OOC Chat

Jiyo Sora

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:38 am

Well, again, part of the Imperial population boom is down to Shiba's popularity with the playerbase for this game- the victory metrics in Dawn 1 weren't exclusive- in theory, allowing for a boring sameness of success, literally every PC in that game could have founded a family- in fact, those of us who didn't were noteworthy for generally turfing the events. :lol:
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:49 am

I would say it's more Shiba was a preference for PCs rather than nescessarily the players themselves. :D

Mostly because there are many players who have more interest in exploring the setting rather than sticking to "their clan". While Dragon is my favorite clan, I like to explore other clans personally in relation to how their story is in each setting (I've been a lot Phoenixes in Hollow Throne because Phoenix has had a lot of interesting story developments).

But I'd probably be a lot of Dragon here for the foreseeable future because I've got a lot of ideas for Dragon this time around, but I would like to explore other player-created Families in other clans eventually (need moar games!). :?

EDIT: It's hot and late, so I don't know if that made any sense at all. :lol:
Last edited by Togashi Saruko on Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Ko

Post by Ko » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:56 am

Shiba only came out of Game 1 with three in the works (assuming that, as Emperor, his descendants aren’t a playable Family), so it’s only really a lot if we keep adding more like the Isawa etc. as further standard Families.

I would say he wasn’t even *that* overwhelmingly a PC favorite in the Tournament. Now that he’s Emperor there might be a bit more of a temptation to join him as a ‘neutral’ allegiance, rather than picking a ‘side’ with one of the clans, so I guess we’ll need to watch out and balance that a bit in our planning as players?

I’m hoping we’ll see more of the canon founders join up or start to appear as as NPCs in the interim, too. Ikoma, Asako, Shosuro, folks like that. Some of them are already around too (e.g. Kaiu). A mix of canon and AU families among the clans seems fun to me.
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:14 am

I'm not sure why everyone is assuming the Ongaku have to be a vassal to other families, especially when that goal was being supported by 4 players. If for some reason, a family had to go to another place, why it has to be Ongaku, I don't know, and I don't particularly appreciate the public dismissal of three players' major plot points from this game in favor of families that didn't have any written fluff putting them in that position, so there was no way to know there would even be an issue or that it would be a conflict, making it an absolute blindside issue.

It gets very tiresome to have people just assume that we all knew in advance what they were planning when it wasn't publicly visible anywhere. It isn't like I was trying to horn in on someone else's space, so it's a bit annoying having people implying I'm trying to push in or something.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:17 am

Ko wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:56 am
Shiba only came out of Game 1 with three in the works (assuming that, as Emperor, his descendants aren’t a playable Family), so it’s only really a lot if we keep adding more like the Isawa etc. as further standard Families.

I would say he wasn’t even *that* overwhelmingly a PC favorite in the Tournament. Now that he’s Emperor there might be a bit more of a temptation to join him as a ‘neutral’ allegiance, rather than picking a ‘side’ with one of the clans, so I guess we’ll need to watch out and balance that a bit in our planning as players?

I’m hoping we’ll see more of the canon founders join up or start to appear as as NPCs in the interim, too. Ikoma, Asako, Shosuro, folks like that. Some of them are already around too (e.g. Kaiu). A mix of canon and AU families among the clans seems fun to me.
Iuchi is around as one of Jin's ex-students and the one overseeing the family while he was gone (and would have been Daimyo if Jin didn't return)
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:20 am

Jin wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:17 am
Iuchi is around as one of Jin's ex-students and the one overseeing the family while he was gone (and would have been Daimyo if Jin didn't return)
Ooo that's neat. I hadn't caught that! :D

I know Mirumoto is around as one of Wu's fighty-buddies. And Kaiu is somewhere with the Crab. Oh, and Yogo made an appearance this game. I don't think we've seen Asako, Kakita, Ikoma, Yasuki, Otaku yet... Hmmmm! Or the original Miya!
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:27 am

Otaku will be seen soon. She plays into Jin's goal
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:36 am

Dibs on Someisa.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:40 am

Also, Shiba was actually in third place on points in Dawn 1, so you could say that he was the third most popular? ;)

(I kid, I kid. Togashi was in 2nd place, and that was more because of Wu and I lucking out a lot in events and more or less vaulting him to that place just the two of us :lol: )

Shinjo – 94
Togashi – 91
Shiba – 89
Hantei – 81
Hida – 70
Doji – 58
Akodo – 45
Fu Leng – 32
Bayushi – 20
Ryoshun – 15
Dissenters (Kolat) – 3

Theme 2Profile

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:44 am

Nazo is the worst at events.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:45 am

Hanzou wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:36 am
Dibs on Someisa.
All glory to the long-lived Tortoise.
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:47 am

Am I the only one that would rather see new people step in instead of the canon named people? Or maybe a mixture of both?
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:49 am

Nanzi wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:47 am
Am I the only one that would rather see new people step in instead of the canon named people? Or maybe a mixture of both?
I want a mixture!

I do wanna see what the canon people gets up to, but it doesn't nescessarily have to be the same role as before (as seen already, Agasha isn't joining the Dragon, Mirumoto doesn't found a Dragon family either, Matsu will probably be Spider and not Lion unless big changes happen next game).

So I want a blend of old and new, but most importantly I want samurai-drama! :D

Theme 2Profile

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:49 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a mix of both, actually! In fact, I think it would be quite interesting to see canon folks potentially ending up in non-canon places, whether they become family heads as they did in canon or become very famous figures in another family and clan...
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:53 am

Yeah that has been my approach to it, not that I intend to play anyone Canon.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:56 am

Yeah, I don't intend to play anyone canon, though I don't mind mentioning them or bringing them in. Like, Saruko's son is Hoshi, who is Togashi's son in canon as well, but it's completely possible that this Hoshi will be different from canon! Or not. Either way, I leave that to the GMs more since I consider playing someone as powerful as Hoshi could potentially be a little bit... eh, hard to put into numbers, and otherwise difficult to balance if not something I can buy with XP in creation. I prefer to keep things on a more even balance-level between PCs. :)

Theme 2Profile

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:00 am

Nanzi wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:53 am
Yeah that has been my approach to it, not that I intend to play anyone Canon.
Anyone Canon besides Nanzi, you mean. Pretty sure Nanzi is Canon.
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:01 am

I want to see cannon personalities in new roles. I'd prefer different Thunders, a different EC, etc. I'd love to see Isawa and his siblings go to different clans. I hope Kakita does.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:02 am

Hanzou wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:01 am
I want to see cannon personalities in new roles. I'd prefer different Thunders, a different EC, etc. I'd love to see Isawa and his siblings go to different clans. I hope Kakita does.
You know, the Isawa being scattered amongst the Clans would be a kind of hilarious fate of the most stubborn and prideful tribe. :lol: Instead of ruling over a Kami, they have to bow to multiple Kami!

EDIT: Also, that might mean we don't get an Isawa Shugenja school (so no Isawa Shuggie superiority)! :o

Theme 2Profile

Ko

Post by Ko » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:05 am

Isawa founding a religious order, maybe? 🤔

So many possibilities!
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Return to “Out of Character Chat”