D11LN, Late Watch (Open)

Seppun Dawei

D11LN, Late Watch (Open)

Post by Seppun Dawei » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:33 pm

Assuming he is still alive at this point and that paradoxes do not thus ensue, requiring the ultimate naughtymancy of retconjuration or a different doctor to prescribe some wibbly-wobbly stuff, Dawei stands a watch. He does an adequate job of finding a concealed post (Stealth 24), but it appears to be one that looks across the dwindling campfire, skewing his night-vision (Investigation 15).

Perhaps another will also take up the vigil.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Bakuriel

Re: D11LN, Late Watch (Open)

Post by Bakuriel » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:54 pm

The sounds of stone scraping over stone and faint, inhuman sounding grunts begins to drift across the fire towards Dawei's position.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:57 pm

Dawei slowly draws his sword, trusting that he remains concealed as he positions himself to attack, knowing that he will need to yell loudly when he does to alert others.

And he waits for...whatever it is to come into view, waiting to see if it identifies itself as a friend to be tested or shows itself a foe to be attacked.
Seppun Dawei
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:02 pm

There's a sound of tortured stone against stone, and bits of rock shrapnel explode out of the shadows nearby.

[TN15 Athletics to avoid or 2k1 damage]
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:18 pm

Dawei deftly avoids the shrapnel (Athletics 22), and frantically scans for the source.

(Do I need another roll, here, or could I make out the form?
Need to know, too, if I can see it, am I attacking it at unawares, gaining my Technique bonuses, or no?
Because I'm attacking it if I can see it, now, and, presuming it's Initiative time, my roll is a whopping 13.)
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:19 pm

[All will be made clear, initiative not needed yet]

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:20 pm

The sound brought the ever wary Hanzou to investigate.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:27 pm

Moments after the shrapnel clears, a hulking figure looms up out of the darkness, one arm cocked back as it drags a heavy tetsubo behind it, creating the scraping sounds of stone against stone. The light of the fire flickers against the figure, gradually reavealing its form...

Kanna, half armored and grunting more like a beast than any human, steps out into the light, her eyes wide and sweeping the darkness madly, pupils dilated near to distortion.
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:36 pm

What madness is this? Dawei thinks as Kanna staggers in. If it is Kanna.

He remains in place, watchful, especially with another already in the open.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:38 pm

Hanzou looked at the woman in confusion. He had never spoken with her, but had seen her before.

"Are you alright?" he called out to her.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:45 pm

Kanna's eyes whipped towards Hanzou, and her pupils shrank to pinpricks. The tetsubo was lifted to point squarely at Hanzou's chest threateningly, the heavy stone never once dipping or wavering.

"¿okieR htiw enod uoy evah tahW?"
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:48 pm

"What?" He took a step back, drawing his small knife.

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:15 am

Kanna let out a snarl, gripping the club with both hands and taking up a readied stance.

"¿¡ooookieeeeR!? ¿sI? ¿erehW?"

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:18 am

Her mind's turned, thinks Dawei, but she has to be stopped.

He readies himself to attack her from ambush, thinking he will strive to knock her down so she can be restrained.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:30 am

"You aren't making any screee sense. I can't cricht understand what you're saying."

He didn't know what was going on. He wasn't going to fight her, but he wasn't going to let her hit him either. He quickly slashed his palm and whispered to the spirits as his blood dripped to the ground.

- - -
D11LN, Late Watch (Open), Casting Earth's Stagnation on Moon Kanna, 1 CR for Duration, TN 15, Dutiful Disciple, 2 Wounds Taken: 6d10o10k3 20

–2k0 penalty to all Agility based rolls
Water Ring lowered by 1 for movement
For 8 rounds

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:41 am

Kanna snarled angrily, her body bending slightly towards the earth at it was weighed down by the will of the kami. Her feet dragged as she began making her way towards Hanzou, heedless of anything else in her surroundings.

[If Dawei is still keen to try to jump Kanna, we will resolve that before any initiative or stance selections. ATN25]

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:59 am

(Keen, no. Regarding it as needed, yes.)

Seeing Kanna advance, Dawei leaps from his hiding place, rushing up from behind her to try to take her off of her feet. The flat of his sword strikes against the backs of her knees as he does so, the dull thwack cracking in the darkness, and he shoves into her to try to topple her.

(Attack roll 50, succeeding at forcing Knockdown attempt
Damage roll resulting in 27 Wounds, dice selected manually per GM permission
Contested Strength roll per Knockdown rules is 31)
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:07 am

Between the weight of the earth kami and Dawei, Kanna topples forward onto the ground. She tries to swing the club, but can't get any leverage from her position, and only ends up scrabbling in the dirt, eyes wild and mouth practically foaming. The string of curses she utters come out in the same backwards sounding pattern as everything else she's said up to this point, creating a disturbing mishmash of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Contested Str TN 31: 3d10o10 17

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:32 am

He was surprised by Dawei's strike, but Hanzou moved quickly, trying to tie the woman up with his rope.

- - -
D11LN, Late Watch (Open), Tying up Kanna, Untrained: 3d10 24

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:35 am

"Ware the camp!" Dawei bellows, hoping others will come to aid them as he, in some kind of strange, ironic reversal, sits as firmly on Kanna as he can.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Return to “The Camp”