Memorable Moments in History

Togashi Saruko

Re: Memorable Moments in History

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 2:45 am

Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 3:10 am

Subject: [Day 7, Late Morning] Study Hall (Open)
Ko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 2:23 am
Ko had never seen nor, in all honesty, really even heard of a library. Nevertheless when people said the Nezumi had a great hall in which they stored all of their knowledge, and anyone could come and see it (well, any rat-rat, at least), she was seized with an intense longing to know what this looked like.

What it looked like was... shelves full of sticks? This was incomprehensible to Ko, but then, she'd never expected the Nezumi knowledge to be easily accessible to an outsider like her. She glanced at the other humans, who might perhaps know more--in between peering at the nearest sticks themselves.

Are those... magic wands? Or maybe they use them to play music, when they sing the lore songs? All she could detect about them was a distinctly ratty odor, but that was pretty much true of the whole rat-city.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 5:45 am

ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:50 am

Canon Matsu: If I marry a Kami, I'll only be remembered as his wife.
Kinsen: Hold my beer.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat May 30, 2020 6:24 am

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:50 am
Canon Matsu: If I marry a Kami, I'll only be remembered as his wife.
Kinsen: Hold my beer.
<3
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Sat May 30, 2020 10:04 am

Sounds good to me.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Canary

Post by Canary » Sat May 30, 2020 1:14 pm

Phi wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:02 am
Phi was keeping her cool after a second when it finished coughing up blood and turned, stepping away from the creature and clutching herself, unstringing her bow in a methodical way and putting it back on her back. She was in control, but it was very obvious that the first sight of a bog hag had rattled her more than her usual stoic demeanor permitted.

They have a face. They have a face. They have a face. Get a grip on yourself, Phi. They have a face. they took our skins and wore them. They have a face. They have a face.... get a grip. It's not...

Breathe. Breathe. She steadied herself and put the jade back into her clothes, turning to look over her shoulder. "We know who they are. Yes, the other two, tonight. We bring their filthy bodies for proof." she said in a cold, dead tone. "I have an answer for your wife, as to why the guard did not report back properly in the dead of night in the swamp. It is worse than I feared, but we will make an end of this tonight, and we will make dead certain that we keep this place secure from here on out. Burn the supplies that we need to, check them all."

A shake of her head. She was not going to vomit in front of them. She was not a child. "Would... one of you help the girl, please?"

(OOC: Demuring on the Servant award. She wouldn't request that, and given her backstory I think it's better with one of the two higher status characters. ^.~)
Phi has been a great character and this freakout and seeing what led up to it was great.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat May 30, 2020 7:07 pm

Canary wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 1:14 pm
Phi has been a great character and this freakout and seeing what led up to it was great.
I'm having a lot of fun, and I really had a lot of fun building up to that tag specifically. The mini-event was surprisingly more useful than I had expected for characterization.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:58 am

Tyrus killed me with cuteness in one child.

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=647&p=10893#p10881
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:59 am

Multikill, in fact.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:00 am

PEKKLE :evil:
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:00 am

Did we just find another agent of Jigoku now?! :o

Theme 2Profile

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:28 am

No specific scene at the moment, but I just gotta say that Agasha is wonderfully adorable, mentally hyper-active, with no filter at all about what comes to mind.

Love her to bits. :D

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:47 pm

It's a bit rude to toot your own horn, but Anjing Xia makes this scene one I'm inordinately fond of....

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:11 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:47 pm
It's a bit rude to toot your own horn, but Anjing Xia makes this scene one I'm inordinately fond of....
You two are pretty adorable together...

Hmmmmm

*ships*

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:54 am

Speaking of shipping...

Daaaaaaaaaaaw.
Doji Kaze wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:27 am
Kaze wasn't entirely sure where this guy got off being disrespectful to the Fortunes. A frown began to develop, but he wasn't interested in a dispute, so he bore down on his work.

Carving Benten, 1 raise=43

Soon, the Fortune of Love's curious mixture of masculine and feminine characteristics began to emerge from the wood block. It was hypnotically lovely in its androgyny and in its sympathetic expression. As it emerged, the mild annoyance he had felt began to dissipate, and he found his mind wandering down new paths, considering new ideas, new feelings that had only just begun to emerge.
Seppun Dawei wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:17 am
Dawei looks over at Kaze's work and nods.

"Solid piece, that. Good work."

He smiles again. "Good, indeed."
Doji Kaze wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:57 am
"I am glad you approve, Dawei-kun." The knife continued to smooth out rough sections as he smiled a little shyly. "I am...experimenting with your method, and it seems Benten leaps from the wood!"
Seppun Dawei wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:30 am
"Maybe I will find similar success with your methods, Kaze-kun," comes the reply, with another nod and a wink. "I shall have to practice.

"But for now," and he motions with his head toward the rest.
Doji Kaze wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:37 am
"I understand. You have many seeking your attention. I cannot lay claim to all of it, much as I may wish to."

He looked down at his work to cover his growing smile. "Benten and I shall have to make do with each other until you are available."
Seppun Dawei wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:40 am
"There'll be time later. I promise."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:08 am

Oh, so that's why (the dices of) Benten weren't shining on anyone else today. She was sending us a message about her OTP, divine shipper on deck that she is.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:33 am

Oh my god that's cute
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:23 pm

*blushes*

You folks...
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:35 pm

If the First Oni in this game is actually Oni no Shinsei I am going to be impressed and horrified. Impressified? Horrimpressed?
Phi wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:32 pm
She thrust the note at Shinjo so that she had it in her possession. She'd said enough that there was little point hiding it. Admittedly, there were implications there, but she didn't care. She was worried and frightened what this might mean.
Phi

I have discovered something dangerous approaching the expedition. I know not for certain, but its existence may be my fault, so I have left to try and dispatch it quickly.

Please forgive my insolence. I knew if I approached you directly, you would have come with me. I doubt I could have refused.

Tell only those you trust with your life. If I do not succeed...proceed as you must. I will return when I am able.

Shinsei
She looked at Karasu and swallowed. So. West. "Thank you," she muttered to the bird. "I don't promise not to drum him senseless if I get the chance to do it..." She had to control her breathing. "The damned fool was keeping me back to protect me... I know it's dangerous, but if you give me leave, I will track him down and beat him over his had with my tonfa and drag him back."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Return to “Out of Character Chat”