OOC Chat

Seidou Haruyo

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:57 am

Being able to build things is cool.
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:03 am

Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:51 am
I'll admit that, were the world in a better state, I would have been proudly amused if we got to the end only to find there were never enough available purity points for the perfect ending.

But given how things are right now - yes, happy ending please.
There actually initially weren't, but we decided to add a few points to the miscellaneous combats. XD And closing the portal was actually entirely Ch'chit T'kkiri's storyline, so he gets all the thanks for the super happy ending finale with that.
Tyrus wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:50 am
We don't do it for the praise but I'd be a liar if I didn't say it feels good :D but seriously through ups and downs, sleepless nights, running combat till 5am, seeing something just not work the way you want it to, and seeing happy accidents flourish into new story directions. Knowing that you all had fun is the biggest reason that everything is worth it. I feel very privileged to have run for you all, I took my first foray into building combats for this system and found it a confusing and nose bridge massaging feat but I learned a lot of lessons and can't wait to take those to become a better co-gm.

Thank you to Canary for giving me this opportunity and thank you players for engaging and building a story with us.
This.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:05 am

Underbirb accepts your offerings of praise and promises not to kill more than half of you when he writes the timeline.

[Seriously thought it was an honor to be involved in this and I'm happy everyone liked it so much]
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:07 am

All praise is well deserved. There's just not enough to give.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:13 am

And closing the portal was actually entirely Ch'chit T'kkiri's storyline, so he gets all the thanks for the super happy ending finale with that.
I am a bundle of cuddles and warm happy feelings.
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:48 pm

Soon done with work and can then do endgame stuff when I get home!
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:55 pm

I look forward to reprising Taochusu as a headless revenant in the service of Jigoku.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Champion of Jigoku?
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:32 pm

I don't think he's divine enough for that. And he has no brain for tactical thought. Just a headless undead warrior.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:40 pm

Make him a blemmya.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:42 pm

Though we did mention creating a pyre being the plan for bodies after Zombie Rat so he'll be more angry, evil ashes if anything
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:43 pm

Did we bring the body back with us or just burn it before we left?
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:50 pm

Think in the rescue thread we had just started talking about that. My thought was maybe at least get back to the jungle, funeral pyre (with his guqin with him to take to the spirit realms), spread the ashes there in the jungle.
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:54 pm

Taochusu wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:32 pm
I don't think he's divine enough for that. And he has no brain for tactical thought. Just a headless undead warrior.
If they're burning his instrument I'm sure he's in Meido playing for Ryoshun
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:56 pm

At worst he would be an animated body without a head. Which I suspect wouldn't happen. But his soul was untainted and his head was gone and his overall impact on the empire minimal enough that he'd likely only be honored as someone that did the right thing. I would expect his soul to just move along onto it's next spin on the wheel.
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:07 am

Taochusu wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:56 pm
At worst he would be an animated body without a head. Which I suspect wouldn't happen. But his soul was untainted and his head was gone and his overall impact on the empire minimal enough that he'd likely only be honored as someone that did the right thing. I would expect his soul to just move along onto it's next spin on the wheel.
Given he was immortalized in the histories by the bigwigs, I imagine he might have gotten a good word when he was up for afterlife promotion.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:16 am

Miyako wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:50 pm
Think in the rescue thread we had just started talking about that. My thought was maybe at least get back to the jungle, funeral pyre (with his guqin with him to take to the spirit realms), spread the ashes there in the jungle.
Yeah, this is more or less then angle. Or perhaps get him all the way back and assume a proper pyre and funeral for the fallen in front of everyone, even if we don't have the chance to play it properly in game.

Either way, no headless zombies!
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:42 am

I thought jungle because I didn’t know if his body would get really rank if we waited to the city. Plus jungle ashes are Chinsei as heck, but that’s just me! :P
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Ko

Post by Ko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:09 am

Since there's been some talk about locations of things again, I thought I might as well share the scribble map I did to help get my bearings at the start of game. Canary appraised it as more or less accurate, at the time, but it's quite unofficial! Scorpion, Unicorn, and Lion aren't on here because they're... probably in the same general areas they occupy in canon? But their clan castles/central towns haven't really come up yet.

Still, might be useful for all the city (and journey) planners among us at end-game.

Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:18 am

Lion?
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “Out of Character Chat”