Memorable Moments in History

Canary

Memorable Moments in History

Post by Canary » Tue May 19, 2020 4:43 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:20 pm
He knew people probably expected a proper Imperial to show up with an entourage- or at least to have come in with the Imperial supplies that Shiba had sent along.

But as the man still getting used to being called Jiyo Sora stood by the river's edge, looking up at the castle, he figured that anyone looking for reasons to be disappointed in him could just wait a little bit. They'd get their chance soon enough, and he knew for a fact that the quartermasters didn't need him stumbling around and confusing things.

Besides, he needed the time to tamp down the temptation to piss on Hida's most recent pile of rocks. Punching the Anjing Daimyo in the throat when she inevitably showed up to object and then getting hurled across the line of the horizon by her enraged Kami spouse wasn't exactly something that would reflect credit on the family he'd sworn himself to.

So he looked at the sunrise over the river and took a few moments to collect himself. Others might think of what lay ahead as hostile territory, but for him, he had entered enemy country the second he'd entered Seidou lands, and grabbing such peace as he was able seemed wise.

So he had a seat by the riverside and had breakfast.

Among the Ayakashi-influenced court surrounding Shiba, he would have probably had some kind of vegetable soup, maybe some rice. An egg or two, if he was willing to go to the trouble.

But he was back on the road, and he tore into a strip of dried hare with, if not pleasure, at least familiarity, and chased it with a pull on his water bottle.

Seidou lands. It would have to be the fucking Seidou lands.

He was so caught up in his thoughts he didn't notice the Bat Clan artisan nearby.

He was more focused on trying his hand at catching some fish on a line, for a change. No way he was building a fish trap in that mess.

Not bad! These southern fish like the eddies in the current as much as our mountain trout...
Just to start this off, I love this post. Sora has nailed the feel of the early Empire here with all of his little details about nascent rivalries, the court, just... Perfect. Awesome job.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jiyo Sora

Re: Memorable Moments in History

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 19, 2020 4:49 pm

SEMPAI NOTICED ME
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed May 20, 2020 7:18 am

Subject: What. (Day 1 EE)
Ik’tch'krit wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:28 am
Nezumi may look like filthy rat scum but that doesn't mean it's true! Ik'tch'krit disrobed without any shame, for his body was perfect breeding material for any female Nezumi. And what were humans going to say about him that would matter?

When he got into the cauldron, however, he started to chittering. First it was out of surprise, then out of contentment. He sank inside, nose wrinkling out of delight.
Ok, this is really cute. :D
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 4:27 am

Subject: (D1 EM) Where Friend-Friends Are Made-Made
Ik’tch'krit wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:16 am
The Nezumi sniffed up the ink. It was somewhat pleasant, like if a human teen wanted to inhale the fumes, they might do so. "You scribble-draw things that tell-tell man-things stories? Like speak-speak on... paper."

More Ik'tch'krit I know, but I laughed at the idea of this version of sniffing markers. :lol:
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 4:25 am

Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 4:26 am

Jin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:25 am
Shinsei's Crow is... a stoner?
Makes sense to me. Who else could put up with that fortune-cookie wisdom all day, every day?
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 8:10 am

Sorry for the san loss Sora (oh, wrong game? Well still sorry...)
Canary wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:35 am
He stared... And stared... And stared. Something felt odd. Was some of the few from the grass soaking into his pants? He looked down to check, to find a creeping black sludge crawling up his legs and arms, under his skin, deeper. He felt himself rise as if it was puppeteering him, feeling rage and bloodlust filling him without his input as though it was pumping it into his veins.

As if from the outside, he watched himself turn and cut down the newcomer to the clearing. Suddenly, the clearing itself was full of bodies, soaked in blood, and he felt a dark will whispering in his ear, but he couldn't identify the voice. Did it feel familiar or not? It was impossible to tell. It just pushed him onward.

He found himself suddenly facing a young woman, it looked like an older version of the girl that followed around the tall former Noriaki, Yamadono. The was no pity in her eyes as she swung a curved sword at him...

And suddenly he was thrown out of the vision, left know lying on the ground. The new arrival seemed none the worse for wear.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 10:11 am

Subject: [D3, LM, Open] The Green, Green Leaves of Home
Doji Kaze wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:52 am
Kaze smirks. "I don't know...have you seen Hida? The resemblance is uncanny."

Kaze dropping sick burns at the dawn of the Empire. xD

(Doji would be proud)

Theme 2Profile

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 24, 2020 3:11 am

Subject: Steal from the Rich and Give to the Us [Day 3, EA]
Kanna wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:08 am
No one else seeming to respond, Kanna takes a defensive posture herself, though not quite as dedicated as his. "Look, you fought like a fuckin' champ here. That one hit might have killed someone less prepared for it. Ain't no sense in you dying in this field. My people could use someone like you in their ranks. You've seen how I fight, and how Nori over there takes hits like a fuckin' champ. Come join the spider and we'll give you a good way to use them muscles of yours. Plus you won't have to try to harry caravans to get dinner."

Her posture slacked just a bit, indicating she had no intention of keeping up the fight if he didn't. "Name's Kanna. Bodyguard of Reiko the prophet, champion of the Spider."

Fuckin' champ is now the highest form of praise in the new Empire! :D

Theme 2Profile

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 24, 2020 9:57 am

Subject: (D1, EE, Open) Beery Good
Shoji Haka wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:55 am
"No," she says, waving away the request. "This one should be able to find it without too much trouble. And if she fails, she gets to find out if others will kick her out of their tent when she guesses wrong! It will be exciting either way."
Now I'm trying to imagine the poor person who wakes up in the middle of the night as a blind scary woman stumbles into their tent.

Or other ensuing hilarities.

:lol:

Theme 2Profile

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun May 24, 2020 10:13 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:57 am
Subject: (D1, EE, Open) Beery Good
Shoji Haka wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:55 am
"No," she says, waving away the request. "This one should be able to find it without too much trouble. And if she fails, she gets to find out if others will kick her out of their tent when she guesses wrong! It will be exciting either way."
Now I'm trying to imagine the poor person who wakes up in the middle of the night as a blind scary woman stumbles into their tent.

Or other ensuing hilarities.

:lol:
You mean Shinsei? She's camping next to Shinsei right now...
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 am

Oh the poor man!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Theme 2Profile

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Sun May 24, 2020 12:40 pm

Another great storytelling thread here!

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=435
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 5:36 am

Ik’tch'krit wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:32 am
Ik'tch'krit, with his newly acquired (yet borrowed) piece of jade, went out to the forest to be alone. First, he sniffed the precious jade again. Then, he gave it some good licks to remember the taste. Perhaps, if he had made something else to taste like it later, it would have a similar effect to bad things as the jade did. He opened his mouth and seemed to almost put it inside, but, he had second thoughts...

Finally, he began thrusting his fist forward with the jade. He had heard rumors of humans being able to shoot jade-colored beams out of their hands. And so, it was only logical that they would have to use an actual jade to do so.

A few attempts later, he started shouting in both human and Nezumi words to try to activate the stone. "Die-die!" was among the more favorite of his.
All right, I hereby nominate Ik'tch'krit as Champion of the Rat Clan...

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue May 26, 2020 7:27 am

Ninube wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:15 am
"Try is mother? I've heard people listen to them. Maybe she'll get his attention." After a second, "I've been wondering where their place in all of this? Are the Clans just for us humans? Or will we call some these Nezumi brothers and sisters? The other non-human species? Or will the Empire cut itself from them."
Phi wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:23 am
"Hard to say. How we get on in this might affect thin..." Wait... Wait... She froze and looked at her with a bit of shock. "Did you just suggest that I pray to the sun goddess to ask her to put in a good word with her son fallen to the Earth? Or did I misunderstand what you mean when you said Mother? Because... do... do people even DO that?"
I think... Ninube just suggested Phi ask Ameterasu to put in a good word with Bayushi and I can't stop laughing.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Tue May 26, 2020 7:49 am

Praise the Sun
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 26, 2020 8:25 am

Subject: (D3 EE) Harness the-the Power!
Ik’tch'krit wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:24 am
The Nezumi ran forward to where the jade light had struck, trying to dig for any remains. "Man-thing did it!" he exclaimed, sniffing at the ground afterwards. "Why it go away-way?"

He scratched at the ground more and then chittered in annoyance. "Man-thing ever try-try with jade-stone before?"

Gosh, this continues to be so cute!

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Canary wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:20 pm
It takes a few minutes to approach. As you do, the fog slowly reveals more and more of the creature.

It's certainly canine, you learn first, though oddly proportioned and moving strangely. It stumbles occasionally, and you can hear a whimper.

Then, as you get close, it's revealed how it's malformed. Or, more to the point, to what degree. Out of the side of its belly, a large tentacle grows, whipping around of its own accord and unbalancing the poor creature frequently. The skin of its legs seem to be eaten through by some sort of rot and acid. It has its two eyes, but other seemed to have formed essentially at random along its body, each rolling wildly and independently of the others.

It notices Kinsen, Saruko, and Hanzou's approach, turning toward them and growling weakly. As it growls, the mouth showing teeth splits nearly three quarters of the way down its body.
Oh dear oh dear. It's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed May 27, 2020 12:23 am

[Day 5 - LM] Make a Nanzi out of You
Agasha wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:34 am
"Oh! Yes, I didn't actually tell you. Well, it honestly didn't occur to me that a location could be conscious and self aware. Now I'm wondering if that applies to all spirit realms, or just it, or if something like that could occur in Ningen-do?" She mused, obviously getting back into her thoughts. "I mean, most things have kami, but that's not exactly the same, but if maybe they were particularly awake, or there was one big one, or... there are so many things can could potentially cause something like that, and it if locations can be aware, what about other inanimate objects?" She paused to take a breath. "I mean, there are stories about old buckets and things left unattended that become vengeful spirits and whatnot, and is that just a smaller scale phenomenon? And if it IS, there could be all sorts of applications for it and if it's not it implies a bunch of other things."
Momma Bat is so proud....
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed May 27, 2020 11:10 pm

Subject: [D5, EA, Expecting] An Interview with Mr. Crane
Doji Kaze wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:01 pm
"She was kind to me." Kaze smiled. "And she told me of a world where words of virtue could create that virtue, and words of deep feeling could create those feelings. It still seems miraculous to me, but I have seen it work."

He paused. "But Haruyo-san spoke of other Kami. They are many, but their works and ways speak more to some than to others. Hida protects, and inspires others to protect as well. There are many who need protection, but it did not resonate with me. Akodo marshals and organizes. There is value in this, but I have been a loner all my life. Shiba is a gatherer of knowledge. Knowledge is precious, but it can be cold. Togashi leads an inward journey, Shinjo an outward one.

All of these things are important, but with all of them, we might create the One Great Tribe Called Empire and discover that it is powerful, and safe, and well-organized, and rich in knowledge, and expanding to the four corners of the world, but that it had changed nothing in the hearts and souls of the people. Doji's way teaches us to cultivate the virtues and the ways of talking that will allow us to live as one, united at heart even when we disagree. And that seemed to me to be the most precious gift of all. The new way that creates a family of all people."

Not just this post, but all of Kaze is so... pure and adorable and wonderful.

He's the cinnamon roll of this game and must be protected at all costs! <3

Theme 2Profile

Return to “Out of Character Chat”