What is Jigoku event

Reiko

Re: What is Jigoku event

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 4:24 am

Jin wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:20 am
Thankfully this problem, at least, can be lore bombed.

Though technically Jin's not bad at Perception until depth comes into play....
Sadly bad eyesight just says perception rolls, not just sight based
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 4:26 am

Oh I know and I roll that way. Even then it's still better than most of his social skills.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Wed May 20, 2020 4:30 am

Reiko wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:24 am
Jin wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:20 am
Thankfully this problem, at least, can be lore bombed.

Though technically Jin's not bad at Perception until depth comes into play....
Sadly bad eyesight just says perception rolls, not just sight based
I feel like that ought to be errata'd
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed May 20, 2020 4:36 am

I'll jump in, can bring a few insights, and do have a little skill with Spellcraft.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 4:40 am

Order of discussion can vary but, in terms of the rolls themselves, does anyone have ones they specifically think they'd be best at.

We need 6 rolls made and hopefully 10 raises without failing.

If we do 3 raises on the two easiest rolls we could then drop to 2 raises on the next two or even one two and two ones.

I can do three raises and am confident doing so on TN 5 or 10 (but can't go twice in a row). TN 15 two raises is pretty safe for me. TN 20 it's a risk, one is safe. TN 25 and 30 I should not be raising if I'm rolling them.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed May 20, 2020 4:43 am

My dice pool is Spellcraft/Int at 10k4 base, with the FKB, and that goes to 10k5 up to twice with the Void I can spend. I have 3 void, but am using one earlier in the day, so 2 available for pumping.

I could also spend a void for a skill rank in either Lore and have a pool of 8k4 on that.

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 4:47 am

I have 1 void left for the event.

Have sage so I can do any lore skill, and 2 ranks of spellcraft.

I can use Mental Quickness, so my non-voided roll will be 10k9 for and for spellcraft (with void one of them would be 10k10 with spellcraft being 10k10+2 I believe) so it's better I think to save me for the final rolls - as the MQ won't last the whole timeslot, just the length of one roll I believe
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 5:03 am

Yoshitsune didn't say how many raises he was able to call in the past message and is offline now but his base stat was 4. So maybe it's best if Kyosei and I take the first two rolls then at least while things get rolling.

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 am

Works for me. With my bonuses, I have strong odds on the full 3 raises on the first few rolls.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 5:10 am

To be safe, I likely won't raise if I'm doing the last 2 rolls. Or if I do, it'll just be a single raise. While 10k9 should totally hit Tn30/TN35, I feel that might be tempting Orokos fate :lol:

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 5:21 am

Well you won't be doing both of the last two unless you have Leadership, Tactician, Contrary, or Overconfident to Dominate with. Otherwise we need to spread them out. But keeping you for the last one works both roll wise and thematic wise and likely won't need a raise.

Description

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 5:22 am

Do we have more than one person with those?

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 5:27 am

Not sure if we have anyone with them at the moment. Hence trying to plot who rolls when so we don't end up flubbing the order.

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed May 20, 2020 5:32 am

I have none of them.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed May 20, 2020 5:38 am

First roll , TN 5+15 for three raises, passed.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 5:39 am

Great start!

Yoshitsune Nori

Post by Yoshitsune Nori » Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 am

Nice job! I posted some talk-talk but didn't post a roll; not sure if we want to coordinate some strategy on who rolls for what. I'm able to call up to 3 raises if needed. Calling lots of raises on the easier TNs does sound smart.
Crab Clan • Shugenja • Fire • Caravan Guard • Cook • Medicine Man
Status 1.0 • Glory 2.0 • Reputation: As Expected
carries: scroll satchel, cook pot, yarrow sticks, tetsubo, flute

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 5:44 am

I think the general idea is to coordinate rolls. We can only post now with rolls in them, saving myself for last as the best dice poll for the highest roll.

If you feel comfortable, you can go for one of the earlier ones as well and call big raises. We're alternating anyway, and there's 6 rolls between 4 of us

Yoshitsune Nori

Post by Yoshitsune Nori » Wed May 20, 2020 5:46 am

Okay, I'm thinking I'll let one of the others do the TN10 roll, I'll try to do either the TN15 or the TN20 roll. That sound good?

Yoshitsune Nori

Post by Yoshitsune Nori » Wed May 20, 2020 5:50 am

Jin wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:21 am
Well you won't be doing both of the last two unless you have Leadership, Tactician, Contrary, or Overconfident to Dominate with. Otherwise we need to spread them out. But keeping you for the last one works both roll wise and thematic wise and likely won't need a raise.
I actually think we could let Reiko do both of the last two if we post some discussion without rolls between her rolls? i.e.

Reiko: Do the thing! (makes TN25 roll)
Jin: Dare we do the thing?
Kyosei: No one has ever done the thing before.
Nori: We can't do the thing! It's far too risky!
Reiko: NO, YOU FOOLS! WE MUST DO THE THING! (makes TN30 roll)

Return to “Out of Character Chat”