OOC Chat

Togashi Saruko

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 14, 2020 5:50 am

FallenStar wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:50 am
They think they know what you can do.

It's true. I have a certain set of skills!
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 14, 2020 5:51 am

Nanzi is a synonym for famous.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Thu May 14, 2020 5:52 am

I have a good Name.
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu May 14, 2020 5:56 am

FallenStar wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:50 am
They think they know what you can do.
Admittedly yes, but then you have to work harder to confuse them.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 14, 2020 6:00 am

Do the thing they don't expect you to do while doing the thing they expect you to be doing but really you are just doing the other thing that no one has done before by doing what you do so well.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu May 14, 2020 6:01 am

Nanzi must stop speaking to friend Togashi. He is making my head spin.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 14, 2020 6:02 am

Nanzi wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:00 am
Do the thing they don't expect you to do while doing the thing they expect you to be doing but really you are just doing the other thing that no one has done before by doing what you do so well.

Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu May 14, 2020 6:27 am

I feel like glory should have some mechanical benefit other than just recognition.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu May 14, 2020 6:44 am

Seidou Satone wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:27 am
I feel like glory should have some mechanical benefit other than just recognition.
At times, in some editions, it's had a moderate effect on appropriate social roles, and in theory it should have a nice fluff mechanic of "Dude, you are famous." How well this plays out, depends.

In HT, I tried in the little time I had a chance before he died, to play up the fact that a Glory 10 inquisitor was in the same city as my Tsukai character. His mere presence had her on edge, because he was famous enough for her to just go Ooooooh shit.

Just sort of depends. I forget if we have an actual mechanical benefit in 4e. I usually play low glory characters.

Set'tch'ich'tch'tch

Post by Set'tch'ich'tch'tch » Thu May 14, 2020 7:57 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:00 am
Hm, social question for our Nezumi guests...

We tend to use marriages to solidify alliances between otherwise unrelated families. How do you guys do it?
All Rat-Rats serve Nezumi Empire. Not know what else you mean-mean there.

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:37 am

Well, if that's not something you do, how do you handle foreign relations? I just ask because we have a few macho idiot gods who would LOVE to throw down with things that don't look like them, so...
Foreign relations? There are Rat-Rats . . . . and Not Rat-Rats. Not Rat-Rats are not Rat-Rats.

Silly hooman asking silly questions. This why we made them slaves in first place. They still not learn.
Nezumi * Rememberer * Wise Old Rat-Rat * One Eye * Fearless

Niche 3.5

The Hammer Rat of the Rat-Rat Heavy Strike Team

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu May 14, 2020 8:09 am

Phi wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:44 am
At times, in some editions, it's had a moderate effect on appropriate social roles, and in theory it should have a nice fluff mechanic of "Dude, you are famous." How well this plays out, depends.

In HT, I tried in the little time I had a chance before he died, to play up the fact that a Glory 10 inquisitor was in the same city as my Tsukai character. His mere presence had her on edge, because he was famous enough for her to just go Ooooooh shit.

Just sort of depends. I forget if we have an actual mechanical benefit in 4e. I usually play low glory characters.
It's an optional rule in...Imperial Archives. I'm going to try it out with my game. Status and Glory both add to rolls in certain situations.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu May 14, 2020 8:28 am

That's where it was. I didn't mind it conceptually, though at times it could severely complicate some rolling. still, it's good in theory.

Realistically, I'm not too worried here. I think most of the players I see play up the flavor of what Glory and Status mean within the setting at this early stage of the Empire.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 14, 2020 10:40 am

Ok, tomorrow I will try to write up some stuff for the philosophy/teaching my character will have for her Family and School.

Tonight just derailed into other stuff and reading about some philosophers and theology. :D

Theme 2Profile

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 14, 2020 11:56 am

Glory? Is that tasty?
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Thu May 14, 2020 12:35 pm

Like chicken.
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu May 14, 2020 1:49 pm

Fame can buy you tasty food, if you're desperate.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu May 14, 2020 5:06 pm

Do we really want to start entitled influencers already asking for free things because they are famous? The universe just started :P

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu May 14, 2020 5:12 pm

I ask for nothing except that Fu Leng be freed from his torment
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 14, 2020 5:16 pm

Reiko wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:12 pm
I ask for nothing except that Fu Leng be freed from his torment
So.... you're offering him a divorce? :twisted:
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu May 14, 2020 5:18 pm

What did I do to deserve such meanness from my friend and student :(
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Return to “Out of Character Chat”