Those Who Defend Planning

Reo

Re: Those Who Defend Planning

Post by Reo » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:38 pm

Seidou Satone wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:33 pm
I'd worry though that stuff like poison or knockdown or disarm and the like would be ineffective since its multiple enemies just combined into one. You should pop it in GM questions!
Already done :D

I don't know if it will work, but it's time to break out that Kumo venom sack too!
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Ko

Post by Ko » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:51 pm

Reo wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:38 pm
Seidou Satone wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:33 pm
I'd worry though that stuff like poison or knockdown or disarm and the like would be ineffective since its multiple enemies just combined into one. You should pop it in GM questions!
Already done :D

I don't know if it will work, but it's time to break out that Kumo venom sack too!
This being the Shadowlands, you never know if that's just going to make the beasties power up :lol:

But I guess it's all grist for the Dark Ebil Research mill...
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:02 am

So who's going to be on the front line?
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Ko

Post by Ko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:48 am

Seidou Satone wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:29 pm
But, since I've been in a fight, I should sit down.
Eh. I went in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We only have so many bruisers with thwompin' sticks, and I'm around today.
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:50 am

Honestly, I think everyone who feels like it should just jump in. It would be completely idiotic to not have enough characters and autofail because players are afraid of underperforming.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:18 am

Ko will be given a Finger of Jade by Saruko to be used for coating weapons.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Ko

Post by Ko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:26 am

Oooh.

Ko says thank you!

I could probably share half if someone else in the thread also needs some, assuming 1 finger of jade makes 10 'servings.'

Ko

Post by Ko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:27 am

Also, we still have two spots open. Who else was interested?

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:29 am

Most people I think are offline. Despite it still being lockdown for most places, I think a majority of our players still have day jobs to go in and work at.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:35 am

Ko wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:26 am
Oooh.

Ko says thank you!

I could probably share half if someone else in the thread also needs some, assuming 1 finger of jade makes 10 'servings.'
One 'serving' is a day's worth so one finger will provide seven if it hasn't suffered any decay yet.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:06 am

8 hours has been given. There's time for people to arrive. Given the importance of this combat, it's fair to take time and make sure the team is solid.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:21 am

It's okay, it's filled.

With half of the spider smashing team and half of the bandit smashing team.

Let's hope there will be spider bandits on the other side.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:23 am

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:21 am
It's okay, it's filled.

With half of the spider smashing team and half of the bandit smashing team.

Let's hope there will be spider bandits on the other side.
Taochusu, Satone and Ko all have proven track records as absolute murder machines, and Reo's demonstrated an appallingly nasty habit of carrying around horrible poisons and solid skills at hitting things with a bow. I'm rooting for them.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:19 pm

Ok, so Ko and Reo both get an action and then their intermission, where Inga and myself only have an intermission (Tauchusu has used both)

Since intermission is only 1 round, there's not a ton that we can do. If someone has medicine, it would be great to get some heals up if we can.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:39 pm

If I tracked the battle properly we're at (measuring out of Down status since at that point the rest doesn't really matter):

Reo 35 or 25 out of 51 (I assume he'll void that last hit but it hasn't happened yet)
Inga 50 or 40 out of 64 (Not mention of voiding the second hit she took, that round passed so I think this 50 is accurate)
Taochusu 17 out of 46
Satone 56 out of 106
Ko 4 out of ??

So Inga is most in need of healing if anyone has medicine (the character may want to die but we can hopefully keep her swinging a few more rounds).
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Inga

Post by Inga » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:35 pm

I have a med kit and medicine but not wound treatment. even though the character is here to die, she wants to take as many enemies she can to the grave.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:54 pm

Inga wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:35 pm
I have a med kit and medicine but not wound treatment. even though the character is here to die, she wants to take as many enemies she can to the grave.

We need to up our damage output. Inga, can you switch to bow? or did you get that sword? Keeping only 1 damage die is even if you have better attack rolls with it isn't as good mechanically speaking as keeping 2 damage dice. you can make up some of the difference on the attack roll by swsitching to full attack for +2k1, the -10 to your TN to be hit won't make much a difference, we are going to get hit pretty much either way.

Inga

Post by Inga » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:16 pm

Would GM allow me to have a sword

But will switch to bow and take a better position.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Return to “Out of Character Chat”