A Concern Or Paranoia? (D11 EA)

Shinjo

Re: A Concern Or Paranoia? (D11 EA)

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:56 am

Shinjo went quiet and then finally said, "Because Fu Leng is the only one whose connection to Tengoku is fully intact. He's the only one whose... Name... would have enough ability to channel that energy to close it. I think I understand what the Nezumi is getting at. He's not wrong, and it could work. It might be the only way. Certainly the only one available to us. It would be up to him, but he would have to make the choice as soon as he stepped through. Mortality hits quickly."

"I think... I need to speak with Shinsei. We were close to a finished plan, and this request would have to be integrated into it because of the immediacy. Shinsei is more the expert on matters involving the spirit realms."

She bit her lip. "Fu Leng doesn't take offenses against lightly. I suspect he will feel that if he must become mortal and lose that aspect of his Name anyway, he might as well strike at Jigoku with it."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:57 am

"I am just a lowly Artisan, I only speak now as Nazo is not in attendance. The Nezumi said the shaman would wrest the 'sky-people' name from him and leave him with a 'normal' name. I spoke of Name once before with Ch'Jak'Matt." (She pronounced the name decently, after having practiced considerably)

"It seems Name gives power, and strength and Names are usually added to, but rarely ever changed. This one is worried the Nezumi wish to strip a Kami of his power with their name magic, perhaps making him a mere mortal? If that is what 'normal' means?"

"I wish one of our priesthood or Lady Nazo herself could speak to provide insight."
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:58 am

Though he would have supported her if she had chosen to sacrifice her essence, if she has been able to, there was a slight was of relief over Jin's features that the perceptive might catch when he learned that Shinjo could not do so.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:00 am

Nanzi looked to Reiko as this was pretty much counter to her intentions.

"Nanzi knows he is your brother but should not Reiko-san be involved with these plans, as well as Shinsei?" he asked.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:02 am

"Yes, we need her, too."

"Ryoshun-san, Mortality will afflict him anyway, as it did all of us except Hantei."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Run by GM Canary

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:06 am

Reiko looked disappointed as Shinjo spoke.

"So again it must be Fu Leng who suffers this. Trapped in the realm of evil because of anothers actions and he must pay the highest price."

Then she paused.

"Wait, you say Hantei is different? Why?"
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:07 am

Well, that went better than expected.

Sora simply bowed to Shinjo.

Then to Reiko.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:16 am

"I suspect because he has the favor of our mother," she said with a slight frown. "Tengoku, to put it another way, retains more control over him."

Run by GM Canary

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:17 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:50 am
Umeno spoke up from the side. "How many people are there in all the clans and tribes? I doubt anyone has even a close guess. How much jade is there in Rokugan? There's enough for our expedition, rationed, but for all those people?"

"Besides that, even if we had enough jade for everyone, or enough to make certain we could check everyone... imagine the paranoia that could cause. We don't need to tell everyone the why of course, but the first time someone finds out that a shapeshifter could be anyone, anywhere..." The Scorpion shrugged. "The problem could be quite real, but I believe it'll take more thought than just 'jade for everyone and every greeting'."
"Statues. Jade Statues. Have them at important places. When people arrive, they can touch them for the blessings of Tengoku. That will work somewhat."

She listened to the debate about name quietly. She knew nothing of magic. But could the Shadowlands Taint his name somehow?
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:18 am

"Then perhaps he should be the one to offer his name if he still has that divinity" Reiko crossed her arms "let him do it."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:25 am

Xia is visibly concerned but sticks to documenting the meeting for now.
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:28 am

Reiko wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:18 am
"Then perhaps he should be the one to offer his name if he still has that divinity" Reiko crossed her arms "let him do it."
"His divinity is incomplete," she said. "He's mortal like the rest of us. Reiko-san, whether my brother gives up his divinity as part of this plan or loses it to this world's death curse, he won't keep it. It will be his choice how he loses it. That's all."
Ninube wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:17 am
"Statues. Jade Statues. Have them at important places. When people arrive, they can touch them for the blessings of Tengoku. That will work somewhat."
Shinjo nodded at that. "A clever work around."

Run by GM Canary

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:42 am

"How does this Name magic work then? Can someone explain to us how this works, because it seems like that is the plan now and frankly this is the first Nanzi has even heard of this?" he said to the group.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:00 am

What a shame that you tried to challenge the one we had here who was best-informed on the subject. What. A. Pity.

And what a pity, seeing his distrust validated, he allowed himself to be driven off like that.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:02 am

"This one managed to speak at some length with the Big Rat. As I had been told, Nezumi have at least three roles in society: rememberers, warriors, and shaman. The shaman is the one who names the nezumi and their weapons. I do not know if all weapons have names."

"Nezumi pups gain a name after two years. If they prove themselves mighty, strong, or smart they might gain more Name. As stated before, this is rarely changed though. I asked where it is added within the name, but Ch'Jak'Matt did not know."

"Name is given to weapons either during forging or soon after. Names rarely change, but sometimes have more Name added during battle. The shamans know the details of how this works. The Nezumi said 'the stronger his name, the stronger his Axe's name reacts, therefore more enemies die.' I don't quite understand that bit. This is all I learned."
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:07 am

"Then because Fu Leng's name is powerful and tied to Tengoku it can counter the effects of the portal, and losing that name will only bring his mortality? It seems simplistic, Nanzi's only concern is what it could do Fu Leng. What if he loses more than just his divine nature what if he loses something of his self. Name's have power and we gladly just give it up and he will be the one living with the consequences no matter the outcome," he said thoughtfully.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:17 am

Shinjo takes a deep breath, and says, "I admit, I don't know the full details. I know that... our parents, the sun and moon... From what understand from the description, it sounds very much like what they used to define the world. It deals with identity so fundamental that changing it has power over the thing."

"If anyone knows about it in detail, it would be Fu Leng himself." She looked to Reiko. "I imagine if you told him what we discussed here, he could likely explain and give his own assessment. He might even have suggestions on how to do it to minimize side effects on him. If he wants to do it, and if he knows it the way I suspect. If he doesn't wish to, we won't."

Run by GM Canary

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:30 am

"I don't understand much of anything that is going on here, but something to consider is there are still many, though certainly not a majority, who have had doubts such as I about the role the Kami have in our world. If one were to make a sacrifice and give up their powers completely, it would show everyone that they are on the side of humanity and wish to do nothing more than they say, uplift, guide, and protect us all."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:36 am

Seidou Satone wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:30 am
"I don't understand much of anything that is going on here, but something to consider is there are still many, though certainly not a majority, who have had doubts such as I about the role the Kami have in our world. If one were to make a sacrifice and give up their powers completely, it would show everyone that they are on the side of humanity and wish to do nothing more than they say, uplift, guide, and protect us all."
"The kami have nothing to prove to man, any more than anyone else, and this is a meeting of the Clans last Nanzi checked, so your input on what a leader of the Clans should do is received, but poorly received," he said looking at the woman.

OOC: Courtier: 4d10o10k3 17 Why are you here?

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:47 am

Satone raises her hands

"I only wish to give a voice to those who may yet still be hesitant to join your empire, and offer what may help show them you all have their best interest at heart and are not just conquerors. I mean no offense at the suggestion. It is appropriate for me to be here to see how things work in this new world that is being offered."

----------
Eti/Awa 18
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Return to “The Camp”