The last brown spot. [D11, LA]

Kyosei of the Isawa

The last brown spot. [D11, LA]

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:12 am

Kyosei, sitting near his tent, runs the rasp across the large green stone. It is now almost completely green, only a small spot of brown left. He sets the course rasp down, into it's proper place in the pouch, and draws out the finer one. Once this is in hand, he pauses, takes a deep breath, and slowly begins to drag the rasp across the brown spot, slowly removing it, leaving nothing but green.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Hantei Kinsen

Re: The last brown spot. [D11, LA]

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:55 pm

Notocing Kyosei nearby, Kinsen takes a momen to show off the spectacular results she managed to get done out from the jade he provided her with the help of some awesome friends.

"Good afternoon, Kyosei-san. Have you had something good to eat today?" Kinsen says, bowing to him and then touching her jade pendant with her hand, as her shining nail polish glint in brilliant green.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:09 am

"Average - but that is more than enough. Expecting a major meal here is unlikely. Nice nails! I'm guessing that's some of the jade?"

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:11 am

"Yes indeed." She extends her hands so her can check it up close. "Saruko-sama made it. If you need some, let me know."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:17 am

"Actually, I was just thinking the same thing. Jade dust I have. As I work on this, more accumulates. So, if that wears off, you can come to me for more."

He files carefully for a moment. Then looking back at her, "You know, I first found this substance at the tournament. Wasn't much for the politicking going on, but was exploring. Who knew that it would become so important? Oh, I heard that most got outfitted by the Rat creatures, but if anyone is missing some, I do have a bit extra."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:22 am

"Oh! I got this very exquisite bracelet at their market, too." Kinsen shows it proudly. "I might need some more dust, yes. If you have spare. I learned jade goes... ahm... bad. Right?"

--
OOC: Check GMs about the bracelet if more info is needed.

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:27 am

"Goes bad? News to me. I found this brown stone intermixed to the big green one, but it isn't 'bad', it just isn't quite the same as jade. Close, but not quite. Like, if jade is all five elements bound together, this is only four of them, missing that fifth to make it truly pure." He looks at the bracelet, and gives a nod of recognition.

"You must have gotten to the market before me - while I found a nice bracelet for my mate, and our daughter in a few years, there was no jade to be found."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:30 am

She blinks, repeating. "Five elements. Is that so?"

Looking closer to her bracelet, she shrugs, "I must have gotten lucky then..."

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:41 am

"Yes, jade works so well, because it combines all five of the elements. This brown, while very similar, is missing one. Which one, I'm not sure. Water? Air, maybe? Or the elusive Void, perhaps? But, it isn't quite the same."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:57 am

"So all elements together make stones pure and green..." She taps her cheek with her index while biting the inner part of her lower lip. "Is there something that is the exact opposite?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:36 am

"Something with no elements? An interesting thought. I don't know. I'll have to consider that idea. Though, it may be... I think Obsidian, the black stone I found, that sometimes acts as glass, sometimes as stone, sometimes like a gem, and even sometimes as metal, may also have all the elements, but tied together in a different way. That might be worth studying..."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:10 pm

"Obsidian?" Kinsen looks at Kyosei pensative, and shrugs, not really knowing much about that. "What's the brown stone you mentioned?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:53 am

Kyosei looks around him, then picks up a long strip, about 4 inches long, but flat and no more than a half inch wide. "This was attached to this big piece earlier today. It is similar to the jade, and acts like it for carving purposes, but just looking at it, you can see it's different."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:30 am

"This grows together with jade, and it is not? How interesting. I wonder if there are things that look like jade but they're not, too." She muses.

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:58 pm

"I have been working with jade for about 5 years now, and I'm still learning about it." Kyosei shrugs.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:56 pm

"It has been a blessing to us. We should make the Emperor aware of the contribution you provided." Kinsen bows to him. "Thank you for the explanations, Kyosei-san. I should get going now. Much to do."

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:08 am

"As you say, Lady. May the Spirits guide you and support you." Kyosei makes a seated bow back.

Return to “The Camp”