[Day 11, Early Evening] The Fine Art of Diplomacy (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 11, Early Evening] The Fine Art of Diplomacy (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:16 am

He'd wanted to let Fearless Warrior of Black Moonset have some time to calm down before even thinking of making his approach, and had been rewarded for his trouble by a vision of Ki-Rin, so...

So far, so good.

But he still approached carefully. After all, the Nezumi might not want to talk... and that could be bad.

His player wasn't sure if Reiko had the timeslot free to be there as well, so Schrodinger's Spider Champion may or may not have also been present.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Re: [Day 11, Early Evening] The Fine Art of Diplomacy (Expecting)

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:20 am

Black Moonset was on the outside of the camp he had a large straw hat on which blocked the rain. It might have been impressive how small of a space his body could fit in underneath that hat to a human observer.
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:30 am

"Ch'chit T''kkiri. I bring news you might not have heard."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:32 am

There was no response other than the sound of rain drops on his hat.
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:34 am

"Shinjo-Kami spoke on behalf of the plan. It will be broached to Fu Leng. But those who doubt... need to understand Name magic better. They don't fully grasp it, and that makes them afraid of what it will do to him."

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:37 am

"Talked to one-eye man in purple about. Need to talk to all hairless-ones? Convince all? Not easy when hairless-one brain so slow. Always pick wrong choices first... then when too late... start think-think." He replied.

"Hope they change mind fast."
Description

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:50 am

Somewhere in his thoughts he heard the words of a human rattling around in his mind.
Seppun Dawei wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:45 am
"Nani?"

Dawei brings the figurine closer to his face.

"I didn't carve this."
Black Moonset begins to look around for the source of the sound that obviously wasn't Sora.

He then stood and asked, "Hear something?"
Description

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:02 am

Seppun Dawei wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:59 am
Dawei hears the voice, almost sees the figurine's lips move.

"I know your voice. Why do you sound like Ch'chit T'kkiri?"

He looks about, seeing if the Nezumi is there. Seeing none, he adds "What sorcery is this?"
Black Moonset looks around some more and at Sora to make sure it is not the human in front of him playing a trick.

"I am Ch'chit T'kkiri... Who this? Why you speak to my mind?" He asked in a soft voice.
Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:04 am

Sora arched an eyebrow, but the Nezumi he hoped to be able to call friend one of these days didn't appear to be losing his mind completely.

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:08 am

Seppun Dawei wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:05 am
Dawei gives a puff of laughter.

"That would be why you sound like him, then. If you are him and not a trick this strange place is playing."

He takes his jade, presses it to the figurine, sees no sign of strangeness other than the speaking in his mind.

"But if you are not a trick, and you are who you claim to be, then you will recall who you told would need a bigger knife ten days ago."
Black Moonset thinks for a moment, "Kiss-Hunter-Man... Seppun Dawei...? Where you now? How you speak to me?"
Description

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:13 am

Seppun Dawei wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:11 am

"I'm sitting before Shinsei's tent and the shrine. But I'm not sure how we are speaking now.

"Where are you?"

"I on North side of camp..." He replied. "You do magic?"
Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:14 am

Well, this just keeps getting weirder.

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:18 am

Seppun Dawei wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:14 am
"Not so far as I know, no. Never have before that I know of.

"Have you?"
He shook his head, "No Ch'chit T'kkiri is Ch'... Warrior. Not shaman. Some trick? Who play trick? You come here... Sky-man here too. He can no hear you it look."
Description

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:23 am

"I have met Sora. I will be there presently."
Ch'chit looked up at Sora. "Some magic make Seppun Dawei speak to my mind... He come now... Strange place this... Full of Name..."
Description

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:28 am

After a couple of minutes--the camp is not that large--Dawei arrives, nods a greeting.

In his hand is a carved figurine of a Nezumi that looks uncannily like Ch'chit T'kkiri.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:30 am

Black Moonset takes a whiff of the air around Dawei as he approaches and looks down at the figure.

"What that?"
Description

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:32 am

The statue, for the time being, even smells uncannily like Ch'chit T'kkiri, something the nose blind humans wouldn't be aware of.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:36 am

"I was carving this when we spoke before, and I've been working on it since. Finished today, though it didn't look like you--just a detailed Nezumi, sort of an idealized form. But as I was thinking about it at the shrine, it somehow shifted, and then we were talking together."
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:37 am

"Can see?" He asked extending a hand. "Smell like me..."
Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:38 am

Sora cocked his head to the side.

Nothing, it seemed, was ever going to be quite... normal around the camp.

Return to “The Camp”