[D11 EE] In Your Eyes (Hanzou's Tent-Closed)

Shinjo Miuna

[D11 EE] In Your Eyes (Hanzou's Tent-Closed)

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:12 am

There was a light pattering of rain falling on the camp as Miuna stood at the entrance to Hanzou's tent. She gently scratched the post to announce herself as she had observed others doing and hoped that it was loud enough for him to hear.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Hanzou

Re: [D11 EE] In Your Eyes (Hanzou's Tent-Closed)

Post by Hanzou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:18 am

The flap opened quickly.

"Come in. Come in." he beckoned.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:40 pm

She stepped past him quickly, turning as he closed the flap to the tent. She bowed slightly in greeting, the braid that Shinjo had bound her hair in earlier that day dripping gently.
Last edited by Shinjo Miuna on Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:07 pm

He imitated the bow. Hanzou didn't quite understand its meaning, but he'd seen others do it.

"sit down, please. I'm very happy to see you Miuna. I'm always happy to see you."
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:47 pm

She did as he requested, taking the seiza position in the middle of the small tent. "Thank you. You know I'm always happy to see you, too, Hanzou." She affixed him with her gaze, her smile soft and warm. "How are you?"

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:57 pm

He sat in front of her, making sure they could talk. is signing had improved significantly and he seemed to be more comfortable using it.

"I am well. Anxious. I want this to be over. So we can be together. Without all of this. How are you?"

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:48 am

His words created a soft blush at her cheeks and her heart rate picked up. Her comfort and growing desire to be near him was foreign to her but not unwelcome.

She smiled, signing, "Much of the same actually. You said...after this, you want to...be together?"

What did all of this mean, exactly? She wasn't sure, but she did know that, for reasons that were yet unknown to her, she wanted Hanzou to stay close to her.

Her body language became shy, "Does this mean that you might not be returning to your homeland when this is finished?" She waited, hyper aware of what she wanted the answer to be.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:57 am

He was nervous, but he smiled.

"I don't really belong there. I need to learn more about the world. I need to be with humans. I want to be with you."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:56 am

She returned his smile. Of course he needed to be with humans. His colony had already taught him all that they could. The revelation that he was part Koumori had been interesting and put a few things into perspective. No wonder he got nervous in crowds, and it explained those strange words she couldn't read on his lips that interrupted his sentences. They weren't words, they were sounds he made. Because of his heritage. That must make it hard to communicate with others sometimes. She certainly knew something about that.

She leaned forward slightly, taking his hands in hers. She gave them a reassuring squeeze before signing, "I could think of nothing I would love more than for you to stay by my side when this is through."

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:02 am

"I can think of nothing I could love more than you." he responded.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:25 am

She shivered, and she wasn't quite sure if it was the dampness or... something else. She swallowed, carefully considering his words, the blush stark against her pale cheeks. She'd never been with anyone the way she was with Hanzou. Was that love? She missed him when they were apart. Was that love? Now that she had found him, the thought of any ill befalling him made her sick to her stomach. Was that love? Hanzou had moved into her mind, and she was in no hurry to kick him out. Were all of these things together what made up love? She loved her sister, but this was decidedly... different. It was one thing to hear about love in stories, and another matter entirely to experience it yourself. Could she be in love with him? She sat, pensive, thoughts swirling.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:44 am

He could feel a nervous energy all around him and he was already doubting what he had said. He had know idea what love was. The koumori were more like bats than humans and didn't have the same type of courtship. They were more instinctual and their relationships were more fleeting. Hanzou had been taught that it was more significant to humans, that they took such things much more seriously.

Had he misread things? Was what he felt what she felt? Was it what they were supposed to feel? What was supposed to come next?

Unsure of everything, he did what he usually did. He relied on his instinct. Leaning closer, he kissed her.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:50 pm

The meeting of lips jolted her from her swirling thoughts. She sank into him immediately, his arms familiar and warm. There were no nerves now, only instinct and a desire to be close to him. To always be close to him. She had no idea what the future held, for any of them, but picturing a future without Hanzou in it was impossible. She wanted to care for him, be with him, grow with him. And gosh, kissing him was really nice, too. She ran her fingers through his hair, contentment alongside desire. After some time she pulled back gently.

Smiling shyly, the heat from their kisses still upon her cheeks, she signed, "So, this is love?"

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:32 pm

"I don't know." he admitted. "I'm not sure what love is supposed to be. I know your're important to me. I care about what you're doing and how you're feeling. Not knowing scares and worries me. Seeing you and seeing your smile fills me with warmth and joy."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:35 am

She smiled, striking green eyes sparkling.
"Hanzou, I feel all of those same things. I want to stay near you and help you grow. The thought of being parted from you..." she trailed off, leaning forward to rest her forehead against his gently.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:51 am

As his eyes watched hers, he brushed one hand through her hair as the other took one of hers and gave it a comforting squeeze.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:38 am

Leaning into his touch as he stroked her hair, she squeezed his hand back affectionately. She settled back into seiza once more, toying with a lock of her bangs.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:42 am

"I like what you've done with your hair." he smiled. "It looks nice."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:59 am

She touched the coiled braid lightly. "Actually, I met with Lady Shinjo earlier. It is her work you see." She recalled the morning with fondness, a soft smile gracing her mouth.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:10 am

"I see." his smile broadened. "It's good you had some time with her before she left. But, at the speed she was going she should be back soon."

Return to “The Camp”