Memorable Moments in History

Ninube

Re: Memorable Moments in History

Post by Ninube » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:48 pm

I'm loving all the Shinsei/Phi stuff.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:54 pm

I'm glad you're enjoying it, it's been a wonderfully unexpected mess of plot twists for me to play out on my end and just keeps getting better all the time.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:05 pm

Impressified works!
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:36 pm

Oh that wacky Lord Moon - what will he think of next....
Kanna wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:27 pm
Moments after the shrapnel clears, a hulking figure looms up out of the darkness, one arm cocked back as it drags a heavy tetsubo behind it, creating the scraping sounds of stone against stone. The light of the fire flickers against the figure, gradually reavealing its form...

Kanna, half armored and grunting more like a beast than any human, steps out into the light, her eyes wide and sweeping the darkness madly, pupils dilated near to distortion.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:29 am

Jin wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:27 am
Jin had not been invited so Jin had held his tongue.

But the question had been posed....

The scarred man, missing and eye, missing a hand, all due to sacrifices and pain... but for the grater good... spoke up, "Yes. Some of us do."

"I have given much to make this world better. Endured so, so much to make this world better. Yet I would still give more. I would give my life... and may yet need to do so. I would give my soul. I would give my very essence, my Name if that is what it took."

He looks at all those gathered and their petty, mortal squabbles, "I understand not wanting to risk someone you care for. My own students march with us towards certain death and all I can do is try to prepare them. But the Nezumi is right. The pit needs to be closed. It was not our goal, that is true, but it is what needs to happen. We have seen the creatures it creates, the pain it causes, the suffering and torment and that is with it held at bay. If the pit is left open it does not matter if we save him. If the pit is open it does not matter the Empire we build. It will all be for naught. It will end in suffering and death for everyone. For all of us and for future generations."

He shakes his head sadly, "If another Kami's name is powerful enough to make that sacrifice and they wish to do so then so be it. But the pit must be closed."

It was probably the most any had ever heard the man speak in a turn. And it was certainly the most heartfelt an argument he had ever made.

Dat roll, yo :lol: Seems like Orokos likes Jin on Day 11...
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:04 am

* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:10 am

Doji Kaze wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:04 am
Uh-oh.
*takes popcorn*
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:35 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:12 pm
-Nightmare Snip-
Breathtakingly awful content, Kinsen.
Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:19 am
-Nightmare Snip-
Holy crap. that's like the absolute reversal of the naked in front of the class nightmare. That really is awful and perfect. Both you and Kinsen get gold stars for those nightmares. ^_^
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:50 am

<3
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:20 am

An OOC Memorable Moment!

Subject: Crippled Bone planning.
Togashi Nadare wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:19 am
Anjing Xia wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:18 am
Truly, we are samurai doctors without borders.
:lol:

Brilliant :D

THIS IS A THING NOW! AND I LOVE IT!
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:37 pm

Togashi Nadare wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:03 pm
Anjing Xia wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:59 am
Meanwhile, back under cover
"Fascinating technique Togashi-san, might I suggest-"
A nearby rat squeaks loudly in pain
"Uh, what I was going to say was-"
It squeaks again
"....I'll be right back."
Nadare chuckled and continued his work. "Unfortunately my nezumi language skills are nonexistent. Now. Does it hurt when I do this?"

Squeeeeeeek!

"Then I will not do that." He looked more closely. "Ah, I see the problem. We can fashion a splint for this injury."
Ladies and gentlemen, this is what Saruko had to live with during labor. :lol: :lol:
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:49 am

Subject: [Day 11, Early Evening] The Fine Art of Diplomacy (Expecting)
Ch’chit T’kkiri wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:45 am
“You hear voices in head? I no say keep Name... Why you try and be so opposite? You try hard no listen. Not clever.” He squeaked a couple of times.

“Use Name. Name be remembered by everyone not born. No one keep Name... use Sky-kingdom power to close portal. Can use Name for many things... but NO USE NAME FOR BAD. FALLEN-ROCK-MAN KEEP NAME.”

He said the capitalized sentences slightly slower and louder to make sure they were heard and processed.

When an 8 foot tall Rat-Rat does the "SPEAK THE QUEEN'S ENGLISH LOUD AND SLOW FOR THE DUMB PERSON TO UNDERSTAND" :lol:

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:43 am

Subject: Stag Party (D13, LE) OPEN
Seppun Chisei wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:35 am
"Yes." Chisei nodded agreeably. "That's a good idea. If we're not aware of our surroundings... we... we..." Chisei turned his head slowly, surveying the room, his eyes getting wider and wider.

"I wonder." He said. "If there's really spaces between the elements that make up all of matter, why can't we see through everything?" He said, speaking and smiling softly.
HAHAHAHHAAHH!

IT STARTED!
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:22 pm

Shoji Haka wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:31 pm
"The plan is we march south into certain death and then do something vague and save a god." She holds her hands out to her sides in a 'that's it's gesture.

"This one suspects that there is more enthusiasm than planning in this expedition."
She's not entirely wrong. :lol:

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:24 am

Canary wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:04 am
The water ripples quickly and then clears. The image of Matsu has changed from the young girl she is to a tall young woman holding a curved sword of silver-grey metal rather than bronze, dressed in armor emblazoned proudly with the symbol of the Spider Clan. She faces a dark figure even larger than she is, unclear in shape aside from the vague impression of horns. Matsu is poised in the still image, as though ready to attack. On either side of her are eight other figures, more vague, but there is an aura of destiny to them, as well.
So we need to outlaw horns... sorry Ryoko....
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:03 pm

Canary wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:02 pm
... It's... I will understand if you hear this and hesitate. It admitted, and there's a feeling like a sigh. I think... I could bond with someone with a name and share their name, in a sense. Names being what they are, I would probably become somewhat like them. Perhaps even gain a physical form. I'm not sure, but I feel the capability.

Maybe then I could really help. Not just my weak efforts until now, but fighting by your side.
Oni no Nanzi - Fiend to All

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:06 pm

Gotta say, it's a solid tactic. IC, Nanzi has precious little reason to question it as such.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:20 am

Subject: Embrace the Flame
Ch'jak'matt wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:19 am
He didn't bother moving. He took the blast full on. He knew he couldn't get far enough away. So he met it with a grin. He would go meet his family in the afterlife as he had lived. With a fierce passion for life, his weapon in hands, fighting alongside allies. As his vision faded, he saw his pups and mate waiting for him. He was home.....

As his body fell, the iron armor partially melted to him, his hands, burned to the bone, were still locked around the Ono, which was without a scratch despite all it had been through, held at ready even as his ashen corpse lay there. It still had a destiny. Its name still would be carried on to a task that awaited it.

(defense roll: 24
Dead, dead dead)

We salute you, Giant-Rat. :cry: :cry:

Theme 2Profile

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:36 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:20 am
Subject: Embrace the Flame
Ch'jak'matt wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:19 am
He didn't bother moving. He took the blast full on. He knew he couldn't get far enough away. So he met it with a grin. He would go meet his family in the afterlife as he had lived. With a fierce passion for life, his weapon in hands, fighting alongside allies. As his vision faded, he saw his pups and mate waiting for him. He was home.....

As his body fell, the iron armor partially melted to him, his hands, burned to the bone, were still locked around the Ono, which was without a scratch despite all it had been through, held at ready even as his ashen corpse lay there. It still had a destiny. Its name still would be carried on to a task that awaited it.

(defense roll: 24
Dead, dead dead)

We salute you, Giant-Rat. :cry: :cry:
Normally when a character dies, I post manly tears. Today I post ratly tears.

Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:41 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:05 am
That got a chuckle.

"Well, anyone Nanzi hates as much as he hates Shinsei is probably a wonderful human being. I'll have to come to the wed-"

His eye assaulted him with a vision, so strong that he nearly dropped to his knees. Like it had done during the tournament, it showed him a myriad of futures spanning from the moment- and unlike the tournament, it was filled with nothing but nightmarishness in most cases.

Phi and Shinsei, smiling, looking down at a saddled bundle. A vision of black feathers and long claws impaling them both, then devouring the screaming baby alive. Phi and a child, in some stone building with a statue of Shinsei in the room, the structure shaking. A massive clawed hand smashing through the ceiling to scoop them both up and crush them to jelly. A pregnant Phi sitting by Shinsei's side, taking a sip of something steaming, handed to her by a robed figure... and then screaming as cramps overtook her.

Horror after horror, layered one on top of another. For the first time in quite a while, Sora tried to sift the visions. Tried to find a way out.

Phi. A baby. Shinsei, there but not there.

"... there can't be a wedding."
Gotta love being the bearer of bad news, eh big guy?
Oh, I'll let folks guess what I plan on spending 1 point on.
Last edited by Nozomi on Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Out of Character Chat”