A Concern Or Paranoia? (D11 EA)

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Re: A Concern Or Paranoia? (D11 EA)

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:52 am

Black Moonset continued out of the camp without acknowledging the Whatzi.

/exit for realsies
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:54 am

Reiko shook her head and sighed.

"It seems the Nezumi often act without waiting for permission from the affected party. Perhaps it is in their nature. Please stand down Nanzi-san, I do not take offense for the cultural differences of the Nezumi."
Wu wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:50 am
Wu carefully noted the Nezumi's proposal then considered it.

''The Nezumi have more experience in fighting the evil oozes from wound in the world. I see wisdom in choosing to close that wretched pit if we get the opportunity.'' he calmly interjected before turning to Reiko

''We cannot force your husband to do anything...but should he accept we may need to cease the moment.''
"I will give Fu Leng the information once we have saved him and give him a chance to revoer, and let him decide. That is what I've stated multiple times now" Reiko nodded.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:56 am

Reiko wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:54 am
Reiko shook her head and sighed.

"It seems the Nezumi often act without waiting for permission. Perhaps it is in their nature. Please stand down Nanzi-san, I do not take offense for the cultural differences of the Nezumi."
“Of course, dearest friend. This was simply a cultural misunderstanding that Nanzi is sure Jiyo-san will educate the Nezumi on in the future since he came at his behest,” he said taking a seat and smoothing out his clothing.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:58 am

''We may not have that time. The Nezumi may not have that time. They are fighting a losing war...every delay may lose us the shamans needed to perform the ritual.'' he replied on an even tone to the spider's bride
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:01 am

Sora spoke quietly.

"Reiko-sama. I have only one thing further to add on this proposal before we move on. Your husband is the Kami whose knowledge of the Spirit Realms is the greatest. When you present the idea to him... please ask if there is any other way, or if this is the only chance. We cannot do this- now or later- without his express consent. Now that there is a possible plan, he should know of it. We owe him the chance to make his own choice on the matter."

He turned to Nanzi. Smiled.

"I am certain that the Fearless Warrior of Black Moonset is merely concerned with the existential threat to his people and their entire culture. It is a great burden, and one that he has born up as well as he can, traveling among people who look and smell much like the ones who kept him hostage. Perhaps his civility will improve in more salubrious circumstances, should he ever find any. I am not sorry to have invited him, but in future, I will see about easing such cultural misunderstandings."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:03 am

"It seems the Spider have spoken, respect their decision," Nanzi added.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:06 am

''Fu Leng should be made aware as soon as possible. As I said, there is no delay to be had.''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:09 am

Wu wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:06 am
''Fu Leng should be made aware as soon as possible. As I said, there is no delay to be had.''
Nanzi just glanced to Reiko, in a supportive manner, to see if she had a response. He felt concern for her, she had made her stance clear he thought.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:13 am

Reiko started to look annoyed.

"Do any of you here know what it is like to be tortured? To be held against your will while your body, your mind, perhaps your immortal soul, is attacked?"

She looked at Wu, then Sora, then at the others.

"I have witnessed first hand what the realm of evil is doing to Fu Leng. The pain, the suffering, it would have crushed all of you ten times over before even a month had passed, yet he has fought this for over five years. And after we save him, finally free him from this eternal torment, you want the first thing we ask him to be 'can we use the last essence of your connection to the heavens' without any idea what that even does to a being from Tengoku? You wish to thrust him back into that risk without even a single moment of recovery?"

She clenched her fists.

"The Realm of Evil has spent all this time trying to make him feel worthless, and you want him to be pulled out just to be used as a tool without any time to get past what that place has done. No. He will be given time to recover first. If this is so important, get Hantei to do it, he still has the shine of divinity."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:20 am

Sora had meant it when he had said he had only one thing to add, so he didn't mean to reply.

But he arched an eyebrow at the mention of Hantei.

"The Lord of the Stag is free to make any such offer as he sees fit, but we will no more compel him than we would Fu Leng. Such a choice must be made freely."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:25 am

"Or the Kirin," Nanzi added.

"That seems a decision for the Kami to decide if they so choose, but it's a huge gamble for an unsure outcome," Nanzi advised.

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:27 am

Jin had not been invited so Jin had held his tongue.

But the question had been posed....

The scarred man, missing and eye, missing a hand, all due to sacrifices and pain... but for the grater good... spoke up, "Yes. Some of us do."

"I have given much to make this world better. Endured so, so much to make this world better. Yet I would still give more. I would give my life... and may yet need to do so. I would give my soul. I would give my very essence, my Name if that is what it took."

He looks at all those gathered and their petty, mortal squabbles, "I understand not wanting to risk someone you care for. My own students march with us towards certain death and all I can do is try to prepare them. But the Nezumi is right. The pit needs to be closed. It was not our goal, that is true, but it is what needs to happen. We have seen the creatures it creates, the pain it causes, the suffering and torment and that is with it held at bay. If the pit is left open it does not matter if we save him. If the pit is open it does not matter the Empire we build. It will all be for naught. It will end in suffering and death for everyone. For all of us and for future generations."

He shakes his head sadly, "If another Kami's name is powerful enough to make that sacrifice and they wish to do so then so be it. But the pit must be closed."

It was probably the most any had ever heard the man speak in a turn. And it was certainly the most heartfelt an argument he had ever made.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:30 am

"Jin-san is correct, the portal must be closed" Reiko nodded "Hantei has more shine than the other stars, even with my eyes I can see it. He is also more prepared, and has not spent the last five years being tortured. Perhaps the question should be put to those who have not suffered in such a way first? Why must we force it upon Fu Leng?"

It's all his fault anyway she thought bitterly to herself.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:33 am

Sora simply looked at Shinjo.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:36 am

Nanzi sighed looked to his side briefly and then said, "Now we are carving up kami for sacrifice with little explanation of what this Name magic will do, if anything. We are going on the word of Nezumi who does not seem to know the magic involved, to give up their Name... to do something we have no idea will work? Nanzi likes a heroic plan built on nothing but overconfidence but this sounds highly foolhardy."

"We need more information before we even entertain something that may be nothing more than a goat chase through the snow barefoot."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:37 am

"Too late for that, Nanzi-sama, you just described this entire expedition."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:39 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:37 am
"Too late for that, Nanzi-sama, you just described this entire expedition."
"To rescue Fu Leng," he said in reply.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:42 am

"And do we even have a particularly clear idea of what that will entail when we reach him? Do we actually know if any but the Kami will be able to resist the corruption of Jigoku as we get closer? This has all been a long-shot- one everyone here believes in."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:44 am

"You may need belief, but Nanzi has Duty and Honor and, Honor is stronger than Iron, he will do what he is asked or die trying," he replied.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:46 am

Reiko raised her hand between Nanzi and Sora, trying to stop the argument, before looking to Shinjo.

"Honoured Swift Star-sama, do you have anything you are able to offer on this subject of Tengoku name and Nezumi magic?"

Return to “The Camp”