A Concern Or Paranoia? (D11 EA)

Reiko

Re: A Concern Or Paranoia? (D11 EA)

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:58 pm

Shinjo wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:24 am
"I feel the need to point out - again - that my brother will become mortal even if we do nothing but retrieve him," she said. "But sure, might as well explore this."
"You and the other stars have slowly become mortal, but you still have your name. You are all still...you. We do not know what power can be taken from ones name. There is a difference between the divinity lost from a transfer between realms and divinity taken" Reiko said with a frown "but I will attempt to approach this topic with Fu Leng without Jigoku learning our plans. Which when he is trapped by a living realm, is not easy."

The topic of human sacrifice did also concern Reiko, but she added quietly "we do not know how different either suggestion is without true understanding of exactly the power of name magic. Who knows if stripping someone of their name may strip them of their soul? That would be a fate worse than death. I will...attempt to approach the Nezumi to learn more. I may need you to come as well Sora-san, as you appear to be on good terms with the Nezumi."

The library suggestion got a nod of approval.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:05 pm

Reiko wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:58 pm
"I may need you to come as well Sora-san, as you appear to be on good terms with the Nezumi."
"I will do all I can, although I think the... basic idea is that Fu Leng's Name- as it touches on Tengoku- will change or be lost anyway as he becomes mortal. But I will be the first to admit that that is a guess on my part, based upon the words of Ch'chit T'kkiri, Shinjo-kami, and my own... basic knowledge of the Spirit Realms. But we should consult the Nezumi further on this matter, if only to clarify the details of their intentions."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:14 pm

"Changing something is drastically different to removing it entirely, Sora-san. Thus why we need exactly what this would do. The Nezumi here first mentioned borrowing a name, then when pressed said Fu Lengs new name would be remembered, which does not imply borrowing at all, nor a retention of his name" Reiko sighed "this is information we don't have, nor time to truly see what the effects of using someones name has to that person."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:30 pm

He shrugged.

"As I said, I will try to arrange a meeting. Knowing that we are seriously considering the plan instead of simply brushing it aside should give them more impetus to go into detail. This means everything to them."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:45 pm

Nanzi agreed with Reiko, "There is something more to this, we need to know as much as we can about what this will do to Fu Leng. Libraries are obvious and the Crane see no reason not to pursue this. As for this organization, it can be reviewed when we return. It is beyond the scope of what this meeting should be."

"Nanzi still thinks that we should focus on rescue, but if this is the direction we are going now then so be it."
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:41 am

Seidou Satone wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:02 am
Keeping her hands raised, Satone closes her eyes and bows her head, taking a step back to show she has nothing more to say.
Wu records what is said and makes a few annotations in the margins. When the Seidou present steps back he gives her a respectful nod of acknowledgement.
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:08 am

"Changing a name is usually done by adding to it as Ch'Jak'Matt stated. So I imagine any corrupting would occur that way. Perhaps the Nezumi could remove a small part easier than the whole thing? We should ask their delegation, perhaps providing them with favors to aid they trust."
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:25 pm

"Once we understand better, we can allow Fu Leng to decide" Reiko nodded, giving Mai a smile "however regardless of the portal, the touch of Jigoku is in this realm already, and I believe Ninube-san called us here to discuss what to do with what is already in this world, portal or no portal. It is important to bring in measures, because the minions of the realm of evil can be as smart as they can be destructive."

She looked over the gathered masses.

"I have been informed that some have encountered the creatures some have termed 'skin wearers'. Such creatures can not only appear to be the person whose skin they steal, but they also can gain access to that persons memories, making them even more difficult to spot. We have begun the process of Jade greetings, which is wonderful, however once the enemy is aware of this I'm sure it will find methods to evade this as well. A sharing of knowledge and methods to detect such things will be vital upon returning from this mission."

Return to “The Camp”