[D11, LN] The Plan (Closed)

Fu Leng

[D11, LN] The Plan (Closed)

Post by Fu Leng » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:21 pm

Reiko descended once more into the Realm of Dreams - and from there, within its protection, to Jigoku. The presence of Fu Leng pulled at her. What she found was shockingly different than her last visit. He looked... focused. Maybe more so even than when she had first met him. When he sensed her presence and looked up, his eyes were steady. "Reiko. You return."
Kami | Dangerous Beauty | Dark Paragon | Prodigy |Sage | Wary | Voice

Honor: 6.0, Glory: 5.0, Status: 9.0

Played by GM Canary

Reiko

Re: [D11, LN] The Plan (Closed)

Post by Reiko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:13 am

Even if she had a thousand lifetimes to prepare her, Reiko could never be ready to land in Jigoku. Everything about it was terrifying except one thing.

Fu Leng.

Her love.

He was never terrifying...and today he looked better than she had seen for years. Perhaps ever. Her heart jumped, and she rose, moving to his side.

"Nothing makes me happier than returning to be with you again, Fu Leng. How are you? You seem more focused now" she smiled at him "I'm glad to see you again."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Fu Leng

Post by Fu Leng » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:13 am

"I'm getting... a better feeling for what's going on," he replied. Even with the realm tearing at him, shining blood visible on his skin. "It's giving me hope, even though the realm clearly knows something is amiss. It's working harder, but I have greater strength now. I'm glad to see you again, as well."

Played by GM Canary

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:04 pm

"That's likely because the realm knows we're coming. From what I understand, it has already sent its agents at us. Creatures to infiltrate our camp, but we caught them" Reiko said with a smile at the man "I'm certain it won't be much longer. If you're getting stronger, that proves it. You must be able to hear us more clearer than ever. Isn't that wonderful?"
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Fu Leng

Post by Fu Leng » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:27 pm

"Yes... I don't doubt it." He scowled, looking up as if directing it at the place itself. Looking closer, she can see the way he's held is strange - then she realizes it's because his limbs are broken. "Neither that it knows or that it will be much longer. I can, and it is. This is all thanks to you."

Played by GM Canary

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:43 pm

There was a gasp when she saw his arms.

"Your arms...How dare this realm do this. How dare it!" She looked up at the realm, angrily for a few moments before taking a few breaths.

"I would do anything for you, Fu Leng. Anything" she blushed slightly, looking back at him "so don't worry. You can count on me...and everyone who is coming to help you. We won't let you down."

There was a pause as the conversations from earlier that day came to mind. Would now be the right time...

"Um...Do you know much about the magic of the Nezumi?" she suddenly asked out of the blue "I don't know the heavens word for them. They're like...human-rat creatures."

Fu Leng

Post by Fu Leng » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:28 pm

He shook his head. "It's far from the worst it's done... and it will be over soon," he said, determination in his voice. "I know."

The fire of curiosity lit in his eyes as she lit on the subject of magic. If nothing else, she had his interest. "I am unfamiliar with the beings themselves, but I would have to know more about their magic to answer."

Played by GM Canary

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:23 am

"They use, well...names. Or I guess, the meaning behind a name? I'm not entirely sure" Reiko said, a little bit of a frown on her face "to shape or do things. Do you know of that kind of magic?"

Fu Leng

Post by Fu Leng » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:13 am

"Ah, Name magic." He said, understanding lighting up his features. "So some mortals have learned it. Impressive, yet concerning."

Played by GM Canary

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:22 am

"Concerning? Why concerning? What can they do with it?" Reiko started to look concerned. If it was something Fu Leng was worried about...

Fu Leng

Post by Fu Leng » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:20 am

"Only as a matter of it being extremely powerful. Name magic has to do with manipulating the fundamental nature of things. Changing something's Name changes it directly. Naming something without a name forces an identity upon it and locks it into a particular form," he explained. "Why do you bring it up?"

Played by GM Canary

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:41 am

"So using someones name could change who they are" Reiko said quietly, now more concerned "there is a plan. I don't know how much of the plan I can say while we're in...here" she motioned around her "as I think the realm can hear me and will then know the plan. They want to use well..." she lowered her voice to a whisper, as if that would change it "your name, as it's the only name from the stars that has not been changed by Ningen-do."

Fu Leng

Post by Fu Leng » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:01 am

"Mm... Ningen-do is aggressive. I suppose I'm not surprised that it affected them so quickly," he said. "Unlike this place, the death curse of your realm is not the opposite of Tengoku. Its light would grant no inherent resistance to it."

The statement itself seemed to make him realize something, and he nodded. "I see... I think I have an idea of their plan, then."

Played by GM Canary

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:03 pm

"I'm not surprised, you're very smart" Reiko said with a nod "but I'm worried. Really worried. I don't want them to hurt you, and this feels like something that could greatly affect you. What damage could name magic do?"

Fu Leng

Post by Fu Leng » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:11 am

"I'm not sure it's worth worrying about the worst case scenario. Dealing with the water kami could turn your or another person inside-out since it can make shape fluid, but that's vanishingly unlikely if you're not trying to do that," he replied, seeing the obvious worry and trying to be as comforting as was possible under the circumstances. "The most likely negative side effect would be people not remembering I had been as I am now. Those changing the Name would have to account for that."

Played by GM Canary

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:14 am

"I don't want that though" Reiko shook her head "these Nezumi are evasive. I tried to push them for what they could do with the name but he just kept saying they wouldn't do anything. Not that they couldn't. If a name is so powerful, surely they could do a huge amount with such a powerful name like yours."

Fu Leng

Post by Fu Leng » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:51 am

"Reiko," he said carefully. "I have an idea of what they're going to do, but I can't talk about it here. I think even if that part of me was forgotten, it's better to accomplish the goal. The rest, we can handle together."

Played by GM Canary

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:59 am

"I know...I know" Reiko said with a nod after a few moments "but I don't want any of you to be affected. It's not fair."

Fu Leng

Post by Fu Leng » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:31 am

"Reiko. Would you love me less if I were to lose that part of me?"

Played by GM Canary

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:44 pm

"Of course not! I will love you no matter what, you are everything to me" Reiko said instantly without any hint of hesitation "I just don't want them to take anything from you. I'm...scared of what they could do."

Return to “The Camp”