[Day 11: LE: Open] Toss a shell

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 11: LE: Open] Toss a shell

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:24 am

"That is a very good question."

He smiled.

"As with most things to do with Spirit Realms, it's likely going to be more metaphysical than physical, in the long run. We'll still have to get close, but it will be as much a matter of spirit as muscle."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Inga

Post by Inga » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:35 am

Inga pursed her lips. "Interesting... perhaps the closeness of his siblings will guide him to the order."
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:49 am

"That's the hope, anyway."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Inga

Post by Inga » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:17 am

"That is good to hear." Inga smiled. "Hope is something we should always carry."
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:56 am

"Without it, life would be pretty pointless, wouldn't it?"

Inga

Post by Inga » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:12 pm

"Yes. One of the many things that makes us human." She gave it some thought. "Maybe that is why the Kami people is so interested in is humans."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:00 am

"That ties in to the potential they see in us. They may not all be on the same page about what they like in what they see, but our capacity to dream big is certainly part of it."

Inga

Post by Inga » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:18 am

"True... I guess there are many flavors of the human that let them pick an choose on what they like about the humans." She looked at the Jiyo and tilted her head puzzled. "Do you follow one of the Kami people?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:27 am

"I do. Emperor Shiba has my allegiance."

Inga

Post by Inga » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:51 pm

"So what are his expectations or what calls his attention to human kind? I mean he became emperor." Inga wondered.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:25 pm

Sora chuckled.

"A good question, really. Shiba... likes to help, as trite as it sounds. While all of the Kami see potential in humanity and want to guide us, Shiba is a bit unique in that he's extremely open to our guidance as well, up to a point. And he's fascinated by how and why we do things. His husband and I had to do some pretty hefty convincing to get him to stay away from this mission. The risks we run... he would have been at the forefront, if he'd had his way. But his responsibility to the Empire- to everyone in it- allowed us to persuade him otherwise."

He shrugged.

"He is the first leader I have ever followed that I would willingly die for."

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:17 am

"How we do things?" She was surprised. "Do things like what? survive in this world?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:51 am

"Weave cloth. Catch fish. Record knowledge. Compose songs. Craft weapons. Almost everything we do is shaped by our environment, and he fidns it fascinating."

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:24 am

"I wish I could meet him. He sounds like an open mind person." She was intrigued. "But I doubt I will ever meet him. This emperor thing must keep him very busy."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:52 am

"It does. But if you want to meet him, i could introduce you. Anyone on this mission to rescue his brother is doing him a service."

Inga

Post by Inga » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:55 pm

Inga smiled. "No need to do that for me. I doubt I will come out of this alive." The girl nodded.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:25 am

He cocked his head at her.

"And what makes you so sure on that score?"

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:48 am

She looked over her shoulder then back at the imperial. "Because that is my destiny, that is how I redeem myself. That way the restless spirits will be appeaced."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:58 am

"Not here. The spirits here can damned well wait."

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:08 am

"Sacrifice... that is what those who torment me want." She lowered her head.

Return to “The Camp”