[D11 LM] Spider Pals (expecting)

Reo

[D11 LM] Spider Pals (expecting)

Post by Reo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:36 am

Reo sits at his tent, trying to keep at his busy work, his hands moving and his lips quiet. He tries to keep his eyes open around his new Clan. They all seemed alright enough, but some old habits were incredibly hard to break. The being around people...it was new, and fit him like a new cloak: nice, something he hoped to appreciate long term, but didn't quite feel right in the meanwhile.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Ninube

Re: [D11 LM] Spider Pals (expecting)

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:12 am

Ninube paced nervously as she prepared for the meeting she called. She then noticed Reo.

"Oh. Hey. You're the new guy, right. Name's Ninube."
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Reo

Post by Reo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:32 am

"Huh. I don't know you." Reo seems to blink. "But if you're calling me the new guy you must be Spider." He tilts his head to the side, quizzically observing the woman. "I'm surprised that I hadn't met you yet. I'm sure I would have remembered."

There was something familiar about the woman's tone, but he couldn't place it. "You were pacing." The words are as blunt as a hammer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:59 am

"Been doing a lot of the scouting. I'm here as a scout. Nice to meet you." At his blunt words, Ninube sighs. "I kinda called for a meeting of the Kami, family heads, and other Clan members. I may be a bit over my head."

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Reo

Post by Reo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:10 am

"Heh. If they had you running ahead that explains quite a bit. I'm afraid that I've been bringing up the rear." Reo scratches his leg out if habit.

"I can't say that I'm the right person to talk to about public gatherings. Or talking. Or people. So you're shit out of luck there." Reo chuckles "All I have is what I had someone tell me: they're all just people. Even the kami. Especially the kami. I'm told it's one big fucked up extended family. Not that I can do anything with that but-"

Reo shrugs. "Well I hope they keep you around. I like these guys, and you seem..." Reo trails off. "Well, they're all busy. Reiko with her husband, Kanna with keeping Reiko safe and the Old Man with his daughter." He shuts up, looking at the ground.

Damn it, how hard is it to say that it's lonely

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:20 am

"Yeah. It's because everyone's busy with this journey. Back home" - strange to say that - "they're a lot more together." NInube sighs. "I didn't realize how much I liked it there until this journey. I stayed apart from them. Well, not when we get back."

Reo

Post by Reo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:31 am

"Huh." That brought up something that Reo had not put much thought into. "What's it like in Spider lands? I don't exactly have a great deal of fondness for the Kakita territory and the Crane taking over means that it's time to move on. But I can't say I know much about where I'm going."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:41 am

Ninube describes the lands because her player isn't quite sure where they are located. "It's different than what I hear about other Clans. Reiko has been pretty good at letting people do what they do best."

Reo

Post by Reo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:46 am

Reo nods. "That's what made me join. I've seen no pressure to be anyone else other than what I am, just an overall desire to chip in to help each other. I'm, well, not used to that."

Reo looks over the woman. "What is it that you're good at?" He can feel red creeping into his face.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:50 am

"Hiding and running away mostly. Makes for a good scout. What about you?"

Reo

Post by Reo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:30 am

There is a surge of envy on Reo's face at the mention of running. "I shoot things and craft. I suppose I'm your healer and taint researcher."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:40 am

Ninube saw the surge of envy but wasn't sure how to respond, so she moved forward. "Researcher? That's interesting. I plan on starting a library when I get back. I would be happy to have your research in it." The healer and crafter also interested her, but not as much as research.

Reo

Post by Reo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:43 pm

"A library? Like the type the Nezumi had in that last city?" Reo perks up at this. "I think that's a great idea. I wish I could understand everything they had there, the idea that we could have all of that information to reference and study, to have those to pass down as we train and are trained? Ha!"

Reo is flushed with exuberance, a rare sight for the people who know him. "I would love to help!"

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:28 am

Ninube is smiles in genuine happiness. "I actually have plans for two kinds. One would stay there taking care of the scrolls. The others would be those traveling the Empire searching for knowledge. I'm going to call them Seekers of Knowledge. I want the Spider Clan to be the place anyone who wants to learn will desire to go."

Reo

Post by Reo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:15 pm

"I like the idea that Spider would be the place to go for people to learn. It fits the idea that we all look out for each other and share, and knowledge and skills is just one part." For someone withdrawn most of the time, the idea continue so draw a great deal of exuberance.

"Most of my tribe has now moved to the Crane. I met their leader today, and I was reminded why I rejected the idea of joining. Their idea of preserving their Honor meant that they wouldn't even begin to investigate the workings of something potentially dangerous. They were simply content to regurgitate the lessons they had heard from others, not even considering that they could learn anything new if they looked. The Isawa keep their studies to magics, and there is so much more out there to see."

Reo offers a small chuckle. "Well, I wish that I could join you for the seeking" Reo raps his leg. "I'm afraid that I would slow the pretty lady down."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:52 am

Ninube was confused. Pretty lady? She didn't mention anyone else...…

Ninube's face goes bright red. "Well, uh," she quickly regains composure though her face remains a light pink, "that may not be the worse problem. Maybe for some, uh, riskier situations, but some knowledge can be gained regardless of how fast someone can move. And besides, people who can care and protect the knowledge will be invaluable." She face went back to normal. Though she was still a little... confused? Maybe he couldn't see right. There was apparently, a lot of people on this expedition that had eyesight problems.

Reo

Post by Reo » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:04 pm

Oh no I said that part out loud

Reo keeps on. "Well, I'll be happy to help. I will be investigating the plants I can find in the jungle. I'm hoping that I can find something useful, maybe something that would could plant back in the Spider lands and grow for ourselves if its useful. I could see building an academy...a place where people can share their findings, focus their studies and test what new things come back."

Reo's smile is a bit softer, cut with nervousness. "I would very much enjoy being a part of it."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:16 am

"Ah. Good idea. Anything we find could be valuable." Ninube also approves of his other idea. "I agree. Seeking knowledge doesn't mean just finding out what other people know. It means learning what know one else knows." Ninube considers. "It's probably too soon, but we could one day have different academies dedicated to different aspects. Like keep the different plants in one. Magic in another. History in another." Ninube was excited about the possibility. She wasn't smart. She knew that. But knowing how much knowledge was out there, well.... it was incredible.

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:55 am

"I suppose that we would have to make do for now." Reo ponders. "Would we be sharing it with those outside Spider? I would imagine some knowledge we would want to keep restricted."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:36 pm

Ninube nods. "I suspect we would not be as welcomed if only took. And besides, who knows what things others may bring." Ninube paused and lowered her voice. "Of course, dangerous knowledge must be restricted."

Return to “The Camp”