In the Land of the Blind (D11, LM, Expecting)

Jin

In the Land of the Blind (D11, LM, Expecting)

Post by Jin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:46 am

Satone had much to say of her concerns and her personal beliefs but she had always deferred to Haruyo as to the spiritual beliefs she feared would be lost or forced to change. Though Jin was fairly confident such fears were unfounded he could not truly assuage them without knowing what the beliefs were. He could not, after all, defend child sacrifice or whatnot... not that he expected such to be the case.

Thus this morning found him, once he had torn himself free from the allure of the ruins, announcing himself at the tent of the blind Seidou.

"Seidou Haruyo, it is the one called Jin, of the Ki-Rin, would you be available to speak?"
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seidou Haruyo

Re: In the Land of the Blind (D11, LM, Expecting)

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:30 am

"Come in," Haruyo spoke from within.

As he would enter Haruyo was making busy about the inner workings of the tent. Moving with comfort and ease in this familiar place she moved her knife away to somewhere more secure, packed some of their personal food-stock and shifted around a fishing pole that had once been laying across the floor to a place that allowed it to lean firmly. There were other things, baskets and pots that scattered about and had little visual appeal to where they lay but upon thought could be seen to have other considerations kept to mind. Such as safety, care for the item, and efficiency of retrieval.

"Jin of the Ki-rin, welcome. I have not had the pleasure to speak of one who identified themselves as such before. What brings you here?"
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Jin

Post by Jin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:57 am

Despite knowing it cannot be seen Jin still smiles and nods as much a reflex as anything else as he enters the tent.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance as well. I have spoken with your friend Satone a few times now. She has expressed her concern about the fate of your people in this changing world and I thought I should speak with you as well to learn more."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:06 am

"A good goal, I think. Though," she said, finding herself a seat in a spot of the tent floor that appeared worn in. "I wonder to what it matters for someone who is an outsider. Please, find yourself a seat and make yourself comfortable as you please. There is much I could tell you about this topic but until you say more it would be utterly aimless."
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Jin

Post by Jin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:26 am

Jin finds a relatively clear place to settle in, "I do not know how much she has spoken to you of her meetings with the Kami on the matter. I met her following her request for Shinjo to knock her out with a single blow..."

He chuckles a little, "Satone has an impressively hard head to not only survive but stay conscious after such a blow. But not hard enough that my medicinal assistance was rebuffed after. She told me of her fears that your people's ways would be stripped away be it by force or by the grinding weight of time and enforced traditions. While I believe we have been lucky that Shiba has taken the lead among the Kami in that respect without knowing more of your beliefs I could not truly lay to rest fears as to how they may fare. So I was hoping to have a better understanding of what your important beliefs are - the ones that truly define your people."

Description

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:57 am

Haruyo was silent for a moment, contemplating his words for a moment or two. Resting her hands in her lap. Directing her voice at him she spoke, "There is a few ways I could answer that question of yours. Long and drawn out, I could tell you the tales that we share and the meaning to which they aspire to influence the decisions we make. How they show what we hold dearest to ourselves. That you could derive for yourself from these tales the very same truths that our own people do."

"Yet, that is not your goal. You come here seeking the answer to a problem but you think you will find it behind the understanding of our peoples beliefs. That you worry so to offer an assurance to Satone, tells me you wish something more of her. Perhaps to influence her toward your decision in life. Or, perhaps to offer her peace and assurance in this time of change. Which do you think it is better, Jin of the Ki-rin?

Jin

Post by Jin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:59 am

Another smile goes unseen, "I would certainly not be opposed to hearing those tales some day. But, to answer your question, neither is better nor truly what I wish. My path is my own and not to entice another to walk - though I certainly am happy to share it with those who find their ways go in the same direction. As for assurance and peace I cannot offer that no matter what I know I am not so skilled a liar and there is much chaos yet in the world to make one of such words."

He pauses, "What I do wish is to know that, were I to offer what aid I can in her finding her own path, I would not be inadvertently giving encouragement to something I do not myself believe or support. What she has said of her own hopes for her people, socially, fits within my own but she said regarding the spiritual beliefs I should speak to you."

Description

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:49 pm

"What do you fear then, than our beliefs might hold? For your purpose.. perhaps that would be the quickest way to determine how I might best assure you that you would be doing no such fault to your own beliefs. After all, we do not have the time to cover what I have learned in years but perhaps at best the day," she smirked. "Or more to your sensibilities and mine, the next few hours to speak on what you wish to."

"I could even shorten it into a few words, if you so wished. Yet, I believe most of the beliefs held by us, those who were Seidou, are those that may not appeal totally to all but yet have a basis in something that every person might respect. Of course I only say that because I simply understand that many are not built like the Seidou and would not understand what is truly important."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:41 am

Jin considers the words. "I guess what I am truly asking is: any practice, stripped by force, is a loss to a people but those same practices may erode away with time without harming that central concept of who they are. In a hundred years, a thousand years, what would a Seidou still do and still believe that would still make them Seidou in the eyes of your people now. What is it that even time cannot change without changing who they are?"

Description

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:38 pm

"Let me tell you a story.." she listened for a moment, and listened for a sigh. Without one, she continued to tell a tale and then two more. Each of these tales added a little bit to the sense of what the Seidou held dear about themselves. They were not and would never be a fanciful folk. They focus first and foremost on survival. Each of their number is normally independent, and that is true enough to be seen by anyone who just watched Haruyo herself. Despite her blindness she struggles greatly to remain independent. Though she is supported by others it is impossible to say she does not hold the same spirit.

However, there perhaps is a side to this independence that only few Seidou have. A persistence and desire to be sure they take the proper steps forward. Some among the Seidou find it hard to place themselves under another, even if they are a Kami fallen from the heavens.

Beyond independence, beyond the joined nature of strength among the Seidou fighting together, each Seidou is their own mind and person. Each is one to be tackled in their unique way. At the end of the day the Seidou will rise and conquer any challenge which threatens their way of life.

What Jin would not find in these tales are any acts that are considered unholy by any well intention-ed tribe or clan.

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:47 pm

Jin nods, unseen, a habit as much as an acknowledgement, "Thank you, Haruyo, for your time and your tales. I believe I have learned what I needed. If there is ever a question you have for me to do not hesitate to ask."

Assuming the offer is not immediately taken up on he will move to rise.

"I hope the future serves you and your people well."

Description

Return to “The Camp”