(D11, LE, Open) Cleanse yourself before bed

Jiyo Ayumu

(D11, LE, Open) Cleanse yourself before bed

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:08 pm

Imitating the form of what he remembered of religious ceremonies, Ayumu had set up a small purification zone near the camp. Four wooden posts linked by four pieces of rope* formed a perfect square, big enough to welcome a few people at once, with buckets of fresh rain water waiting for them within. People going back to camp through this entrance are encouraged to clean themselves ritually*, to purge the corruption they might bring with them.

This is also totally a good excuse to check if they're wearing their jade, preferably directly against their raw skin.

*Normal rope for lack of shimenawa.
**A.k.a harae.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Hantei Kinsen

Re: (D11, LE, Open) Cleanse yourself before bed

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:52 pm

Not noticing anyone inline, Kinsen takes a step to be purified and waits for instructions.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:44 am

"Hello Lady Kinsen.

You're probably one of the persons in this encampment that needs it the least, but, as the heavens have blessed us with clean water from the sky to refill our reserves, I thought we could use the extra to allow people going back from the dark lands to purge themselves of the filth they could bring back with them.

Both literary and spiritually.

Simply enter the square and wash your face, neck and arms. According to religious teachings, both bonds of rope and clear water ward against evil."
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:54 am

"Oh." Kinsen blinks at his statement, shaking his head, and replies. "I doubt I am."

Then, with a warm grin, she nods to his instructions. She bows twice to the ropes, and, carefully, with her new jade nails shining like the stars above –– if they were green –– Kinsen claps twice. She immerses her hands into the purified water in the buckets, and once they're up, sprinkles the acquired liquid over her face. Uncovering her neck line with a shoulder movement, she sprinkles at her naked back.

There is though, a tiny shiver, that runs down her spine into her waist like a wave.

Finally, Kinsen immerses her hands again, and rubs her arms. Purified, she thinks, Kinsen claps one last time. She mentions with a giggle. "I hope Fortunes grant me a good night of sleep after this."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:20 pm

"So do I.

It's probably all but symbolic at the moment, but it can't do harm. Maybe I should talk with a priest, see if there is not some way to put actual magic in the process.

Nice new color by the way. Is that really jade or does it simply look like jade?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:15 am

"Oh!" She extends her fingers so he can have a better look, saying proudly, "Actual jade, indeed. See how it shines?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:38 am

"Indeed. That's quite the imaginative way to keep jade close to your skin. How many days do you think the lacquer will hold?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:47 am

"About a week. But I guess I have plenty for some other passes over." She raises her eyebrows, happy of the surplus. Then, frowns, adding, "That is, as long a they don't wear off with whatever people are saying these lands do to it."

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:33 am

"I'm not sure anyone truly understands what these lands are doing to anything. That's a big advantage Jigoku has upon us. It's quite hard to anticipate its next move as it's so unpredictable."

He grinned while looking at the nails:

"But I guess us humans can be unpredictable too when we need to be."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:28 am

"We surely can." Kinsen takes a loot at the impromptu cleansing shrine, adding, "Shinjo-kami-sama would be happy to see this, I believe."

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:48 pm

"She'll be... If this proves effective. As of now, only jade has shown actual efficiency against Jigoku. Positive thoughts and prayers? Not so much."

Pulling out a small, rough, raw piece of jade from his sleeve:

"I've got this spare from the Nezumi. Wonder if I can somehow incorporate it in the system, or find some other use to it that would make our life a bit easier."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:50 pm

"That would surely help, no?" Kinsen shrugs, showing her necklace and pendant, "I've got some extra, just to make sure. Perhaps you could talk with Kyosei-san. He actually knows quite a things about the stone."

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:32 pm

"Kyosei of the Isawa? I've run into him a few times, but that's pretty much it. All I know about him is that he is a quiet fellow, and is related per marriage to chief Aterui. So he is a jade expert?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:35 pm

"Yes, he is. He was so kind as to gift me with a jade stone... I did use it to get the nail polish done, of course." She smiles coyly.

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:42 pm

"Was he aware you were going to do that? Not that's it a bad idea just unexpected. And you're not the only one being imaginative about this actually. Kinyoubi sculpted her own into what's probably some sort of charm for example."

Return to “The Camp”