What is Jigoku event

Reiko

What is Jigoku event

Post by Reiko » Tue May 19, 2020 4:29 pm

As this has only 4 participants I thought it might be worth making a thread to see who was interested.

Reiko would very much want to be part of the discussion. Skillwise I have every skill (sage) and 4 int, plus mental quickness/fire kamis blessing for mass trait pumping. Only 2 void so can only raise twice though
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jiyo Sora

Re: What is Jigoku event

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 19, 2020 4:31 pm

NOT IT.

While Sora is keenly interested, I would turf most of the relevant rolls.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue May 19, 2020 4:41 pm

While I have Int 4, I don't have any of the skills and only Per 2. So, I could do the first few rolls, same as Reiko, but not much more.

Do have Fire Kami's Blessing, but no Mental Quickness. Also, not sure how rude it is to cut yourself at the table.

Forgot I do have Spellcraft at 3, making it 7k4, but that's the only skill I got. Of course, with Fire Kami's blessing, and void, that would be 10k5 [11k5, round down]. But, otherwise, not sure if I would be good to jump in.
Last edited by Kyosei of the Isawa on Tue May 19, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 19, 2020 4:42 pm

Chisei might be interested, when he gets online.
Stag * Bushi * Virtuous * Waifu
Carries: Light armor, yari, iron sword, yumi

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 19, 2020 4:49 pm

Jin, as a character, would like to be present.

Statwise he's probably solid as well - 6k3 Spellcraft/Intelligence, up to three void to spend, and can buff (himself or others) with Reversal of Fortunes.

The TN 30 is still a bit of a stretch but better than 50/50 and the lower TNs are better than 2/3 odds (below TN25 that's true even without Void)
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 19, 2020 4:51 pm

Depending if I'm allowed to precast 2 spells, I can roll 10k7 for 2 of the int. We can do the rolls in any order I believe as well, and I don't think we all have to do all 6, just divide them up?
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 19, 2020 5:00 pm

Exactly. My reading is that, between the four, the six rolls needs to get done with each being done once. Not that each person rolls all of them. So it's both deciding who is present and who swings at what.

Jin, unless someone is buffing him, would be a good midrange roller. The low TNs could be left to those with less confidence in their results or for those who know they can nail a large number of raises. He can try at the high TNs (and 25 is still fairly good odds with no raise) but is happy to leave them to someone who can definitely nail them.

So if Reiko is attending it sounds like she takes the top roll since she has the big rolls and limited raises due to Void unless an even bigger dice pool or greater void comes along.

If any tribe has a 'talking stick' or other similar type of tradition Mental Quickness could theoretically be passed around but that might draw the ire of the birbs :P
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 19, 2020 5:07 pm

Also, some raises should be taken into account:
If they make all six with no failures and at least 10 Raises, they gain 20 Purity Points
Though these should be the low rolls, probably...
Stag * Bushi * Virtuous * Waifu
Carries: Light armor, yari, iron sword, yumi

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 19, 2020 5:12 pm

If we want to go for the big win it does mean two or more raises per roll other than the last big roll. And the big bonus only counts if we don't fail any roll - so everyone would need to be very confident in the rolls they do make. Even one Orokos backhand and all the previous raises don't count for anything.

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue May 19, 2020 5:15 pm

Thinking on it, with Fire Kami's Blessing, I can spend a Void for, say, Lore: Spirit Realms, for a total of 8k4, and I do have Void 3, so can call 3 raises on the early rolls.

Also, on the roleplay side, I have access to some Jade and Obsidian knowledge.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Canary

Post by Canary » Tue May 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Jin wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:00 pm
Exactly. My reading is that, between the four, the six rolls needs to get done with each being done once. Not that each person rolls all of them. So it's both deciding who is present and who swings at what.

If any tribe has a 'talking stick' or other similar type of tradition Mental Quickness could theoretically be passed around but that might draw the ire of the birbs :P
Just to clarify, ANY of the skills can be used for the six rolls. You can all plug away at it with a single skill six times if you really wanted to, but every participant must make at least one roll during the event. The event is passed or failed as a group.

I'm going to adjust so that you don't have to succeed perfectly, I think, but the 10 raises aren't moving. Y'all shouldn't be punished because Orokos decided to lose its mind.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 19, 2020 5:21 pm

Ok, thanks! That makes raising a lot more tempting then.

Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Tue May 19, 2020 5:22 pm

Birb is ever merciful. XD
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue May 19, 2020 5:44 pm

Wu both have Intel and perception at 3.

Battle at 4, investigate at 2 and sage
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 19, 2020 5:59 pm

Nanzi would like to be there to give his two cents and support Reiko.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Tue May 19, 2020 6:07 pm

I have Contrary and can do Investigation at 6k5/7k6.
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 19, 2020 8:32 pm

I'm not particularly good at this Event.

Intelligence 2
Perception 3
Void 3
Spirit Realms 1
Investigation 2
Hunting 1

Have Clear Thinker but I doubt it applies.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue May 19, 2020 9:12 pm

Who's actually interested in doing it? Reiko, Jin, Nanzi? I see a number of other people have posted their stats, but it's not obvious to me if that means you're interested or not.

I would be rolling 8k5 with the contrary bonus. I made this character to have theological, philosophical, and spiritual discussions... but I don't need to do that as part of an event. So mark me as interested, but deferring.
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 pm

You're keeping 5 across all of the rolls? I think the expedition has a vested interest in you participating.
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 19, 2020 9:20 pm

I am perfectly fine sitting it out. :D
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Return to “Out of Character Chat”