A Concern Or Paranoia? (D11 EA)

Nanzi

Re: A Concern Or Paranoia? (D11 EA)

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:56 am

“You assume you speak for those that are hesitant? You presume a great deal to speak for a great few, child of Seidou. Many of yours have joined the Crab, more will soon do so in the days and years to come. The Kami have proven their worth, it has been five years of growth and stability, if you wish to remain hesitant then do so. The Empire is not lacking for new people,” he said to the woman.

“We have brought better methods of farming, living, and protection. Emperor Shiba has shown no intention of making war on your peoples, but he has nothing to prove to you either. That was done on the Hill of Seppun when the Sun shown for a day, a whole day and there was no night. Those of us that have chosen to follow a Kami have our reasons and they are varied but we did so without force or threat of violence. We chose it. You insult their Honor to claim they will demand otherwise of you.”

“Choose your words better, child of Seidou.”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:02 am

Keeping her hands raised, Satone closes her eyes and bows her head, taking a step back to show she has nothing more to say.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:56 am

Nanzi wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:42 am
"How does this Name magic work then? Can someone explain to us how this works, because it seems like that is the plan now and frankly this is the first Nanzi has even heard of this?" he said to the group.
"I talked with Agasha a few nights ago. She had talked a lot with the Nezumi. There seems to be a connection to the Nezumi and their magic to the Realm of Dreams." Ninube turns to her Champion. "I do not know the consequences. I will follow the wisdom of my Kami and Reiko-sama." She gives a smile reassuring her that she has Ninube's support at least regardless of what she decides to do, then Ninube turns back to the conversation.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:00 am

Umeno had remained quiet for a long time. She had known others were better at speaking than she was, that they had trained themselves to speak and to make their points eloquently.

There was doubt in her after all that if that was true.

When she spoke up, it was with quiet conviction. "A part of this whole affair of improving ourselves from what we were to what we are to become under the guidance of the Kami," and at that she gave a bow of her head toward Shinjo, "is that we would dedicate ourselves to the betterment of the society around us and the people in it. The entire original point of this meeting that Ninube-san called was to help protect people from danger, no? To use this magic rock that turned up to make certain our cities and towns are safe from creatures of corruption and evil."

"Bayushi-Kami and his followers have said we will do whatever it takes to make certain that is done. Some have whispered that there are things that go too far, but I would have to see them to wish harm to Rokugan without trying them." She looked to Shinjo directly now. "Shinjo-Kami, you seem to be the one that knows the most about all this. It was you that said your brother's both might have the connections to close the portal, that it is doubtful that anyone else could do so. If there is any doubt, any chance, then I would ask that we discover it. We do not know Fu Leng-Kami's answer yet, and we all agree we must wait and ask him if he would make such a sacrifice. The same would be true if Hantei-Kami could do so."

"I am here now however, and my answer would be the same even if you did not ask me. There is no question that I would give myself for the safety and good of the rest of the realm. If giving up my name would save everyone, no matter what that might mean and how horrible it might be, I would do so in a heartbeat. Are you certain that there is nothing a mortal man or woman could do to close the rift. If there was, I would do so without hesitation, even if my soul were to be eternally damned."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:40 am

"I agree with Bayushi-San. If we mortals can accomplish so monumental a task, no matter the sacrifice , then we should. Our lives are shorter and more transient than the Kami. We are many, and comparatively unwise in the shadow of the Kami. We owe it to the Kami, to our Clans, and to future generations to save Fu Leng, no matter the cost."
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:55 am

Satone steps forward again, her hands back at her sides.

"If I may...there is a way."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:17 am

Seidou Satone wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:55 am
Satone steps forward again, her hands back at her sides.

"If I may...there is a way."
"Speak quickly," Nanzi answered.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:24 am

"I feel the need to point out - again - that my brother will become mortal even if we do nothing but retrieve him," she said. "But sure, might as well explore this."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:54 am

"The words of the Scorpion woman have reminded me of something one of the Shoji told me. She is the blind priestess who isn't Haruyo in this expedition. She says that in their lands, they also have one of these gateways, and they are able to seal it for ten years at a time by conducting a ritual. The ritual sacrifices a human who can speak with spirits, binding them in spiritual ropes. So, that may work for this gateway we are going to as well. I do not know any more details than this however, that is all she told me. Oh, and that normally the sacrifice is willing, but sometimes not. And that it is painful."

She then nods her head again and steps back to allow the others to discuss the option.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:58 am

"Well let's speak with Fu Leng before resorting to the barbarism of human sacrifice. The ways of the Shoji are known and may have merit but it seems we have a plan as Shinjo-sama has stated," Nanzi replied.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:15 pm

"Who knows if it would do the same? Is there a size difference? And the spirit realm difference probably would make an important difference." Ninube clearly does not like the idea of a regular sacrifice to the Realm of Evil.

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:25 pm

"Fu Leng-Kami is a free man, with the option to refuse to give up his name. It is merely a good idea to think of other options," she said evenly.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:37 pm

Shinjo's hand went to her forehead. "Yes... Let's not engage in human sacrifice to the Realm of Evil. I imagine it would be all too enthusiastic to encourage us to believe it worked temporarily."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:39 pm

"The Nezumi do not think the Name of a human would be sufficient in any event. If it were, the option would have been presented- no Courtesy kept the matter from being broached."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:02 pm

"Then what are our options, if any, if both Kami do not wish to give up their names?" Umeno kept her same even tone and expression, almost an On, if such existed yet. "Please, do not keep getting exasperated and discouraged. Many of us were sent here to help not knowing about Jigoku or name magic or such. The Nezumi was sent away in bad feelings because of the choice of Fu Leng-Kami, and it brought many heated emotions from more than a few of you that helped nothing. Seidou-san merely seeks alternate answers, the same as myself. If there is truly nothing mortal beings can do, then we will have no choice but to wait, but it is the nature of a protector of others to seek those possibilities."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:44 pm

"Looking at other possibilities is a good thing, but we should probably consider if it would work. I don't know much about the Spirit Realms, but they are different. What works for one, may not work for other." Ninube considers. "What I have learned, Name magic might work. It seems it is tied to the Realm of Dreams which itself seems resistant to Jigoku. But human sacrifice? Why should it work?" Ninube thinks of a way to put her thinking. "Some animals eat plants. Some eat other animals. But they won't survive eating what the other eats. Why should we expect the Spirit Realms are different? Wouldn't each want what they want?"

Ninube shakes her head. "I'm for listening to other ideas, but not this. Not when we have no reason it to expect it to work." She gestures to Shinjo. "Shinjo-kami likely knows the most about the Spirit Realms out of any of us. She has already said the Jigoku is likely to trick us. We know it's tricky and crafty. This is one option that we should throw out unless we have more proof that it would do anything."

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:25 pm

Umeno listened intently before giving a slight bow. "Thank Ninube-san for speaking out your objection to Seidou-san's contribution. It is, as you have said flawed. I believe yourself, Shinjo-Kami, Jiyo-sama, Nanzi-sama, and myself have all already said as much in different ways and in fewer words, but a more well spoken argument just in case is always welcome."

"I apologise if I was not clear before in my own words, but I sought new ideas, not further refutation of old." She let out a slow breath, finding some balance. "If there is no other idea, then we may have to go back to the very start of this meeting and better figure out measures for protecting Rokugan from the possibility of creature's from Jigoku deeper within our lands, hai?"

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:10 pm

Ninube wondered if she had been insulted. She suspected she had, but was unsure. Well, she had apparently misunderstood the Scorpion, so best to just to consider them even.

"I understand. I support the motion as well." She gave the Scorpion a slight bow in return, hoping to soothe over any misunderstandings.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:23 pm

"On the matter of the organization I proposed... I would hope to see it staffed by members of every Clan- both to insure that the information needed to fight Jigoku's influence is not kept secret from anyone, and also because these officers should know the lands and populations they safeguard. It would have Imperial authority, but would not necessitate a direct Imperial presence as such. The Clans have plenty of capable people, and the job is important. If we establish Imperial libraries, we can also make sure the information is kept current as new discoveries are made."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:34 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:23 pm
"On the matter of the organization I proposed... I would hope to see it staffed by members of every Clan- both to insure that the information needed to fight Jigoku's influence is not kept secret from anyone, and also because these officers should know the lands and populations they safeguard. It would have Imperial authority, but would not necessitate a direct Imperial presence as such. The Clans have plenty of capable people, and the job is important. If we establish Imperial libraries, we can also make sure the information is kept current as new discoveries are made."
Xia underlines 'Imperial Libraries'
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Return to “The Camp”