[Day 11, Early Evening] The Fine Art of Diplomacy (Expecting)

Seppun Dawei

Re: [Day 11, Early Evening] The Fine Art of Diplomacy (Expecting)

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:39 am

Dawei hands over the figurine.

"I had been puzzling over who would have it. Still am."
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:42 am

Black Moonset took the object in his hands and began to turn it over. It looked remarkably like him... even with a scar on his back leg which was normally hid by his armor.

"Strange magic... Shaman would know... Or Rememberer like T'tok tch'tch..."
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:48 am

With another quick shiver, the figurine changes to the image, and scent, of the Rememberer.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:48 am

"This is a strange thing, indeed."
Seppun Dawei
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:49 am

"I.... does it respond to Name?"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:51 am

Ch'chit looked in amazement as it changed to the image of his mate in his hand.

With trepidation he raised a hand to his human compatriots to quiet them and asked aloud, "T'tok... can you hear me?"
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:58 am

There was a hesitant pause, then...

"Ch'chit? Ch'chit is that you? Where are you? I cannot see you!"
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:02 am

"She hear me." He said to his human friends.

"T'tok... I am communicating with you through some relic which a human has somehow come across. When I speak a name into the object it changes form and one can communicate even at great distance through it... It appears to take the form of Brave-Warriors-Who-Remember... This could be a great boon to us. Instant communication across great distance. Not unlike the days before Heavenfall..."
Description

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:09 am

Another silence, followed by excited chittering.

"Truly? Where did this human find such a thing?" There was more excited noise, but it seemed only to come from T'tok, as if Ch'chit were hearing only her side of another conversation. "I will ask, I will ask. My love, where are you now? Have you achieved your mission? The little ones, they worry so..."

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:13 am

"The hairless one claims to have carved it. But he has no ability with supernatural powers... Perhaps this land... or the wood from which he crafted it is somehow special..."

He paused for a moment before replying, "We are camped near the ruins... still a few days away from our mission's end. I have spoken with the Transcendent... We have devised a clever plan to close the crater. There has been some reluctance on the side of the humans... but it is my hope that they will turn to reason in the days ahead."
Description

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:23 am

T'tok chattered to herself briefly, thinking hard. "Carved it? Then it began to act without magic..." She paused again, excited. "I know of this! It is strange, uncommon, but it must be Aware-Of-Own-Name! Sometimes things made with great care know themselves, become stronger! It is hard to predict, but they gain strange properties as a result!"

She sounded wistful as she spoke on the secondary mission. "Stay strong, my love. You will bring the wisdom of the Transcendant to the humans, I know this. I must go for now, many things to consider, many must know about this blessing! Return safe to me when you are able."

The figure doesn't cut the connection, but it is evident that T'tok's mind is elsewhere as she goes over all the implications this creation might have.

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:27 am

"Farewell my alabaster dream." He said before saying his own name aloud.

The figure turned to his own shape again much as it had done before.

"It work... Special thing. Aware-of-own-Name object. Sometime happen, but rare. Can talk-talk with any Brave-Warrior-Who-Remember. Of great value to our kind..." He replied.

"Would like to trade for it. Since hairless ones..." He paused for a moment. "... Friends."
Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:30 am

Sora looked to Dawei.

"I would add to the value offered by the Fearless Warrior of Black Moonset. I'm not wealthy, but nor am I without resources."

Such as having the Emperor's ear.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:42 am

"Is that what the name means?"

Dawei considers, shakes his head.

"I don't know how it happened, but I'm not sad to have made it so. But I'm not looking for trade."

He looks to Sora.

"I wonder if it might not become something of a tie between our peoples. But you would know more of such than I, standing closer to the Emperor than I."

He turns to T'kkiri, inclines his head.

"I think I wronged you before, probably through misunderstanding. I apologize for it."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:50 am

If he's saying what I think he's saying, the Emperor is going to get a glowing report about honor and generosity.

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:58 am

“Lot of no understanding. Words difficult. Ch’chit also say hard things sometimes. But things of yesterday no matter. Things we do now make tomorrow. This thing help my people... that mean Seppun-man help my people.”
Description

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:03 am

"I hope it helps enough" he replies, and adds "I'll ask with the carving only that it be remembered that I did it." He smiles slightly. "A man likes to think his name will live on."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:06 am

"I think that seems quite likely, Seppun-san. If you would have a favor of the Imperial families... you are owed one now."

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:06 am

"I'll hope not to need it, Jiyo-sama." He bows his head.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:26 am

“Dah’way friend of the Brave-Warriors-who-Remember’s Name be remembered for all next-nights.” He said with an attempt at a human bow.
Description

Return to “The Camp”