[D11, EN, open] Supplies to Watch

Nanzi

Re: [D11, EN, open] Supplies to Watch

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:55 am

Doji Kaze wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:05 am
Kaze had no way to effectively reply to that, so he went for ineffective:

"Whaaa?" His voice executed a perfect ascending glissando on the vowel.
The Crane daimyo said to hm, but loud enough for others to hear, “The Jade we carry it protects us from the evil of this Jigoku, the realm of hell but it also shields the soul with a small piece of Tengoku’s blessing. This evil seeks to corrupt us, not just the mind but the body.”

“It seems that creatures twisted or of that realm carry it’s evil and can spread it to others this is why the fish are fouled and the river is now running black and putrid. Nanzi speaks truth to you, keep your jade close and know that the corruption will get worse as we get closer to the pit.”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:01 am

Kaze looked relieved. "I had jade with me at the time. Then...all is well, yes?"
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:07 am

Doji Kaze wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:01 am
Kaze looked relieved. "I had jade with me at the time. Then...all is well, yes?"
Nanzi had no other way to know and the man looked well and he said with Honesty, "You are a good man, Kaze-kun, and you are still a good man. You will return to our home a good man, and Nanzi will be proud to have fought alongside you till the day he leaves the realm of mortals."
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:12 am

"I am sure that I feel the same way, Nanzi-sama," Kaze replied. "With luck, the Empire will grow more secure from our efforts."
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:19 am

“The Empire will be better, not due to luck but due to our Duty to Doji and Emperor Shiba,” he said proudly.

“We will have to see to finding you a spouse when we return, a great hero needs a great spouse. Doji-chan will be over the moon organizing such a match and wedding.”

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:26 am

"The Lady asked me to find such a one before we left. I think I may be rather close to finding them."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:35 am

Doji Kaze wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:26 am
"The Lady asked me to find such a one before we left. I think I may be rather close to finding them."
"Nanzi is taken aback, someone here with us or someone you left behind?" he asked.

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:47 am

"Someone here. Seppun Dawei. There are complications that would need to be worked out, but we are becoming closer."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:53 am

Doji Kaze wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:47 am
"Someone here. Seppun Dawei. There are complications that would need to be worked out, but we are becoming closer."
“Dawei-san is a good man, quiet and focused. Nanzi is elated to see such joy blossom. Nanzi is gladdened and will give a prayer to Benten at the dawn. Doji-chan will be most pleased,” he said honestly.

“What are these complications that vex you my friend?”

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:07 am

"He is important to Hantei's people, a sensei and a warrior. And I am the Lady's, and have ideas to contribute." He sighed. "The precise solution escapes me, but it may be that one or the other of us, one or the other of the clans, must make a sacrifice in order for the benefits to be realized. Unless our family can be shared between the clans...but I am not sure if that is sensible."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:11 am

“Doji will find a solution that works for all, if you must leave us then so be it. You and yours will always be welcome in our home, Kaze-kun. That is a minor concern, best left to Doji and myself. If this is the man you feel is best for you, then why should such a thing be an impediment,” he said proudly.

“The Stag and the Crane will ever be close, this only proves what Nanzi already knows.”

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:39 am

Kaze heard Nanzi's words and knew that Doji's husband hadn't seen the opportunity. Or perhaps it simply was not important to him. After all, Kaze had not established the doctrine yet. It hadn't met with the Lady's formal approval. How would Nanzi even know about it?

"I...understand, Nanzi-sama. I think I see a way for the Lady to look to securing both my happiness, as trivial as that is, and what I have begun to develop for the clan, but as always it is her will that I will attend. I serve."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:46 am

“Nanzi knows your work is important to you, even if you join the Stag you can still give your input on your methods. Given the more important position of Dawei-san, you would leave us as is proper. It would change things for you, but it would not be an ending,” he said warmly.

“He is sure you can do great things within the Stag, Hantei-sama and Kinsen-san are good friends to Nanzi and would treat you well.”

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:04 am

Kaze, as was sometimes necessary when dealing with Nanzi, tuned him out and nodded along. Lady Doji would understand the value in his proposal, or she would see its flaws and explain them. Nanzi...was less than imaginative and almost obscenely pompous, even when he was being his most caring, but he understood that his contributions to the clan were many in spite of this minor flaw.

"Hai, Nanzi-sama. I serve."

Kaze would never wish to do anything other than that.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:23 am

Nanzi nodded and said "Of course."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:46 pm

Ninube appeared next to her kin after she made her round. "How's it going over here?" She offers her jade for the purity greeting.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:57 pm

Ninube wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:46 pm
Ninube appeared next to her kin after she made her round. "How's it going over here?" She offers her jade for the purity greeting.
Matsu and Yamadono each would touch the jade, as well as offering their own jade in response, though that may be more paranoia overkill in response than anything.

"Quiet. Which is good." The older man spoke softly, with a certain grim determination.

"Anything unusual on your end?"
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:44 pm

Ninube touches both. She approves of the paranoia. "Not much. This rain hid me well, but made things hard to see. Though with the infiltrators failing," hopefully, "they might be planning a new tactic or two. Maybe a more traditional raid...."

Ninube thought of something horrifying. "I wonder if there is an opposing force. I don't mean Jigoku. But like a leader of some kind."

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:47 am

Miyako occasionally paused as she heard the Doji's poetry as well as to listen to the exchanges between the people of the clans. There was much for her to absorb and learn of their ways. Looking down at her page of parchment, she saw that she had filled it from top to bottom, but she had not been as diligent in keeping it dry as she had hoped, and before her charcoal writing started to get more droplets on it she quickly rolled it up to put away in her pack. With that secure, she pulled out another one, being much more careful to keep it dry using the brim of her hat and her cloak, and continued writing.
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:12 am

Ninube shakes her head. "Nevermind. We have no evidence about that. I think I may be taking Agasha's advice to the extreme. But I did find something neat in the ruins." Ninube casually looks and makes sure there is no non-Spider near her. "It's a piece of from an old weapon. They had skills beyond ours."

Return to “The Supply Wagon”