Goal Collaboration

Jiyo Sora

Re: Goal Collaboration

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:20 pm

All right, let's get the library tally running so we can figure out who DOESN'T need to spend a point on it.

It's been my baby, my whipping boy, so I pretty much HAVE to give a point. More, if required.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:20 pm
All right, let's get the library tally running so we can figure out who DOESN'T need to spend a point on it.

It's been my baby, my whipping boy, so I pretty much HAVE to give a point. More, if required.
As co-founder of the idea, I will put a point towards it.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:48 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:49 pm
Looks like there's a lot more people asking for points than offering them.
I had a suspicion we'd all have lots of very neat plans. So I think my hesitation has returned. I'll withdraw my own request. I think, if folks wanted kiho this early, they would speak up. So we'll take to games on that one, and I've got my plan. ^-^ I'm good on points.

I am, however, looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with together. Some of this stuff sounds really great.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:52 pm

I like that we can continue to build upon a goal next game though (since it's already been announced that next game will do the same system, and we know we can "invest" so to speak).

Some goals require time to complete, especially big ones, so I feel it makes sense to make it something that takes time to develop. :) And I like the idea of being able to build on something over the course of multiple games, even with different characters.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Yes. The banking has been a helpful addition and clarification to the system. I like it quite a bit.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:38 pm

Ninube wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:00 am
Wu wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:58 am
I will burn GD and all of my points to make punching a crane in the face an acceptable courteous greeting in court. From then on crabs will happily sends 'delegations' to the lands of the crane for very merry greetings
The other Dragons hearing about this will gasp with shock and start wondering how you could say such a thing. Togashi, knowing what Nanzi has done, will just give you the nod of approval.
Is Togashi Omniscient or something this is probably a joke but Nanzi has done nothing publicly that I know of other than being a stickler for etiquette.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Ko

Post by Ko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:19 pm

Inventing monks/kiho might not be a thing for player effort alone, anyway. And there's definitely no hurry, we haven't even really explored all the existing character creation possibilities in the setting yet.

I am starting to get attached to my originally only semi-serious suggestion of getting Akodo to make a love-match with a Ningyo bride (instead of Shiba, who was the one to get that story beat in canon but is very happily taken in this setting). If one other person finds that compelling and wants to kick a point toward having their PC narratively involved in playing nakodo, I'm game to share. Otherwise I *think* I can make the math work on my own.

(PS. yes, Togashi canonically has excellent clairvoyance/foresight/prophecy/whatever you want to call it. It's why he so rarely, uh, does anything ever--magic dragon men who see the whole pattern of probability consequently want to make any changes very selectively and surgically.)
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:29 pm

That just makes Togashi sound like a huge asshole.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Ko

Post by Ko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:30 pm

Like most of the kami! :lol:

Edit: I thought Shoji Haka's player used this excellently in the most recent Hollow Throne game, too. *hunts*

Out of the blue, to a secretly-Kolat character:
Togashi Motaro wrote:Motaro doesn't even glance in Iko's direction.

"Put down the quill. Your masters do not need a report just yet."
Leading to that PC having a quiet heart attack...
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:48 pm

Nanzi wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:38 pm
Ninube wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:00 am
Wu wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:58 am
I will burn GD and all of my points to make punching a crane in the face an acceptable courteous greeting in court. From then on crabs will happily sends 'delegations' to the lands of the crane for very merry greetings
The other Dragons hearing about this will gasp with shock and start wondering how you could say such a thing. Togashi, knowing what Nanzi has done, will just give you the nod of approval.
Is Togashi Omniscient or something this is probably a joke but Nanzi has done nothing publicly that I know of other than being a stickler for etiquette.
Yes. It is a joke about Togashi's omniscience.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:27 pm

Nanzi wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:29 pm
That just makes Togashi sound like a huge asshole.
Of all the Kami in canon timeline, Togashi was probably the biggest asshole only second to Fu Leng. :lol:

(I still dig Togashi though)

Theme 2Profile

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:31 pm

Back on topic, Ryoko is trying to preserve the future of her tribe by finding them a place in the empire, and the Jiyo have suggested a solution that leverages their unique culture, helping the Imperials spread the culture/education/law of Shiba with their rolling caravans. This would likely help to support and expand the reach of the Imperial library project.

That said, the process of doing this could use 2-3 pts to help achieve, so if anyone feels a desire to chip in, please feel free to PM me. Thanks!
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:33 pm

Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:31 pm
Back on topic, Ryoko is trying to preserve the future of her tribe by finding them a place in the empire, and the Jiyo have suggested a solution that leverages their unique culture, helping the Imperials spread the culture/education/law of Shiba with their rolling caravans. This would likely help to support and expand the reach of the Imperial library project.

That said, the process of doing this could use 2-3 pts to help achieve, so if anyone feels a desire to chip in, please feel free to PM me. Thanks!
You get 3 points.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:40 pm

Nanzi wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:33 pm
Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:31 pm

You get 3 points.
I was including my points. Bringing the tribe in to do the job fully would require 5pts in total.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:37 am

For anyone with free points that would like to donate to a good cause.

Kinsen wants to have as many children as she can. Hantei born, preferably. But also adopted. Up to the donator to define, though.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:39 am

Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:16 am

Mai has two of her points spoken for in the development of a weapon for the Spider clan. So... I guess her last point goes to the Bat for whatever and she remains single?
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:50 am

Thinking it's probably best to be perfectly open about goals needing several persons or this will become a mess to track.

At the moment, I intend to give:
1 point to Sora's library system
1 point to Ryoko's teaching minstrel family
1 point to Miuna's widespread adoption of sign language
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:00 am

With Saruko and Ayumu, the library system is 1 point from completion. Just, you know, tossing that out there, so i can know how generous I can be with my other two...
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:12 am

I have 1 tied up for marriage. I intended 2 to go towards bloodless casting.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Return to “Out of Character Chat”