[D11 LM] Are You There, Shinjo? It's Me, Miuna. (Closed)

Shinjo Miuna

[D11 LM] Are You There, Shinjo? It's Me, Miuna. (Closed)

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:19 pm

What are you doing here? Jin told you to go home. You're obviously not cut out for this...

Miuna paced back and forth beside the forest's edge. She didn't know why her feet had drawn her there or why she'd requested the presence of the goddess. With all her muttering and pacing, she probably seemed unhinged to onlookers. Her soul was unsettled, and she needed guidance. Preferably from someone that was unbiased. Who better than her beloved Kami, Shinjo?
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Shinjo

Re: [D11 LM] Are You There, Shinjo? It's Me, Miuna. (Closed)

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:13 am

Aono heard her coming first, of course, and likely warned Miuna, but despite that, she still deliberately stepped in front of Miuna so she could see her before bowing, "Good morning Miuna-san. How are you?"
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:40 am

Aono bowed to Shinjo as she approached. She touched her jade to her wrist, as was becoming customary. Miuna's heart leapt upon seeing the breathtakingly tall form that was Shinjo. Touching her own jade to her throat, she bowed low and then stared up at her goddess, her long dark tresses brushing the ground lightly. She really needed to find a way to bind her hair better so that it wouldn't get in her way. Miuna looked even more the child, dwarfed by Shinjo as she stood near her. Her face was a mask of hurt and uncertainty. "Terribly," she responded, her gestures upset and exaggerated. "I'm terrible, I feel terrible, and this whole situation is terrible. I-"

Aono interrupted her sister, drawing Shinjo's eyes away by speaking and earning a huff from Miuna. "Thank you for taking the time to see us, Shinjo-ue. Miuna is quite... lively this morning. It seems she is still bothered by a recent meeting with Jin-sama. He offered us safe passage home, if we wished, and Miuna was rather offended by the whole ordeal. How does this morning find you?"

Miuna, arms flailing, delivered a string of expletives to describe the man. Aono did not translate them, hoping after a time Miuna might simply wear herself out.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:59 am

Shinjo watched her signing, Aono's translation, and the flailing that followed. Rather than respond right away, she gestured over to a rock that could accommodate the three of them. "Come, join me, Miuna-san, Aono-san."

Once they were seated, she put a gentle but firm hand on Miuna's shoulder to both comfort and anchor her. "Deep breaths, Miuna-san. Can you tell me what happened in more detail?"
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Run by GM Canary

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:21 am

Miuna found Shinjo's touch warm and reassuring. She did as instructed, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, a second. She sat in that dark silence for another moment, calm returned to her, before opening her eyes to meet the Kami's gaze once more. While she signed, Aono interpreted, her voice soft and quiet.

"This is the third time he has tried to send me home. Am I not strong enough to be here? Everyone sees me as a child still. Jin was the one person I thought I had the respect of. But if I did, then why does he keep trying to make me turn back?" Maybe he didn't think she was cut out to be part of this expedition. Did she believe that?

"I came when the call went out because in my heart, I knew I needed to. That my gifts might save lives gives me purpose. All I want is to be of use to you, Lady Shinjo. To help you bring your beloved brother home." Her eyes welled up, tears shimmering and threatening to spill over.

"I'm ashamed to say that my confidence is shaken. If my own sensei would rather I return home, how can I see myself as anything more than a liability? Sumimasen, I don't mean to bother you with something so trivial. I'm sure you have much more pressing matters to see to."
The tears did fall now, and she quickly used her sleeve to wipe them away.

"S-sumimasen," she choked out, voice rough from under use and thick with emotion.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:35 am

Shinjo reached out and brushed her fingers across her cheek, helping wipe away her tears. "I don't think it's really about you, Miuna-san. I suspect that, like many others, Jin is afraid. When people are afraid, they try to do what they can to minimize what damage they can - to try and protect anything they can. Especially people and things that they value. They feel less helpless by doing that."

"I'm sure he doesn't mean it as disrespect to you, though that doesn't undo the damage he's done. You are very strong to have come here. I'm happy you're at my side. If you feel you need to be here, I am grateful for it, and I think you should trust your instincts. You know the dangers as well as any here and better than most, so I trust your judgement."

Run by GM Canary

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:12 pm

Miuna sniffled and blinked. She'd been so wrapped up in her own feelings of hurt and indignation that she hadn't stopped to consider how Jin was feeling. She saw the man as incredibly intelligent and strong. She simply hadn't thought of the possibility that Jin was simply afraid of losing her or her sister because he cared about them. That jerk! That... big softie! She smiled inspite of herself.

She positively radiated joy at her next words. Her compliments brought a deep blush to Miuna's cheeks. To read upon her lips that Shinjo was happy to have her at her side, Miuna's heart took flight. She forgot etiquette in the moment, which was happening more frequently these days, and wrapped her arms around the Kami's waist, hugging her affectionately. She buried her face in the folds of fabric Shinjo wore, taking in her scent. She smelled as fresh as the meadows back home, right after a rain. She sighed in contentment.

Miuna turned her face up to the goddess, large emerald eyes framed by long, dark locks.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:15 pm

Shinjo was taken by surprise, but she wrapped one hand around her back and petted Miuna's hair gently with the other. "Feeling a little better, I take it?" she asked, smiling down at her.

Run by GM Canary

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Pure bliss. Out came a giggle, muffled somewhat by the fabric, and she nodded. She certainly did feel better. Like something heavy was lifted from her. She smiled softly up at her, slowly shifting herself back into a seated positron.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:44 pm

Shinjo looked her over thoughtfully, then smiled. "I'm curious, Miuna-san, is there a reason you haven't been putting your hair up?"

Run by GM Canary

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:02 pm

Miuna's smile was a tad shy. "I don't actually know how."

Aono translated and added, "This is the first time her hair has been this length, so it's not something we gave much thought to."

Miuna looked up at Shinjo, eyes curious. Absently she fiddled with the ends of a lock of hair.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:14 pm

Shinjo fiddled with her pack and pulled out a comb and a plain black strip of cotton cloth. "May I?"

Run by GM Canary

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 pm

The grin that split Miuna's face was radiant. She nodded with enthusiasm, turning herself slightly so that her back was to the Kami. She folded her hands in her lap, glancing back at Shinjo.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:18 am

Shinjo began to work in sections, first combing the hair from the bottom while holding it above so that the tangles wouldn't pull on her scalp and it wouldn't hurt. Then she moved up the length methodically. She looked to Aono as she did and said, "You can tell her, as well - I used to do this with my sister, though I was less fussy about my hair than she was."

Run by GM Canary

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:59 am

Aono signed to Miuna and they both giggled. "I try to detangle it for her often, though she never sits nearly as still as she does for you now," she quipped, but she was smiling. She planned to watch closely so that she might replicate it when needed.

Miuna felt the gentle tugs as Shinjo worked through her hair. She smiled to herself, enjoying the surprising turn the morning had taken.
Last edited by Shinjo Miuna on Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:18 am

As she continued, working toward the scalp painlessly, she looked to Aono. "Would you ask if she'd prefer a braid or a tail for her hair, please? I'll so something simple for now."

Run by GM Canary

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:28 am

A little signing between Aono and her sister and she said, "Miuna would be ecstatic if you braided it, but she said any way you like."

Miun sat, relaxed and enjoying herself.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:21 am

Shinjo nodded and began to braid her hair thoughtfully. She took her time, careful to make sure it's obvious so it can be repeated later. None of her tugs as she worked were painful. Once she was finished, she coiled the braid and tied it up to itself with the ribbon so that it was out of the way. "There. That should keep it out of the way."

Run by GM Canary

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:42 am

Miuna gingerly touched her hair, turning around and flashing the Kami a beautiful smile. She wouldn't have thought to coil the braid. Now she didn't have to worry about the bread itself getting caught on things. "If ever I doubt myself again, I have simply to touch my hair and remember these moments. Thank you for taking the time to ease my worries. I will do my best to be worthy of your praise. "

Aono relayed her sister's message. She hugged her then, using the moment to look over her head and address the goddess, saying, "Already I see she feels much better. With the days ahead, it wouldn't do for her to be trying to perform her duties with a heavy soul. Thank you for clearing away her doubts. And the hair, I know she really enjoyed that. Our father never really fussed over our hair, so I am lacking in experience there." She chuckled, patting Miuna on the back gently. She bowed her head gently, grateful for Shinjo's compassion. She hadn't been obligated to make time for the women but she had anyway. That was just the goddess' way.

Miuna simply adored Shinjo, and this most recent experience only further cemented that. She took a deep breath, firm again in her resolve to be indispensable during this mission. She lightly touched the coiled braid once more, thinking there was another she needed to speak with soon as well.

/scene?

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:10 pm

"Of course... I'm glad she feels better," she replied with a warm smile, putting her hand on her shoulders and squeezing them gently. "Both of you can always come to me."

/scene

Run by GM Canary

Return to “The Forest”