[LA 11] The Excursion

Shinjo

[LA 11] The Excursion

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:55 am

Shinjo waited once the meeting was over, at the very edge of the area they'd secured, peering west into the forest. Her posture was tense, arms folded. What was he thinking, running off alone like that...?
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Nozomi

Re: [LA 11] The Excursion

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:15 am

Phi as not long behind her. It was quite possible that others might appear and see what was going on, but right now she had far more pressing concerns. When she caught sight of the kami, she drew near, showing her jade once again to make sure that Shinjo could know it was her. She patted the bow on her back and the tonfa at her sides, grunting and looking back.

"You know... one of these days, that girl Matsu is going to lead the Spider," she murmured. "She has more spunk than sense, but I like that about her. Are you ready for this, Shinjo?"
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:25 am

Hearing a voice as he was scouting, Hanzou drew closer. Once he saw who it was, he waved his jade and came closer.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:13 am

She chuckled a little, despite the tension. "I know some people with more spunk than sense. Some of my siblings would claim I'm one of them."

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, concentrating. Her form shifted and ghostly flames blazed to life around her, shifting and twisting to revealed her other form. She didn't open her mouth to speak, simply stepping over and lowering herself so Phi could climb on. Are you ready? This is going to be much faster than you've ever gone.
shinjokirin.jpg
shinjokirin.jpg (223.02 KiB) Viewed 3020 times
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Run by GM Canary

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:15 am

Ninube decided to do some walking after the meeting just in time to see Shinjo transform.

She stopped moving. This was incredible.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:20 am

Hanzou stared in awe. It was a wondrous sight and, for the first time, he felt he could truly appreciate the full nature of the Kami.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:25 am

Shinjo wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:13 am
She chuckled a little, despite the tension. "I know some people with more spunk than sense. Some of my siblings would claim I'm one of them."

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, concentrating. Her form shifted and ghostly flames blazed to life around her, shifting and twisting to revealed her other form. She didn't open her mouth to speak, simply stepping over and lowering herself so Phi could climb on. Are you ready? This is going to be much faster than you've ever gone.
Fuck, you really are a god....

"We can't waste anymore time," she said, looking back at those coming. There was a chance they'd get a crowd if she didn't hurry. Sliding up and in place on Shinjo's back, she marveled at the creature that she'd become. Looking down at Ninube, she flashed her jade finger, gripping it and nodding.

"Test us when we return. We have to take care of this. You'll see us again soon." Fuck, she hoped so, but she was just going to sound sure of it when she said it. That would have to do under the circumstances. She took hold and gripped onto Shinjo, ready to literally ride like the wind.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:28 am

"Good fortune and eeeesss safe travel!" he waved.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:31 am

She rose again, nearly as tall as the branches of the enormous trees, harmless flames curling protectively around Phi. She bowed her head - somewhere between equine and dragon, with great antlers curling backward - and then turned away, bolting off into the afternoon, heading west. Her hooves barely seem to touch the ground, and Phi isn't jostled by her movement as she might have expected to be.

She's just very...

VERY...

FAST.

/exit

Run by GM Canary

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:36 am

"I will test you when you come back." Ninube wasn't leaving room for doubt. Phi would be back.

After they left, she couldn't help herself. She doubled over in laughter. When it subsided, she spoke a simple prayer, "Lady Sun, please look after then and return them to us."

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:41 am

Hanzou was still looking in the direction they had gone, his thoughts darkening.

We now have one less Kami and one less warrior.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:58 am

Sora watched the transformation- and the departure- with a feeling he couldn't place.

Had his childhood been less lonely and, well, brutal, he might have said he felt like a kid again. But as it was, the sense of open wonder was so alien to him he really couldn't process it.

So, for the first time since he was maybe three years old, Jiyo Sora felt tears running down his face.

May the Fortunes be between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Ko

Post by Ko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:05 am

((D11 LA--fluff Investigation (Notice) for magical pony spotting: 3d10 17. I figure that is enough to notice the transformation in time... magic flames were involved, after all. :lol: ))

There's a rustling sound from above, and a compact human figure drops nimbly down out of one of the jungle trees. It's Ko, eyes wide as sand dollars as she finds her balance in the undergrowth and leaf litter and straightens up to standing. "Did you see that?"
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 am

"I did, and I don't know if I will ever see anything so beautiful again for as long as I live."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:33 am

"It was skist remarkable."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:59 am

After her conversations with Jin and Shinsei, and witnessing how the Clans operate, Satone had mind to speak with Shinjo again to attempt to clear the air between them. When she saw the transformation, she blinked in stunned surprise."

"Amazing. Do all the Kami have another form like this?"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:47 am

Ninube almost to herself, but loud enough Satone can hear. "Do they turn into their totem? Does Fu Leng turn into a giant spider? Can he make a web?"

Ko

Post by Ko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:33 am

"Probably. Why don't you ask them?" Ko rubbed her eyes a little, the woods seeming very dark after the burning ki-rin's departure. "Lots of things can change shape, and I saw Isora walking on the tideline once at dusk, all sparkling where she stepped... but I never saw anything so bright. No wonder she's the Sun's child."
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:10 pm

"I have never beheld Emperor Shiba taking the form of a Phoenix, and I am not certain that Hida would see much point in becoming a crab... so I am not sure this is a universal gift on their part."

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:52 pm

"I imagine each has unique fwisch power." Hanzou said. "Even if the others can transform, I doubt they can match her vrrrish speed."

Return to “The Forest”