[Day 11, Late Morning] Dragon and Phoenix (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 11, Late Morning] Dragon and Phoenix (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:36 am

"Because when I was a child, very little of this was in my heart or mind. I was hungry, afraid, and had no time for joy or beauty."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:56 am

Hearing Sora speak made her sadder. "Not even moments of whimsical imaginations?"

She sighed softly. "I hope this new world we're helping to create, will ease suffering like you had. That it will be safer. And with less starving children."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:03 am

"Whimsical imagination was not something the Spine of the World encouraged. I mostly imagined a full belly, or not getting warding gestures from the other kids. Part of why i do what I do, honestly. The Emperor's daughters are not... normal, in the way most people mean it. But I can treat them like they are."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:11 am

"Mm," she nodded, "that's good. Treating them as they are, I mean. Not that I imagine Shiba, Jiyo, or Yuzuru to make them... arrogant... it's good that they have uncle Sora to keep them grounded."

Saruko chuckled. "I intend to have a similar upbringing for my children."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:13 am

"Keep them grounded, sure... but also to just let them be kids. There'll be time enough for proper manners and weighty thoughts and saving the world when they get older."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:31 am

"Gosh, I hope there won't be more world-saving once we get Fu Leng out of here. If the world's getting saved, I would like it to stay saved!"

Despite the gloom of the task before them, she managed a laugh.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:49 am

"Oh, my dear, dear friend... the world always needs saving. I think it's one of the only things a Crane ever said that I embraced wholesale- 'gardens are not made by sitting in the shade.'"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:09 am

"Hmmmm..." it was a bit sad to think that there would always be conflit, and always a danger or catastrophe to be averted.

"... I just hope he can be saved." She said, as if finishing that moment of sadness with a more hopeful thought.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:31 pm

"Jigoku sought to get those skinriders close to Reiko. That means she's a threat. That means we have a chance."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:01 am

"The enemy knows who she is, and how important she is." She hoped it didn't know too much about everyone else as well.

She shook her head to dispel such thoughts. "I heard there's to be some sort of meeting later?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:14 am

"Sounds like. I'll be there. Might try to bring Ch'chit T'kkiri along, assuming he's willing, since the Nezumi have a lot of experience with this."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:48 am

"Your new romantic interest?" She teased him as she grinned widely.

"I guess I'll ask later how it went. Hopefully it goes well and people will be reasonable. And not the opposite."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:51 am

"Your optimism is... charming. I just hope nobody gets stabbed, punched, or kicked."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:55 am

"Optimism is part of hope, and that's our most important weapon here... hmmmm...." she looked thoughtful as something came to mind and her eyes begun studying Sora closer. No. Not him. His clothes.

"... Did Shiba settle on a symbol to represent him as Emperor? Or something to represent the Empire?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:59 am

Since other people in the game had referred to the Imperial Families as the Phoenix Clan, Sora's player decided to roll with it.

"We're starting to see some... phoenix iconography, but I believe that is more personal than Imperial."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:09 am

"Phoenix huh..." she cocked her head from side to side, smile growing wide as it seemed she had an idea.

"Maybe a banner or something, with his symbol on it, would give us all a sense of unity. A symbol of all of us!"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:12 am

He arched an eyebrow.

"Saying we all need to be reborn, Saruko?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:40 am

"No!"

She looked about for her bo to give Sora a thwack over the head, but her chance had already passed when she got a hold of it.

"Ok... maybe, but tha'ts not the point I'm trying to make. Uhmmm... hmmm... did the Hikaru have any kind of totem or something that was like a sign of the tribe? Like, you'd see someone with a specific kind of tattoo and you'd go: that's Hikaru alright."
Last edited by Togashi Saruko on Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:48 am

"Kind of? We mostly knew who was Hikaru because we saw them around. I mean, we wore similar furs, things had their own designs, but we were generally following whichever son of a bitch was toughest... we didn't really do visual symbols. It was more songs, dances, warcries. Bragging about whatever had been done that day."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:30 am

"Right..." she sighed. It was hard to explain what she was thinking of.

"So, uh, you really like Shiba, right? And you're here to fight in his place, right? Does it make you happy when you think of Shiba?"

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Camp”