Memorable Moments in History

Togashi Saruko

Re: Memorable Moments in History

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:42 am

Subject: D15EA, Praying Can't Hurt (Open)
Canary wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:12 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:34 pm
He arched an eyebrow.

"Yes?"
She huffed a little at the raised eyebrow, her expression determined. "Don't look at me so doubtfully. I want to marry you!"

All according to monkey-keikaku. 8-)
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:12 am

Subject: OOC Chat
Nanzi wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:36 am
I never Void, I only Nanzi.
The new Momoku.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:28 am

Reo wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:27 am
."An archer does not aim with his eye. A man who aims with his eye has forgot the shape of the Earth. I aim with my mind."

Given all the Dune I crib for Sora, I appreciated this Stephen King reference.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:03 am

Subject: [Day 16, Late Morning] For the Birds [Expecting]
Shinsei wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:00 am
Shinsei tightened his lips, and it looked for all the world like he was trying to bite down a laugh. He managed a slow nodn without breaking his expression completely.

"I'm certain she will appreciate having a spouse with such... enthusiasm for the impending marriage. You must be everything she's ever looked for in a man."

Man, that's kind of harsh, Shinsei. :lol:
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:20 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:03 am
Shinsei wrote:
Shinsei tightened his lips, and it looked for all the world like he was trying to bite down a laugh. He managed a slow nodn without breaking his expression completely.

"I'm certain she will appreciate having a spouse with such... enthusiasm for the impending marriage. You must be everything she's ever looked for in a man."

Sora doesn't think so :P
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:49 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:03 am
Shinsei wrote:

Shinsei has many reasons to find this amusing
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:17 am

Some of which I am privy to...

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:49 am

Togashi Nadare wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:07 am
This was why Togashi had sent him here. He could feel it. The power flowed through them all like the pulse of the world. His whole being resonated with it.

Blood called to blood.

Calmly the knife did its work as he made his request. His human blood held power, that had always been true. Its offering was well received by the kami. And so did that which Togashi had gifted to him...

Nadare's eyes blazed with the power of a god made mortal. A pure light. Golden.

"It begins..."

Togashi's voice echoed from the Tattooed man as the golden colour became a stream that flowed, bursting forward. It enveloped the rescue team in a golden prismatic bubble, reflecting the light like crystal.

"Go. Now."

---
I loved the touch of channeling Togashi there!

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:38 pm

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:43 pm

I love the 'still one marriage so far' line! So, we got any other takers present? I caught enough I should be able to knock a lesson off easy!
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:13 pm

Open a little jungle Chapel of Love?
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:45 am

Subject: The Descent
Canary wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:40 am
Cracks spread across the crystalline structure of the protective bubble. It wouldn't hold for very long; it was entirely compromised. Hantei swiped at the massive claw pressing on the sphere then touched it, concentrating hard. After a second the glow of Hantei brightened then dimmed until he no longer glowed with the light of Heaven. As Hantei's light died the cracks of the bubble sealed up until the sphere was whole once again and even looked a little stronger than before. Hantei whipped around and parried two more blows from the great beast, his breath was labored exhausted from repairing the bubble.

"Go! Run!" He cried out "I'll hold it off as long as I can." The man said with the certainty of one ready to face death. He parried a couple more blows and even scored a hit on the creatures leg but his strike lacked its usual power and merely hampered the monster. His fatigue caught up with him as he blocked one blow but wasn't fast enough to block the follow up.

“What are you doing?! You rash idiot!” His brother cried out.

The once shining God was flung against a wall next to the bubble his armor dented and crumple blood coming from multiple wounds. He tried to stand making it to one knee before the great beast swiped down trying to crush Hantei once and for all.

Then a faint whisper was heard coming from the broken god who leaned on the rat man for balance. Then the wall of the barrier closest to Hantei reshaped itself, forming a hand, mirroring the movements of Fu Leng's hand as it scooped up Hantei. He sank into it, the wall reshaping back into a crystalline globe once he was through. The massive claw destroyed the area where Hantei once was. Fu Leng crumpled from the exertion, but Hantei caught him, despite his own exhaustion. "Thank you brother." He said quietly as he picked Fu Leng up and looked to the others "Let's move!"

BROTHERLY LOVE!!! <3

Theme 2Profile

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:43 am

Bakuriel wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:41 am
As Shinsei nods thoughtfully, Sora has a vision...

No... two visions.

Three visions...

Five, ten, twenty, one hundred visions...

Visions of Phi...

... slapping the absolute piss out of Sora.

The harder he tries to evade, prevent, or escape, the harder and more numerous the slaps. In one vision, he evades Phi for years, only for Kinyôbi to find out, slap him, then turn him over to Phi, who slaps him.

Sora is probably getting slapped for this.

Yuuuuuuup!
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:42 pm

Subject: [D16, LN] Watching the Backtrail
Doji Kaze wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:35 pm
Kaze smiles his private smile behind his stone. Kaze: III, Dawei: 0 Then he slunk around it and sat in Dawei's lap, embracing him in a deep hug and resting his head on Dawei's shoulder.

"Welcome back, my love."

D'awwwww

<3 <3 <3

Theme 2Profile

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:44 pm

I am a lucky, lucky man.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:34 am

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:35 am

Who better to start the librarian ninja tradition? :lol:
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:36 am

Ninube wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:35 am
Who better to start the librarian ninja tradition? :lol:
So besides the Dragon, the Spider are clearly angling to be Imperial favorites :lol:

Return to “Out of Character Chat”