[Day 11, Late Morning] Dragon and Phoenix (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 11, Late Morning] Dragon and Phoenix (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:39 am

"Naturally. I certainly didn't come here for my health."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:41 am

"Right!" Ok, she found a thread. Time to cling to it and see where it would lead this time.

"So, when you see a phoenix, you'd think of Shiba, yes? And that would make you happy, yes?"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:48 am

"Possibly. But only because I know about the connection."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:50 am

Saruko huffed and pouted with some annoyance. "You're no help, dummy!" While she had matured a lot since they first met, she was, and would probably always be, Shirayuki.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:53 am

"I'm sorry I just... don't think I grasp what you're getting at... we'd put a phoenix on a flag and hope everyone in camp gets the idea?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:55 am

"It would be a symbol of unity! Of the common purpose we all have here!"

Or maybe she was grasping at straws for ideas to keep up morale as they marched closer to hell.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:58 am

"Even the tribal types who barely grasp who Shiba is? I feel like we'd need to hold a meeting just to explain it to them..."

He paused.

"Maybe a Phoenix in the middle of a circle of the others? Like, the Dragon, the Spider, the Bat, the Ki-Rin, all in a ring around it? It would be a bit easier for someone new to the idea to pick up on."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:02 am

Her eyes alit as Sora grasped the idea, and even expanded upon it.

"Yes!"

Poor Sora would not have a chance to escape as she threw her arms around him in a big hug.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:04 am

"Uhm... you're welcome? Maybe some symbol for the Nezumi, too? Not in the circle, but adjacent to it in some way?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:41 am

"Hmm... yeah, the Nezumi should have a symbol too."

She let go of Sora, and was thinking further ahead now. "I think I have most of the supplies to make something too... it's going to take some time, but I think I can do it. Yes! I'm certain I can do it!"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:54 am

"Seems to be a consistent theme there."

He chuckled.

"As it stands, I much prefer your efforts to leaving this sort of thing to the Crane, so I'm glad you beat them to it."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:12 pm

"Nanzi's good at some things, but artistic stuff isn't his strong suit. Kaze is quite talented with poetry though." She certainly didn't seem to have anything against the latter.

"Kakuro's pretty good at making stuff... hmmmm... I haven't seen him around in a while. I hope he's ok after the swamp."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:01 am

"Probably as okay as any of us were after the swamp."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:48 am

"Well..." she paused for a moment. "Some are worse of than others... not everyone had strange dreams that led them into the swamp at night. I know I didn't. What about you?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:08 am

"Nah. Slept like a log that night."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:18 am

"None of the other Dragon had any strange calls out there either..." she had heard various talk of who went out, but she knew neither Nadare or Wu had been among them.

"Anyway, I should get back to fixing up this statue here... uh..." Saruko hesitated, looking at Sora cautiously. "I know she's already got one bodyguard but... keep an eye on Reiko, will you? I'm worried about her. And not because of these agents of Jigoku coming after us, and her."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:39 am

"Why, what's up?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:19 am

She gave a small shake of her head. "... I'm probably just being paranoid, and I sincerely hope it's not the case, but... she's admitted she doesn't trust Hantei's presence here. From her words, which I assume is from Fu Leng, she has said that Hantei threw Fu Leng further away from the rest."

Judging by Saruko's expression, she seemed to doubt that is what actually happened. In fact, she seemed confident that it wasn't the full truth. "I can understand wanting to believe the one she loves. I do. But I am worried about it warping her perception of things. And that the realm of Jigoku might be warping Fu Leng's perception as well, even if it hasn't yet managed to claim him."

Saruko gave him a very serious look. "Whatever my personal feelings, and yours, of Hantei are - I doubt he is here to see us fail. Or to cause harm."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:50 am

"His having brought his wife along certainly supports your point. Have you spoken to Hantei about this?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:55 am

"No... no I haven't spoken to anyone about it. Well, except you." she shook her head again. "... Do you think I should?"

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Camp”