[Day 11, Late Morning] Dragon and Phoenix (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 11, Late Morning] Dragon and Phoenix (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:01 pm

Just back from the ruins, Sora went looking for the Monkey Queen of the Dragon Clan, and the first friend he had made outside of the Hikaru.

A lot had happened since their last conversation, and he needed to catch up.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Re: [Day 11, Late Morning] Dragon and Phoenix (Expecting)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:02 pm

It was easy to find the Monkey Queen, Mother of Dragons, Teller of Stories, and Lady of the Dragon Clan, etc by her tent, hard at work with... painting a statue?

Given the hot weather, she was dressed down and had pinned her hair back in a tight braid. And didn't seem to notice Sora looking for her.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 am

He cocked his head to the side as he spotted her. Shook his head and smiled.

"Is there any artistic endeavor you don't do?"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:05 am

"Weeeell, there's lots of stuff I haven't tried yet, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around this flower arrangement thing that Doji spoke of once." There were a couple of others too that still didn't make a whole lot of sense.

"Your kinsman, Ayumu, is working on this shrine with the Seven Great Fortunes. I'm just helping out. A small place of worship these days seem like a fine idea, no?"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:07 am

"I've never been terribly pious, but if it helps our group's morale, it's a good idea."

He half-smiled.

"Ayumu's good at that sort of thing."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:51 am

"Oh? Maybe you should try it sometime... Reiko holds a lot of belief in the prayers, especially when we keep Fu Leng in them."

Bringing it up marred her positivity for a moment, and she settled into a more neutral expression.

"I spoke with Shinsei about the library-idea, and he was very enthusiastic about it too - I even suggested he might be one of the first contributors to it, seeing that he has so much to teach."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:10 am

"Well, that's good, because I definitely wanted his wisdom included. I've also asked Anjing Xia if she wouldn't mind running the place once we get it built- she has the youth to see it through, and has more.... actual skill with the written word than I do."

A pause.

"Plus, a post of honor like that will allow us to make some small amends to the Crab for the way in which this expedition supplied itself. I had also thought of the Takemori- you know, Ryoko's tribe? I think their caravans could be a good way to carry the lore and information throughout the Empire.""

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:13 am

"A central place sounds good, yes, though in time, I would hope for it to spread all over the Empire too. So that anyone can have the chance to learn and grow, even if they aren't able to travel far."

She raised an eyebrow with some curiosity.

"Firstly, what do you mean how this expedition supplied itself. And secondly, who is Ryoko? I don't think I've heard of the Takemori..."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:16 am

"Oh, long term, I would have libraries in every corner of the Empire, free for any to visit as they needed."

At her questions, he shrugged.

"I happen to know that many with us procured supplies by either theft or intimidation. It is not a thing the Crab will forget. As to Ryoko and the Takemori- she's the horned girl? Comes from a tribe of nomadic herders, who have a gift for music. It seemed a good fit."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:18 am

"Oh." She had seen the horned girl once at the firecamps. "... Wouldn't a herd move somewhat slow? Well... hmmm... I suppose it depends on what they're herding. Goats were rather stubborn to be herded, in my experience."

Saruko tapped her fingers against the statue between her hands. Luckily missing any painted area. "We also need to be able to copy up enough to distribute that way. Enough paper, enough writers to write copies."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:57 am

"I don't know that herders in wagons move much slower than people on foot... but it's an idea, at any rate."

He nodded at the second point.

"I might ask Kinyôbi to round up some of her peers- we'd probably need to ask the Isawa, I don't know who else could muster enough scribes."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:11 am

"Mm, I don't know either." Most of the people she had known most of her life didn't know how to read and write at all, though a few were slowly changing that.

"But it's an idea, yes. Once we have information that can be distributed, it's certainly something to keep in mind." At that point, it was a little bit out of her hands. Her writing wasn't that good enough yet to be used as a decent scribing.

"... How are you doing otherwise, Sora? Anything else that's developed?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:39 am

"Oh, more of the same, more of the same- although the better I get to know our Nezumi comrades, the more I like them."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:44 am

That made her laugh at least, easing her concerns. "Why am I not surprised that you're getting on well with our furry friends. Anything in particular that has come up to cause this newfound brotherhood?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:43 am

"They're direct. None of this polite bullshit Doji and Nanzi seem to think is a good thing. You always know where you stand."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:37 am

"That is good to know. Some people like to confuse themselves, even those who think they're direct sometimes," she chuckled a little.

"... Oh, right. There was something I wanted to show you, since we were talking about teaching and knowledge. I know a lot of the other followers of the Kami have started writing their own opinions on things, and... well... since some people have started to look to me for guidance, and I've had a lot of time to think and write after the birth of my children... I've been writing too."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:45 pm

"Good. I'd rather read a list of your laundry than some blithering about how we need to turn Ningen-Do into a perfect reflection of Tengoku."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:26 pm

"I hope you will find it a bit more enlightening than just mere scribbles," she chided playfully and found the text to pass it over to Sora.

------

More or less the gist of it: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24&p=824#p824

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:29 am

He scanned it. Gave a sort of sad half-smile.

"I like it. I could never live it, but I like it a lot."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:32 am

"I'm glad you like it." She actually seemed relieved at the positive feedback. "But why do you look sad?"

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Camp”