D11EM, Foraging (Expecting, but Open)

Seppun Dawei

Re: D11EM, Foraging (Expecting, but Open)

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:38 am

Dawei continues to work.

"The Kami coming has made more room for that, I think. There's been more space to explore possibilities.

"But I know that cannot be all you want to ask me, Kaze-kun."
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:55 am

Kaze considered for a moment as he began to gather sticks to make a travois for the deer--the better to carry their catch back to camp.

"I...wonder. Why did you choose woodcraft when your cousins were devoted to cultivation? It seems...bold, to do what others will not."
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:58 am

"It was a friend, one of the sons of The Seppun, who first showed it to me. Hiro and I played together as boys, and our games would often take us into the woods." He takes some of the sticks, holding them so that Kaze can tie them together more easily. "After spending so much time in them, moving through them became more and more natural. And since the forest's bounty helped feed the Tribe, it became partly my part to bring it in."
Seppun Dawei
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:01 am

"Would...If we were to..." Kaze paused as he formed a knot around some sticks. "I am sorry, perhaps it is too soon to ask the thing I wish to."
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:07 am

"We may not have a 'later,' Kaze-kun. That's always been true, but events...ask it."

Dawei holds other branches in place for more knot-work.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:24 am

"If we were to make a family, Dawei-kun. And I..." He glanced over to him "...am very much warming to the prospect. But if we were to, would it be a hardship for you or for the Stag clan if you were to come to join me among the Crane? Would you even wish to?"

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:32 am

Dawei grunts in surprise.

"It is not a thing I had considered, Kaze-kun. I had always understood that The Seppun would make a determination regarding any...union, or the Lord Hantei after the Tournament. But I had not thought I would not be a Seppun."

He adds another branch. And there are my students, as well, he thinks. I don't know that my teachings could pass to another Clan so easily. And most Crane are not amenable to the way I work, I think.

"So I do not know yet."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:46 am

Kaze swallowed the lump rising in his throat. He couldn't imagine leaving the Lady, and he wasn't entirely surprised that Dawei felt the same way about his people. It wasn't an outright rejection. Perhaps other solutions would need to be considered. His mind began skittering down strange paths.

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:47 am

"Hey, you okay?"

Dawei is still standing, holding the travois.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:55 am

"I think so. It is the first impediment, and will require some thought." He moves quickly to drag the carcass to their travois. "I suspected there would be difficulty in that question. I would find it very difficult to answer myself."

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:57 am

Dawei nods and stands steadily with the travois as it is loaded.

"It is one of the ways the Kami have made things...more intricate."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:29 am

"As long as you want me, I will work to find a way for you to have me."

Kaze's certainty creates a weight to his words as he moves to take the travois on his shoulders. "I serve the Lady, but I do not see why I cannot serve the man I love as well. Surely there is room for this in the One Great Tribe Called Empire."

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:33 am

Dawei flushes as bright a red as his complexion will allow.

He kisses Kaze's cheek.

"We'll figure it out after. For now," and he shoulders his own pack after pressing jade to the things he's foraged and seeing no response, "let's get these and us back to camp." He grins. "I'll see if I can't keep some of the cane, though."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:58 am

Kaze's face also reddens after the peck. "Dawei-kun...that sounds like a great idea. I...thank you for letting me come hunt with you."

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:03 am

"Why wouldn't I? You're skilled, quiet, handsome..."

Dawei grins as he trails off and starts heading back to camp.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:14 am

Kaze followed, blushing with the praise, all the way back to camp.

/scene

Return to “The Forest”