smoke]
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:06 pm

While the smoke tries to come at Kyosei, the fire spirits themselves seem to counteract it. He still backs away, waving his hand. "That wasn't effective. I could try to summon lightning. Would that be more effective?"

Reo

Post by Reo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:01 pm

Reo coughs and hacks, not enjoying the foul stench currently in the air. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to work any deeper into his body.

Resist Taint, Earth TN 20, Jade for +10: 3d10o10+10 25

"Well, that's not working. That webbing doesn't go up like you said" He looks over at the other two. "I don't suppose either of you have an extremely flammable liquid, like oil or resin?"

Reo reaches into his pack and pulls out some of the wavy resin he uses to maintain his bow from his bowyer kit. He pulls out a small container and shakes it in front of the pair.

"Is is what comes from grinding up one of those pieces of jade, which is about as expensive as it sounds. You owe me." The words may have meant to be playful, but from Reo it comes off more like a demand.

Reo works the jade dust into the wax, and reaches back into his back for a handful of straw from a now ruined hat. "We could use more kindling if you have it."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:14 pm

"Jade you think would be better? Save your ground one then, I have another answer." He pressed his extremely sharp knife against this arm again, and called on the Earth spirits. They seemed equally eager to answer, and flashed out in three bright beams. One targeting the remaining smoke, while the other two hit particularly thick portions of the webbing.

_________

Kyosei has taken 7 damage.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:03 am

Nine coughs and backs up. Fortunately, it is just the smoke.

She pulls up her mask while waiting to see what happens with the magic jade.

Return to “The Web Field”