[Day 11, Early Evening] The Fine Art of Diplomacy (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 11, Early Evening] The Fine Art of Diplomacy (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:09 am

"Desperation does indeed make people do crazy things."

Like the entire expedition they were on.

"But, and I say this as one who regards Ch'chit T'kkiri as a friend, and who holds his people's welfare as important- If they plotted mischief and sought your aid for purely selfish ends, would it not have been simpler to say that the ritual would heal Fu Leng of his torments? How would you have responded, had that been their offer?"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:27 am

Black Moonset simply sat in silence. He had been truthful and explained the best he could... he bemoaned the fact that the one person who could supposedly communicate with this ‘kami’ was the one person who had her head so far in the dirt that Set’tck kir, the great digger, could have dug his whole life and never see her face. But such was his fate... he’d somehow have to trust in these humans... somehow they’d all have to come to the correct decision on their own it seemed.
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:03 am

"No different to how I have now" Reiko said with complete honesty "because I'm not naive. Things like this are not normal, and come with considerable cost. It's the costs that I want to make sure I understand, but I...do not want to lose him, nor have him affected, without understanding exactly what is happening and what the cost is."

She shook her head.

"Fu Leng will be told what I have learnt, and can make his own decision. I cannot control when Yume-do allows me to visit him, but if it is before we reach him I'll do my best to inform him without Jigoku learning."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:53 am

"Not my point- or at least not all of it. My point is that an approach trying wheedle consent out of you would have told you whatever they thought you wanted to hear. I'm glad to see you recognize that, my friend."

As she spoke of telling Fu Leng, he bowed his head.

"We can ask no more."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:58 am

Dawei retains his accustomed quiet amid the exchanges.

Am I so changed as Reiko by my association with the Kami? he thinks.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Return to “The Camp”