Stick That Finger Up (D11, EM)

Hantei Kinsen

Stick That Finger Up (D11, EM)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:07 pm

This is exactly of Kinsen needed. Sticky web, ooze and old crackly bones. Carrying the extra piece of jagged jade she got from Kyosei and a bag filled with utensils, the Stag collects much of the items she needs to prepare a brand new nail coating: Shining Jade Green.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Re: Stick That Finger Up (D11, EM)

Post by Taochusu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:20 pm

Taochusu isn't looking to have anyone wander around alone with all that had been going on. So he followed along with Kinsen, when she had headed out. "So what exactly are we looking for out here?"
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:29 pm

"We have some honey stored back at the wagon. The chicken we brought hasn't given many eggs, so, what we need to find is something that will make thing stick together, like this web. Also, we need some crackling old bones to make powder out of it. The fatty ooze I can cook into gelatin, too." Kinsen mentions, moving from here to there. Shouldn't be difficult to find in thins unnatural trap.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:34 pm

"Why not tree sap?" he asks, curious. "I mean, I guess this stuff might work better. Wouldn't know until we tried."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm

Kinsen blinks, and looks to the giant man with a nod. "I... haven't thought of that. Not sure it it would glue up tightly, though. If you find some, let's use it. Trees here look rather different from a couple of days ago."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:41 pm

"Sure," he says with a nod. "I've used tree sap, ash and water as a protecting layer on bowls I made to make them last longer. Works well enough. Make a paste from the ash and water then mix it with fresh sap. Did okay I guess. Probably won't find any pine trees out here though and that sap seems to be both the stickiest and the most liquid like."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:27 pm

"Is that so. Well. Whatever you find that would do the trick I think is valuable to be used." Kinsen mentions to Taochusu, reinforcing the idea she has in mind her to provide a clear picture in his head. "Anything you think would help create a very solid nail polish lacquer."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:33 pm

He nods as he begins looking around with her help. He collects a fair bit of different materials, asking her about each to see if it is sticky or tacky enough and when they find something of the right consistency he collects a big sample of it to use for her lacquer.

D11 EM, Hunting / Perception, VP +1k1, TN 20: 6d10o10k4+1 26
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:30 am

"I think that will do. Yes. Good eye Taochusu-san." Kinsen beams up and comes nearer to get things into the pouch she was carrying.

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:32 am

"No problem," he says with a nod. "Probably should step out of the webs though. Spiders can be poisonous. Gotten sick from a few spider bites in my day."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:34 am

"You're probably right. Spiders are pretty tricky. Difficult to notice them around without much light." Kinsen mentions, looking back at the camp.

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:36 am

Beginning the trek back. "Talked to your husband the other day. He's very glowy."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:46 am

Kinsen giggles, covering her mouth. "Yes, indeed. Doubt we would miss spiders around him. Sleeping is something I learned do to over, of course. Twice. Once after meeting dear husband, then when my little boy was born."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:49 am

"I can imagine so," he says with a nod. "Though a lot of times I've slept during daylight hours so I could be awake at night. Depends on the predators around. Fortunately for you having to get used to sleeping in the light didn't happen cause of danger."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:56 pm

Kinsen takes another looks at Taochusu, considering how lonely he should have been all these days. Then, she pokes him with her elbow to say, “You don’t need to do that anymore now that you have people around you. Unless you want.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 pm

"There's always danger. I get my rest though, and plenty of conversation, without feeling like there's a predator stalking me. So I'm doing okay."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:40 pm

"Are you sure?" Kinsen teases, wiggling eyebrows menacingly.

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:50 pm

"Yeah," he replies with a nod. "Other folks take guard rotations, so I'm not always doing rounds. I'm almost always watching, but not on rounds."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:04 pm

She pouts a bit, thinking about her predatory instincts hidden under her recently acquired civility. Then, with a shrug, she dismisses the thought. "Being on watch is not something I am good at, being honest. I get distracted easily."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:18 pm

"Can get good at anything with enough practice," he say. "Gonna take me a while to get good at talking with people. But if you don't need to it's better to learn more important stuff anyway. You're important to you clan so knowing how to watch for immediate danger would probably be less useful than knowing how to plan for future ones."
Wanderer • Large

Return to “The Web Field”